Sponsored by:

The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here we have another mis-informed reader...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

knot 2 mention a gud ritwer.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey kid, sorry if your dad got his panties all wadded up over the pass. Tell him to check the mirrors more often and not at the last minute. This way he can see who's coming up sooner (and faster).
Old 12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts

I have yet to find a "semi pro" driver.

Your either pay to race (like most of us) or you get paid to race, in which case you are a "pro."

in any event all but the top 1/3 of the guys running WC or Rolex would get their asses handed to them at a larger club race in a 6 or 7 cup.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by "T" Man
Again, what is this ? Kinden garden?
Yes, evidently it is.

I'm sure NNJR is thrilled to have "T" Man as their new Rennlist spokesman!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Even tough [sic] I my self [sic] usually end up on the fester side of my group
I think CDOC sells lotion to take care of that . . .
Old 12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Chris L.
Pro

Hey Mr. T. . . . with a first post like that I would suggest you just crawl back down in that hole you have been living in.

You even got me to post on a thread I promised I never would again.

I would however do anything to defend my bud Brian Keith Smith!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have to wonder what caused "T" Man to develop such deep anger against NNJR and one of their CIs....anger so deeply held that it caused him to bump this thread back up into the World's attention so that any who missed the thread would be certain to get a good look. They should watch out for this guy!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

WOW.
It never fails to amaze me how grown man can act like a bunch of six years olds...
Brian passed without a signal (never mind why he didn't get it) and got called on it and now whines like a baby how it is not his fault. What if next time he does the same thing ("just that one time at that event") and gets clipped by the other guy, who might have not seen him for what ever reason and both end up wrapped in tire on top of some barrier. Will he have the "right" to whine then? What if he will take you out TD? Will the guy on front (you) still be at a 75% fault? O, I forgot, you must give signals a mile ahead and you well aware of your surroundings... What if you just hade something to redirect your attention from your rear view just for a second? Strange engine noise made you check your oil pressure, sudden tire vibration, smoke under your dash... It can happen to anybody. Even tough I my self usually end up on the fester side of my group and get real annoyed by drivers holding me up, there is no valid reason why I (or you) can't wait that signal out. It just goes with the game. And this is why NNJR a "bunch of pansies" and "*** clowns"? (bought away, well put Dell. Real mature!) All of you happy "cowboys" -yeeehaaaw- when you talk about racing is this good, racing is that great, I am sure you not talking about Club Racing right? Because CR is not much more than DA without passing signals. (Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt all your club racers feelings!!!) If you so tough and good, saddle up and go get measured against at least some semi pro drivers like World Challenge, or Grand Am. They will have no problem to put you in your place on the track if you put your nose where it doesn't belong.
Anyway, I am for quick signals! To get, and to give! Yes, it is frustrating not to be able to hold your "momentum". But most people at the club are not pro's. Even in the red group, so you can't bend the rules, or sooner or lather you will have one of those events where the driver in front of you is not a "*****" (not my words) just plain did not see you and you and up taking you both out. Now that is embarrassing and could result in a shoe up in your rear end...
How about calling Knute all these names? Again, what is this ? Kinden garden?
The only reason you hade any run in with Knute if you don something that landed you in the penalty box. Valid, or not you wore sent there. He did his job, trying to keep you from becoming a crash statistic of the event. He might have a rough style, he might be grumpy, but he is not foul and he is actually a good guy once you know him. He might take his job seriously, like you should when at an event...
Before you clowns sh*t on anybody's name, should consider the times when you crossed somebody willingly or by accident. What if it is your name being soiled by an unhappy "costumer"? Or you guys must be saints! ...almost forgot, innocent six years olds...
This is my two cent worth. "T" Man
You must not have read or understood my post very well. I never went after Knute or criticized NNJR. I always have a blast with them. I also am one of the guys who consistently says that EVERYONE makes mistakes, and that a mistake does not make one a bad driver. That said, if you can't be aware enough of your surroundings to see someone approaching, even if you are under distracting circumstances, the fact that someone passed you without a signal is likely just as much your fault for failing to give a signal (whatever your excuse) as it is the guys fault for taking the pass without a signal. My beef is with claiming that the fault likes SOLELY with the guy taking the pass without the signal. It takes two to tango, and when a step is flubbed, both parties are to blame.

On another note, we all know that BKS is a bery bery bad man, so there is no point in emphasizing that here. It is like saying the sky is blue.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And I thought this thread had been put to bed...

Now Mr. "T" (or is it Ms "T"?) would you be kind enough to lift the veil on the "T" and let the forum know who you are? I know you don't have to if you prefer to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, but most of us who posted on this thread go by knowable identifications.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
911 Wail Tale
Advanced

WOW.
It never fails to amaze me how grown man can act like a bunch of six years olds...
Brian passed without a signal (never mind why he didn't get it) and got called on it and now whines like a baby how it is not his fault. What if next time he does the same thing ("just that one time at that event") and gets clipped by the other guy, who might have not seen him for what ever reason and both end up wrapped in tire on top of some barrier. Will he have the "right" to whine then? What if he will take you out TD? Will the guy on front (you) still be at a 75% fault? O, I forgot, you must give signals a mile ahead and you well aware of your surroundings... What if you just hade something to redirect your attention from your rear view just for a second? Strange engine noise made you check your oil pressure, sudden tire vibration, smoke under your dash... It can happen to anybody. Even tough I my self usually end up on the fester side of my group and get real annoyed by drivers holding me up, there is no valid reason why I (or you) can't wait that signal out. It just goes with the game. And this is why NNJR a "bunch of pansies" and "*** clowns"? (bought away, well put Dell. Real mature!) All of you happy "cowboys" -yeeehaaaw- when you talk about racing is this good, racing is that great, I am sure you not talking about Club Racing right? Because CR is not much more than DA without passing signals. (Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt all your club racers feelings!!!) If you so tough and good, saddle up and go get measured against at least some semi pro drivers like World Challenge, or Grand Am. They will have no problem to put you in your place on the track if you put your nose where it doesn't belong.
Anyway, I am for quick signals! To get, and to give! Yes, it is frustrating not to be able to hold your "momentum". But most people at the club are not pro's. Even in the red group, so you can't bend the rules, or sooner or lather you will have one of those events where the driver in front of you is not a "*****" (not my words) just plain did not see you and you and up taking you both out. Now that is embarrassing and could result in a shoe up in your rear end...
How about calling Knute all these names? Again, what is this ? Kinden garden?
The only reason you hade any run in with Knute if you don something that landed you in the penalty box. Valid, or not you wore sent there. He did his job, trying to keep you from becoming a crash statistic of the event. He might have a rough style, he might be grumpy, but he is not foul and he is actually a good guy once you know him. He might take his job seriously, like you should when at an event...
Before you clowns sh*t on anybody's name, should consider the times when you crossed somebody willingly or by accident. What if it is your name being soiled by an unhappy "costumer"? Or you guys must be saints! ...almost forgot, innocent six years olds...
This is my two cent worth. "T" Man
Sincerely,

Mrs Knute
Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
That said, if you can't be aware enough of your surroundings to see someone approaching, even if you are under distracting circumstances, the fact that someone passed you without a signal is likely just as much your fault for failing to give a signal (whatever your excuse) as it is the guys fault for taking the pass without a signal. My beef is with claiming that the fault likes SOLELY with the guy taking the pass without the signal. It takes two to tango, and when a step is flubbed, both parties are to blame.
+many.

Mistakes happen, but if you really should be aware of what is going on, esp. in the higher run groups (or the lower groups are calling). If you think you have are having a mechanical and the car is under control, check your friggen mirrors.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian P,

I'm the registrar for FSR. Just FYI on the full course at VIR, I target 30/group for Green and Blue (nov. & beg.), 40 for solo (int.), and 50 for black and red (adv. & inst.). I believe these numbers are slightly less conservative than PCA guidelines, and more conservative than the track's rules. I had attended a couple of Zone 2 events and "borrowed" these numbers (approximately) from them. Seems to be a good balance between maximizing cars on the track and minimizing safety risks.

RedlineMan,

You are spot on. The DE Chair and CI need to hear from corner workers and other drivers, and they need to boot people who do not know how to use their mirror and left arm.

Don
Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift
+many.

Mistakes happen, but if you really should be aware of what is going on, esp. in the higher run groups (or the lower groups are calling). If you think you have are having a mechanical and the car is under control, check your friggen mirrors.
BINGO!

Let us not forget, amongst many other important details that a few who are displaying the infinite wisdom of the uninformed seem to have overlooked, that this incident took place in the RED RUN GROUP!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
"T" Man
4th Gear

Here we are again... Why vulgarity necessary for a healthy discussion?
Forklift.
"Mistakes happen, but if you really should be aware of what is going on, esp. in the higher run groups (or the lower groups are calling). If you think you have are having a mechanical and the car is under control, check your friggen mirrors."
Dbryant61
"You are spot on. The DE Chair and CI need to hear from corner workers and other drivers, and they need to boot people who do not know how to use their mirror and left arm."
I happen to agree with both of you, but I think you missing the point. It is not the question of awareness on the track. That is basic! It is also a basic rule at DE that passing can only be don by a point by. If we ignore that and something happens during that pass, the blame falls on us and not on the guy who forgot to lift his left arm. Right or wrong, should he be aware or not. Can you give me that?
Anyone who regularly holding others up (purposely, or by ignorance) should be dealt with, but technically we still can't just past them at will.
I also believe run groups should be based on speed. Ability (Yours and your cars) to run at a certain pace. If you can't keep up with most cars in your group, you will have more fun in a lower group anyway...
As it is now, the more time you spend with the club the higher you get in the groups. Fast, or not... Better grouping would take care of most passing issues.
Thanks! "T"-man

Quick Reply: The Official NNJR @ VIR 2007 thread...