Sponsored by:

Info Needed on Building '00 Boxter into F-Stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
lurker
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info Needed on Building '00 Boxter into F-Stock

I was trying to find a car that's already built but there doesn't seem to be any. So the next option is to build one myself or really have someone do it and pay for the work. I would have to have at least the cage done by someone and the diff put in, the rest of the work I can probably do myself. Has anyone looked into this already or gone through the build? Any help/info would be appreciated. Also looking for a recommendation of a cage builder in the Midwest that is reasonable and has experience w/ PCA rules and Boxters.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lurker
I was trying to find a car that's already built but there doesn't seem to be any. So the next option is to build one myself or really have someone do it and pay for the work. I would have to have at least the cage done by someone and the diff put in, the rest of the work I can probably do myself. Has anyone looked into this already or gone through the build? Any help/info would be appreciated. Also looking for a recommendation of a cage builder in the Midwest that is reasonable and has experience w/ PCA rules and Boxters.
I doubt you will find many people who have experience setting up a boxster for PCA racing.

Here's a few people who have experience:
Rick DeMan (he posts on this site)
Ernie Jakubowski (he races a Cayman S)

You can also try this site : http://boxcar-racing.com/forum/

For a cage, I have the Safety Devicies bolt-in cage, which is available from Stable Energies.

Hope that helps
Old 09-07-2007, 02:58 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can also check out the boxster spec guys.

Not the same prep, but they have learned quite a bit about racing these cars in the past year or so.
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/373483-boxster-spec-at-laguna-seca-this-weekend-plus-lunch-laps-on-saturday.html
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick Deman (Demanmotorsports.com) is building an "F" class boxster right now, not sure but Im sure it could be had quickly enough for you to do the last couple of races of the season.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:01 PM
lurker
4th Gear

Thanks for the info. BTW, found some interesting laptimes at Barber that makes me wonder if Boxter in F Stock trim will be competitive http://www.pca.org/clubrace/track_re...ck-Records.htm. F Class record was almost a second a lap quicker than Pobst in a '00 Boxter in GT4S trim... Hmmm. That particular Boxter had ECU and Big Reds up front and may have been under weight for F Stock. Here is a link for reference http://www.thestyleofspeed.com/index.php?showtopic=2379.

Maybe if I blue printed the motor it'll have a chance in F. PCA racing on a budget might not be competitive - who would've guessed LOL .
Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

The early 911s and 944S2 are consistantly at the top of F class. The Boxster has the advantage of mid engine handling. I do not think you can or would balance the engine. Throw aways. The gearing on the BS is a bit off 2 to 3 is sort of in between the torque curve for accelerating out of slow corners. Nice cars. Fun on the track.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

If you start down the path and will build instead of buy I will be removing my Safety-D cage from my 02-s after October. For reasons still unknown to me I decided to buid my car out, more of an outlaw sleeper. Welded cage being put in plus all the other goodies. I guess I like projects
Old 09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Christian-

Can you provide any more info on the cage you're having built?
Reason for the swap? More room? Lighter? etc...

I know it's not going to be cheaper...
Old 09-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Azikara
Instructor

AA - you're faster than Randy anyways...
Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Ernie J
Pro

lurker , why not buy the D class winning Cayman S, its for sale. Anyway if you build a F class boxster , you can make it win. It depends on the amount effort you put into your racing. Success is earned.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:11 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Thanks for the info. BTW, found some interesting laptimes at Barber that makes me wonder if Boxter in F Stock trim will be competitive http://www.pca.org/clubrace/track_re...ck-Records.htm. F Class record was almost a second a lap quicker than Pobst in a '00 Boxter in GT4S trim... Hmmm. That particular Boxter had ECU and Big Reds up front and may have been under weight for F Stock. Here is a link for reference http://www.thestyleofspeed.com/index.php?showtopic=2379.
That Boxster in the SoS thread and the PCA track records is my car - to be delivered in mid October. Interesting that F stock is a bit faster than Randy in the Boxster, but that was his first time in the car (and the last time that car was on the track until I get it and put it back in action).

Also, on those PCA results, the '79 911SC is not listed as an F class vehicle on the PCA rules - wonder if the record is incorrect, as that car is now in G class. http://www.44cup.com/1313/pca_rules_2006.pdf

Last edited by schvetkaaks; 09-07-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schvetkaaks
Also, on those PCA results, the '79 911SC is not listed as an F class vehicle on the PCA rules - wonder if the record is incorrect, as that car is now in G class.
Hupfer's car is an Euro SC, it is in Stock F. Mark is one phenomenal driver, plus that is a well set-up car.

As Ernie mentioned, I believe that a Boxster can be quite competitive and reliable (note the latter) in PCA Stock F. Pick the right car to ensure that you get down to min. weight. My S is still 50 lbs. over ('06 rules), and the drover weighs a tad bit over 150 (too many Krispy Kremes and cervezas).

Let me know if you have any questions. We've learned a lot since starting this slippery slope back in '04....
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Christian-

Can you provide any more info on the cage you're having built?
Reason for the swap? More room? Lighter? etc...

I know it's not going to be cheaper...
Primary reason is overall safety. While I am not fast I am going faster and I like the idea of a purpose built cage that is designed to maximize internal dimensions. No complaint on the bolt in I just want a little more. The car has been on a rather severe diet and the addition of the cage and deletion of the soft top and assorted bits will yield additional savings. FG skin being installed for top. Once I pull it out I will maike it available at fire sale $$ for anyone that can find a good home for it, fellow club member did the same for me.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:41 AM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Originally Posted by Christian20
Primary reason is overall safety. While I am not fast I am going faster and I like the idea of a purpose built cage that is designed to maximize internal dimensions. No complaint on the bolt in I just want a little more. The car has been on a rather severe diet and the addition of the cage and deletion of the soft top and assorted bits will yield additional savings. FG skin being installed for top. Once I pull it out I will maike it available at fire sale $$ for anyone that can find a good home for it, fellow club member did the same for me.
Get one like this bad boy:

Old 09-08-2007, 02:43 AM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
Hupfer's car is an Euro SC, it is in Stock F. Mark is one phenomenal driver, plus that is a well set-up car.

As Ernie mentioned, I believe that a Boxster can be quite competitive and reliable (note the latter) in PCA Stock F. Pick the right car to ensure that you get down to min. weight. My S is still 50 lbs. over ('06 rules), and the drover weighs a tad bit over 150 (too many Krispy Kremes and cervezas).

Let me know if you have any questions. We've learned a lot since starting this slippery slope back in '04....
I'd be rockin' if I was only 150!!! And I don't even eat Krispy Kremes!

Quick Reply: Info Needed on Building '00 Boxter into F-Stock