Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patrick Long Advanced DE day at MSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007 | 07:04 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

I'm in.

My understanding is that Long can not ride with students (in his contract). Glen will correct me if I am wrong.

I'm hoping he can at least take a spin in my car, no better way of having a benchmark to know what the car is really capable of doing. Need to reinstall my data logger ....
Old 03-21-2007 | 07:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

AFAIK, he can drive students' cars but not ride in the right seat.
Old 03-21-2007 | 07:33 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Worth every penny .........
Amen Brother! Between this day and individual instruction days with Bobby Archer, I may figure out how to get my track car started yet!

And tons of thanks go to Mr. Gatlin (yes, that's right - MISTER Gatlin) for putting this together.

Toby
Old 03-21-2007 | 08:00 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

the time and place does not matter if you can get JJ , I'm in .....
I think situation as we had this year (when JJ was at 24 hrs which was close to 48 hrs) would be something that could make it possible.
I need to check his schedule, he might be in for Petit.
Old 03-21-2007 | 11:47 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
AFAIK, he can drive students' cars but not ride in the right seat.
This is correct. Patrick can drive Your car and get data and video in addition to have You ride with him. Also he will be doing some lead follow work in addition to detailed breakouts with each individual.

As You can imagine with an entire day, private track to ourselves, a shop onsite, glassed in air conditioned observation area with hospitality suites and a variety of P cars... these are very very unique learning opportunities. I sincerely appreciate his unique perspective and attention to detail. It brings a whole new level to learning to drive at or above Your prior limits.

He is not only extremely talented in both seattime skill but also data/video analysis. Some of his insights from the sports psychology/mental approach are just as remarkable and helpful.

Those that have done this before know what a remarkable learning experience it is. There will be several very advanced Instructors to assist also.
Old 03-21-2007 | 11:48 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Amen Brother! Between this day and individual instruction days with Bobby Archer, I may figure out how to get my track car started yet!

And tons of thanks go to Mr. Gatlin (yes, that's right - MISTER Gatlin) for putting this together.

Toby

Toby, You are crackin me up...lol
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:08 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
This is correct. Patrick can drive Your car and get data and video in addition to have You ride with him. Also he will be doing some lead follow work in addition to detailed breakouts with each individual.

As You can imagine with an entire day, private track to ourselves, a shop onsite, glassed in air conditioned observation area with hospitality suites and a variety of P cars... these are very very unique learning opportunities. I sincerely appreciate his unique perspective and attention to detail. It brings a whole new level to learning to drive at or above Your prior limits.

He is not only extremely talented in both seattime skill but also data/video analysis. Some of his insights from the sports psychology/mental approach are just as remarkable and helpful.

Those that have done this before know what a remarkable learning experience it is. There will be several very advanced Instructors to assist also.

Glen enough

You are making me sick , blah, blah blah ,blah , so it is going to be ok, learn this , patrick drive that , video this blaaaatt, BIG DEAL ! so what !
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:12 AM
Glen
Race Car

Glen shutup

You are making me sick , blah, blah blah ,blah , so it is going to be ok, learn this , drive that , video this blaaaatt big deal ! i hope it rains on MSR only ,
You can come also, there are several out of staters that will be coming to different ones this year.
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Glen enough

You are making me sick , blah, blah blah ,blah , so it is going to be ok, learn this , patrick drive that , video this blaaaatt, BIG DEAL ! so what !

LMAO......hater.
Old 03-22-2007 | 12:15 AM
Glen
Race Car

Glen enough

Its only an hour from DFW airport, I can rent You the spec miata....
Old 03-22-2007 | 10:38 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Glen
Its only an hour from DFW airport, I can rent You the spec miata....
Glen,
Let me know as far in advance on that and I will take you up on that one.
Thanks

P.S. You going to Mid Ohio for the PCA race in May?
Old 03-23-2007 | 12:45 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

I'm anxiously awaiting next Tuesday......but I hope Patrick doesn't mind being seen in my "beater" '84 Targa! Although, I do think he's older than the car by a couple of years.
Old 03-23-2007 | 02:53 AM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

I wish I could make it but my oil pump won't get here in time .
Old 03-23-2007 | 09:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Pfffttt... Bring the 540.
Old 03-23-2007 | 09:33 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have a camcorder I can use for one session? Mine decided to die on me. I have an IO port mount already, I was hoping to have a camera in the car when PL drives. Otherwise it off to the store this weekend .....

Quick Reply: Patrick Long Advanced DE day at MSR