HVR / HCP Advanced DE May 16/17

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:52 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewels
First I would like to thank all my fellow organizers in both clubs for all there help and time.
Second I would thank all those participants of this years Cups and Saucers event for making it one of the best attended one since we started this type of event at WG seven years ago.
Marty
Pres. & Track Chair
HCR/PCA
And Proud of It
Marty, Lou, Patti, and everyone else that helped put on this event:
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It was terrific (as it always is); you did a great job with what can be a challenging bunch of drivers. Its not easy herding cats.
And if you want my vote - its still an DE event, limited to non-instructed drivers that meet the # of days requirement.
See you next year!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Jewels
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larry I think you hit the nail right on the head..but I think we might have a hard time telling the "RED" group drivers to stay in cups only and the others that they cannot go into the red "CUP" runs.
My cheif concern is that too much regulation will make the event have less appeal. I have been trying for self regulation of this event for years and in my mind it is slowly working.
Overall being a Administrator of a Volunteer Fire Dept for years has tought me one obvious thing...YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME, but we will continue to try to make it as pleasurable and safe as any Adv. DE there is.
Honestly I do appreciate your input.
Regards,
Marty
Old 05-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewels
My cheif concern is that too much regulation will make the event have less appeal. I have been trying for self regulation of this event for years and in my mind it is slowly working.

Right on! That's one reason I love this event. While I indicated earlier that my preference is for more segregation between the groups, I had also suggested that this be done primarily through self-assignment, with the option of the participants or organizers reassigning through the weekend. It was my hope that this would be minimally intrusive.

I suspect that the comments on this list are from a demographic that is biased in the "cuppish" direction. That's OK, you organize the event you want to have, not an event based on a popular vote. I raise this only to point out that much of the discussion here might not represent a cross-section of this year's participants.

However it shakes down, I'll be there next year, and thanks again to all.

Bill

Quick Reply: HVR / HCP Advanced DE May 16/17