Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 05:37 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,082 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
errr, 4th row from the bottom
I beat you with the self-own in the post before. Thanks!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-26-2024, 05:48 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 332 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I beat you with the self-own in the post before. Thanks!
Hahah you did - well played
Old 06-26-2024, 05:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Hold on - you really didn't read the form before? I thought you were being facetious.

You've commented on this thread 120+ times - yes, I actually wasted a few minutes of my life confirming in your posts history - but you couldn't bother to actually look into what you were commenting on?!?!?!?! Interesting.
No, never saw it before you posted it. I don’t race. I’m not one of the cool kids. Just a lowly HPDE guy.
My “120+ posts” were in regard to the data that the committee wanted from Todd.
Had nothing to do with the form, nor did my previous “120+” posts. Had everything to do with the personal medical data they wanted from Todd, and the way the committee circled the wagons to get it, and when not happy with Todd, they revoked his license to race.
And again, for the umpteenth time, I would have gone a very different route than Todd did.
Still not convinced that the medical committee folks were right, and it appears to me as overreach.
Old 06-26-2024, 06:13 PM
Racer

Received 294 Likes on 121 Posts

Actually, reading over the SCCA form, it does reference in the declaration, the request to disclose the use of an "other external breathing device"

So does the ASN form from Canada. I hadn't seen that before...
The PCA license application is also very straight forward...

"By signing this PCA Club Racing License Renewal,"

..."I understand that Porsche Club of America is a private, not-for-profit organization and that it reserves the right to deny the issuance of any license, or to revoke any license previously issued, for any reason or no reason, except that it will not deny or revoke a license solely on the basis of race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
Old 06-26-2024, 06:20 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,082 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by 9114609048
The PCA license application is also very straight forward...

"By signing this PCA Club Racing License Renewal,"

..."I understand that Porsche Club of America is a private, not-for-profit organization and that it reserves the right to deny the issuance of any license, or to revoke any license previously issued, for any reason or no reason, except that it will not deny or revoke a license solely on the basis of race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
Yep, that's what they did, too.
The following users liked this post:
9114609048 (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:22 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,289 Likes on 2,445 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
No, never saw it before you posted it. I don’t race. I’m not one of the cool kids. Just a lowly HPDE guy.
My “120+ posts” were in regard to the data that the committee wanted from Todd.
Had nothing to do with the form, nor did my previous “120+” posts. Had everything to do with the personal medical data they wanted from Todd, and the way the committee circled the wagons to get it, and when not happy with Todd, they revoked his license to race.
And again, for the umpteenth time, I would have gone a very different route than Todd did.
Still not convinced that the medical committee folks were right, and it appears to me as overreach.
The whole approach to health issues and driver fitness is overreach and flawed. I agree there.

HOWEVER, to get a PCA club racing license, one does need to complete the medical form and provide supplementary information related to health conditions, the doctors on the medical committee review the information, and they are the ones who decide if someone is cleared to race. There's no point in arguing that they don't need the information they request; they decide what information they want and, being doctors acting as volunteers on behalf of PCA, they have a duty to be reasonably thorough in requesting and reviewing information. If someone wants to race in PCA, those are the hoops that must be jumped through, and one has the option of not jumping through those hoops and therefore not racing with PCA.
hbdunn (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 07:31 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Simply astonishing. After the **** ton of work Todd put onto this, including the detailed and comprehensive whistleblower letter, all he gets from PCA is GFY. Remarkable. SMH.
Old 06-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Location: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon
Received 506 Likes on 312 Posts

"Do you have, or HAVE YOU EVER HAD..."
How about: If I don't have it now, it's none of your Goddam business.

And please define 'Alcohol problems'....
"Do you have a problem with alcohol?"
"No sir! I can drink 47 beers without barfing!"
Cyclman (06-30-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 09:23 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nowanker
"Do you have a problem with alcohol?"
"No sir! I can drink 47 beers without barfing!"
Lightweight….
Old 06-26-2024, 09:36 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

Actually, reading over the SCCA form, it does reference in the declaration, the request to disclose the use of an "other external breathing device"
I believe that the SCCA language you referenced on their form - "Do you require the use of supplemental oxygen, or other external breathing device" - is actually related to a problem that surfaced a few years ago - at post-race impound of an SCCA club race, Tech noted a driver who had a supplemental oxygen tank etc IN THE CAR with them. Not shi**ing you...really happened. That raised eyebrows, and the matter quickly found its way to SCCA HQ and beyond.

So...NO, you may not race if you have to bring your supplemental oxygen tank on-board your race car. Don't read anything beyond that into that wording. I have never heard of any SCCA-licensed driver with OSA being challenged for data from their CPAP device.

Last edited by Professor Helmüt Tester; 06-26-2024 at 09:38 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Professor Helmüt Tester:
Cyclman (06-30-2024), Matt Romanowski (06-26-2024), mobius911 (06-26-2024), ProCoach (06-27-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 10:19 PM
chartersb
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

It seems to me that PCA CR Medical Committee is not only questioning Todd CPAP compliance, they are questioning Todd's doctor. His doctor signed his medical evaluation, his medical data and signed his race license recomendation. When you read the Med Form you can see that every PCA CR applicant is required to have their medical condition evaluated by an MD in the racing context and environment specified by PCA CR on the medical form. PCA CR requires your doctor to sign off 3 times on all the medical data PCA CR asks for, and to sign off that they, your doctor recomends that you are "fit for the sport of competitive racing". I would assume that Todd's doctor knows more about Todd's physical health and condition in any context and environment, including racing as described by PCA CR, more than any medical commitee. I get the fact that the PCA CR forms says that the CR Commitee and the CR Medical Committee are the final authority and can deny a license, but I don't get why the Medical Commitee has any presumptive authority at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by chartersb:
ProCoach (06-27-2024), thebishman (06-27-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 10:46 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,773 Likes on 971 Posts

Hold on - you really didn't read the form before? I thought you were being facetious.

You've commented on this thread 120+ times - yes, I actually wasted a few minutes of my life confirming in your posts history - but you couldn't bother to actually look into what you were commenting on?!?!?!?! Interesting.
I see you're new to Earth. Stay away from the politics/team sports/religion conversations; it'll make your head explode.
dgrobs (06-26-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 01:26 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Professor Helmüt Tester
I believe that the SCCA language you referenced on their form - "Do you require the use of supplemental oxygen, or other external breathing device" - is actually related to a problem that surfaced a few years ago - at post-race impound of an SCCA club race, Tech noted a driver who had a supplemental oxygen tank etc IN THE CAR with them. Not shi**ing you...really happened. That raised eyebrows, and the matter quickly found its way to SCCA HQ and beyond.

So...NO, you may not race if you have to bring your supplemental oxygen tank on-board your race car. Don't read anything beyond that into that wording. I have never heard of any SCCA-licensed driver with OSA being challenged for data from their CPAP device.
there are osa approved dental devices. How is that monitored? Those devices provide no data. Does pca now control what devices they accept for data generation perhaps inconsistent with racer’s doctor recommendation.

Last edited by fatbillybob; 06-27-2024 at 01:28 AM.
ProCoach (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

He's trying to beat the record of posts per year as a member, it's how we roll here..
Old 06-27-2024, 09:16 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

lol

#122?

Quick Reply: PCA medical committee revoked my race license