Dude, children eat gummy bears.

I am an adult. I eat Swedish Fish.
Old 06-21-2024, 07:31 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,474 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Flava Flav is back…

🚨BREAKING: Alpine has announced the return of former Renault Formula 1 team boss Flavio Briatore in an advisory role, 14 years after his dismissal due to the "Crashgate" scandal.

After weeks of speculation about Briatore's potential involvement as Alpine assesses its F1 future, the French manufacturer confirmed on Friday morning that the Italian has officially taken on a formal position with the team.

A short statement from the team said: “BWT Alpine F1 Team can confirm that Flavio Briatore has been appointed by Renault Group CEO Luca de Meo as his Executive Advisor for the Formula One Division.”

“Briatore will predominantly focus on top level areas of the team including: scouting top talents and providing insights on the driver market, challenging the existing project by assessing the current structure and advising on some strategic matters within the sport.”

VIA: [autosport]
Old 06-21-2024, 09:04 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyndellis
Alonso once threw his engine supplier under the bus "GP2, GP2".
Nitpicking here, but I believe Alonso's rant was "...GP3, GP3!".
Old 06-21-2024, 10:09 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,561 Likes on 1,624 Posts

RedBull ran their 2022 car at Imola this week.

https://racingnews365.com/seeking-re...-test-in-italy

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 06-21-2024 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:50 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,392 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by multi21
Flava Flav is back…

🚨BREAKING: Alpine has announced the return of former Renault Formula 1 team boss Flavio Briatore in an advisory role, 14 years after his dismissal due to the "Crashgate" scandal.

After weeks of speculation about Briatore's potential involvement as Alpine assesses its F1 future, the French manufacturer confirmed on Friday morning that the Italian has officially taken on a formal position with the team.

A short statement from the team said: “BWT Alpine F1 Team can confirm that Flavio Briatore has been appointed by Renault Group CEO Luca de Meo as his Executive Advisor for the Formula One Division.”

“Briatore will predominantly focus on top level areas of the team including: scouting top talents and providing insights on the driver market, challenging the existing project by assessing the current structure and advising on some strategic matters within the sport.”

After 14 years on the sidelines I wonder what value he could bring.

MLB needs to bring back Pete Rose.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 02:12 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
After 14 years on the sidelines I wonder what value he could bring.

MLB needs to bring back Pete Rose.
Exactly ! So much has changed in F1 in 13 years from team personnel; drivers; Liberty as the controlling interest, etc. that you have to strongly be;Keven this is an act of desperation on Renault’s part.

Btw: recent pictures of Briatore makes it seem as if he’s using the same Beauty consultant as Steve Bannon! 😎
Old 06-21-2024, 05:53 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 106 Posts

Flava Flav is back…

I thought that idiot was banned for life? How did he weasel his way into F1 again?
Old 06-21-2024, 06:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,306 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I thought that idiot was banned for life? How did he weasel his way into F1 again?
Overturned in 2010. Been a fixture in the paddock for the last several years. Manager for Jack Doohan, Alpine's reserve driver.

Like him or not, he's a survivor.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-21-2024, 06:45 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Like him or not, he's a survivor.
I don't like him...but I do appreciate his taste in women!
The following 3 users liked this post by winders:
Carlo_Carrera (06-21-2024), LuigiVampa (06-21-2024), ProCoach (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 06:50 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,561 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
...Like him or not, he's a survivor.
He is also a very successful/shrewd businessman and a close friend of Bernie. I think Bernie gave him the F1 broadcast rights for South America which Flavio managed into a huge payday for both of them.
ProCoach (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 07:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,306 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
He is also a very successful/shrewd businessman and a close friend of Bernie.
For sure.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...re-938708.html
Carlo_Carrera (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 07:04 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

In addition to Doogan, I believe he still manages Fernando. Weird dynamic in F1 where Alonso’s manager can have his #1 client leave Alpine for AM by surprise and then get hired on their executive staff. The his of course, after a French team backed by Renault contemplates going with another engine supplier. As Carlo said, only the French…
ProCoach (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 07:12 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Why is there always so much drama surrounding this guy.:: it just never ends.. Ferrari don’t see it yet, but will regret bringing him onboard.

An email circulated around the paddock suggested that Lewis Hamilton was being sabotaged by the Mercedes team. Toto Wolff has responded to these allegations, confirming that the police have been contacted regarding the email. Speaking on Sky Sports, David Croft also noted that the team would not want to jeopardize its performance, as they need the points.

"I think I think for me, show me the data. And I'm not saying one side or other is right on this argument, but show me the data. If the team are disadvantaging one driver, the data will be there to prove that. So if somebody who proposes to be a member of the Mercedes team thinks that the data is there, show it,"

"At the moment, I don't understand why Mercedes would want to disadvantage a driver, even if that driver is going at the end of the season to Ferrari."

"Whilst Lewis is still a Mercedes driver, he is earning points in the Constructors' Championship that gets turned into prize money at the end of the season. And every point counts and every position counts towards money for next year,"

"So even though Lewis isn't going to be in Mercedes next year, the money that he could help them earn will be going to the team. So there's nothing in it for Mercedes to be disadvantaging a driver. That's where this story doesn't add up to me,"

Hamilton has also confirmed there are no issues between himself and his teammate George Russell: "There's nothing going on between George and myself. We're in a very good relationship. I've got a great relationship with the team as well."

VIA: [gpblog]
The following 2 users liked this post by multi21:
9.5 Degrees (06-22-2024), Carlo_Carrera (06-21-2024)
Old 06-21-2024, 09:24 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 586 Posts

Great story told during free practice 2. Even with a weekend off, Komatsu from Haas took his kids in a camper van to the 24 hour of Le Mans!

There is a true fan! I think that was a smart move for Haas to elevate him to team principal.

have also read that Gene Haas is going to still have a NASCAR cup team. Just him without Tony.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:43 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Why is there always so much drama surrounding this guy.:: it just never ends.. Ferrari don’t see it yet, but will regret bringing him onboard.

An email circulated around the paddock suggested that Lewis Hamilton was being sabotaged by the Mercedes team. Toto Wolff has responded to these allegations, confirming that the police have been contacted regarding the email. Speaking on Sky Sports, David Croft also noted that the team would not want to jeopardize its performance, as they need the points.

"I think I think for me, show me the data. And I'm not saying one side or other is right on this argument, but show me the data. If the team are disadvantaging one driver, the data will be there to prove that. So if somebody who proposes to be a member of the Mercedes team thinks that the data is there, show it,"

"At the moment, I don't understand why Mercedes would want to disadvantage a driver, even if that driver is going at the end of the season to Ferrari."

"Whilst Lewis is still a Mercedes driver, he is earning points in the Constructors' Championship that gets turned into prize money at the end of the season. And every point counts and every position counts towards money for next year,"

"So even though Lewis isn't going to be in Mercedes next year, the money that he could help them earn will be going to the team. So there's nothing in it for Mercedes to be disadvantaging a driver. That's where this story doesn't add up to me,"

Hamilton has also confirmed there are no issues between himself and his teammate George Russell: "There's nothing going on between George and myself. We're in a very good relationship. I've got a great relationship with the team as well."

VIA: [gpblog]
From reports, a journalist leaked the email from an alleged Mercedes team member. The police are being brought into this because Mercedes says it was not an internal email bur rather from a source outside the team. In all likelihood it was from a fan of Lewis Hamilton who is disgruntled and has succeeded in making this an international story to save face of an aging racer.

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season