Sponsored by:

2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18-20

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 04:05 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18-20

Racers - we are having a local committee meeting this week so I am thinking about YOU! We plan to put on the BEST RACE POSSIBLE! And always, feel free to PM me any specific questions you have or post them here.

The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (09-11-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 07:32 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this race. You guys always do an awesome job and I love the track.

Please post the Thursday practice information when it is available. I did that last year and it was really helpful for a track which I (unfortunately) only visit once a year.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, are you still doing the BBQ dinner?
FredC (06-10-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 07:54 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this race. You guys always do an awesome job and I love the track. Please post the Thursday practice information when it is available. I did that last year and it was really helpful for a track which I (unfortunately) only visit once a year. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, are you still doing the BBQ dinner?
The theme of planning this year's race is "be nimble - if we can - we will, if we can't - we won't and we won't know if we can until possibly the last minute". All of our vendors thus far have been VERY understanding with our need for flexibility. And yes, there will be a Thursday "Open Practice" organized by Summit Point Motorsports directly.
LuigiVampa (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 08:21 AM
rhargy
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really glad to hear.........my favorite race of the year.

And I would hope we all understand the need for flexibility and that it may not be what it always was.

I'm in.......you guys put on a great event
Old 06-10-2020, 09:08 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 288 Posts

Always fun, we’ll be there!
As a point of reference, we were vendor at a recent SCCA event and they still had an evening social. Hopefully by September this whole Covid thing will be a distant memory...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 06-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Best Race food of the year, great event put on by great people! May fly over just to watch, eat, and visit friends if things are mellow by then..
FredC (06-10-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 07:01 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 101 Posts

Great race and excited to come back for third or fourth year in a row!
Old 07-27-2020, 10:04 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Registration opens one week from today! We are working hard to provide you the BEST race possible within all of our limitations. We are likely going to do a Facebook Live Q&A within the PCA Potomac Club Race private group sometime next week so feel free to PM me any questions you might want to see covered! If you haven't yet joined: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcapotomacclubrace/
Old 07-30-2020, 03:09 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Summit Point made the Thursday Open Practice registration live: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...circuit-261072
Old 07-30-2020, 05:16 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 170 Posts

I signed up to volunteer- looking forward to it!
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

Just got back frome DE weekend at SP to learn the track... Very much looking forward to the race..

I do have a question though... How does parking work? Would like to bring an RV, but leason learned from this weekend, one space is a little small for an RV and car stuff.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:16 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jscott82
Just got back frome DE weekend at SP to learn the track... Very much looking forward to the race..
I do have a question though... How does parking work? Would like to bring an RV, but lesson learned from this weekend, one space is a little small for an RV and car stuff.
Parking is tricky at Summit as we do have limited pavement but lots of grass paddock spots. We assign out spaces to our sponsors first in advance of the event. A map of this will be published. Our shop sponsors do us a GREAT service because they are able to get more than a 1:1 ratio of racers to spots. (for instance the Bodymotion camp last year supported 8 racers in 12 spots) Every racer is entitled to a single paddock spot - most are 55x20. There are paddock spots that are better suited for very large rigs. If you want to discuss being a sponsor so you can have a spot reserved for you, send me a PM.

After that, it is first come first served, with those arriving on Wednesday evening for the track sponsored Thursday Open Practice getting first pick of the available spots. Even though it is a track sponsored event, our paddock marshal team will be there to help direct you to the best available spot.

If you have any more questions, we are doing a Facebook Live Q&A this evening at 5:30 in the private group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcapotomacclubrace/
Old 08-03-2020, 10:34 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 167 Posts

What happened to the planned paddock expansion?
Old 08-03-2020, 10:40 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
What happened to the planned paddock expansion?
Well, it is still planned as far as I know but they have to budget for it and they have not made that happen yet.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:49 AM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by thelittlemrs
Parking is tricky at Summit as we do have limited pavement but lots of grass paddock spots. We assign out spaces to our sponsors first in advance of the event. A map of this will be published. Our shop sponsors do us a GREAT service because they are able to get more than a 1:1 ratio of racers to spots. (for instance the Bodymotion camp last year supported 8 racers in 12 spots) Every racer is entitled to a single paddock spot - most are 55x20. There are paddock spots that are better suited for very large rigs. If you want to discuss being a sponsor so you can have a spot reserved for you, send me a PM.

After that, it is first come first served, with those arriving on Wednesday evening for the track sponsored Thursday Open Practice getting first pick of the available spots. Even though it is a track sponsored event, our paddock marshal team will be there to help direct you to the best available spot.

If you have any more questions, we are doing a Facebook Live Q&A this evening at 5:30 in the private group https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcapotomacclubrace/
I'm not opposed to parking in the grass if its not out in the boonies... Is there a paddock map somewhere, ive looked but did not find one.

Quick Reply: 2020 ROCK the SUMMIT PCA Club Race Sept 18-20