Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Event Cancellation Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 05:38 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,365 Likes on 2,484 Posts

Summit Point is trying to do an event (solo drivers only) next week. If they do it, I plan to be there.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:51 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 289 Posts

Looks like Ohio's moving along with opening--from today:

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced last week that retail businesses can open on May 12. Barbershops, hair salons, day spas and nail salons will be able to reopen May 15. Restaurants and bars can reopen for outdoor dining on May 15, and fully open a week later.

NASA Mid-O May 22-24 is still on......
Old 05-11-2020, 06:20 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by gbuff
Looks like Ohio's moving along with opening--from today:

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced last week that retail businesses can open on May 12. Barbershops, hair salons, day spas and nail salons will be able to reopen May 15. Restaurants and bars can reopen for outdoor dining on May 15, and fully open a week later.

NASA Mid-O May 22-24 is still on......
This also bodes well for OVR Mid Ohio, June 5-7, although the email I got from them yesterday didn't sound as promising as I would have hoped, but still a go as of now.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 519 Posts

PCA Club Race and DE at VIR just got cancelled.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:34 PM
T&T Racing
Drifting

Received 345 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
PCA Club Race and DE at VIR just got cancelled.
Frank, all states with cancellations have a governor with a "D"
The following 2 users liked this post by T&T Racing:
Janton9736 (05-12-2020), krell (05-12-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 08:31 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 697 Likes on 347 Posts

Maybe we should start a thread in what events ARE running? Would be shorter...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 05-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 178 Likes on 110 Posts

The SCCA Tracknight in America scheduled for May 20 at PittRace has been cancelled.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:08 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NaroEscape
Maybe we should start a thread in what events ARE running? Would be shorter...
Agree Naro, but at the rate things are getting cancelled, we could never keep a thread like that current.

It would basically turn into this thread all over again. Like Yogi once said.....
Old 05-12-2020, 10:11 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 697 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Agree Naro, but at the rate things are getting cancelled, we could never keep a thread like that current.

It would basically turn into this thread all over again. Like Yogi once said.....
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted it.
FYI, AT THE MOMENT (sadly a phrase that's been used way too much lately), the SCCA Time Trials at CMP over Memorial Day weekend and Coastal Empire PCA DE at Roebling the following weekend are still on. We'll be vendor at both, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:38 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Fingers still crossed that Mid Ohio, June 5-7, actually happens......it is great to begin to think about prep/planning........
Old 05-12-2020, 10:52 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SWK6Cup
Fingers still crossed that Mid Ohio, June 5-7, actually happens......it is great to begin to think about prep/planning........
Me and a couple other of my NNJR buds are also signed up for that OVR DE at Mid-O.

Got my air mattress, sleeping bag, and pillows ready as I will be sleeping in the bed of my tow vehicle. Don't think I have enough faith at this point to stay in a hotel, even if there's one open.

A couple coolers, one for food and one for beverages, a couple cigars, and hopefully the event goes off as planned.

It's a little more than 3 weeks away, so while I am holding out hope, the numbers concerning this virus are not doing what I'd hoped they'd be doing.

I am planning though, just as you are. At this point, even the planning stage is fun, or at least it's something.

Hope to see you there, from a distance of course...

psst..almost hoping the event gets cancelled to save me the trouble...

Last edited by dgrobs; 05-12-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:20 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Another one bites the dust, at least for May (from NNJR SCCA):Due to the CDC restrictions, and uncertainty of available facilities all May events have been cancelled or postponed. New dates will be announced as conditions improve and details can be finalized.

Region Executive Update

By Brandon Fetch

Unless your name was Cassandra or Nostradamus, very few people could have predicted, let alone considered, the situation we find ourselves in currently. The fact 2020 has already presented us with so many events to keep anyone and everyone inside and away from the racetrack means we are all champing to get out the cars we have spent the past five months preparing as soon as possible.

I know I have managed to travel nearly a marathon length distance just in the past week solely through our neighboring communities! I will admit to this being supportive of my craft beer consumption habit which means there will soon be a trip to our favored retailer for those products.

If you have been keeping up with the news coming from the various motorsports organizations, which I hope you’re doing so, with the SCCA announcements at minimum, you will have learned these groups are using recommendations from health industry experts to develop the necessary guidelines to be able to put on events.

The SCCA is no exception and you can find their guidelines here.

We have been reviewing their guidelines and are formulating the approach we hope to use to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus at our events for the coming year. The state has made motions to begin a return to a semblance of normalcy for publicly accessible spaces but we, as a motorsports organization, are prohibited from holding events.

As far as those events are concerned, we are still analyzing and debating at the Board level when to put them on the schedule or and how we plan to operate them. We will inform our members as soon as possible once those decisions are made.

Unfortunately, there isn’t much more to report at this time so I’ll ask everyone to stay safe, wear your PPE when out amongst other members of the public, and do whatever you need to do to remain sane.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:51 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 136 Posts

It's just under 1 month to Niagara's advanced DE @ WGI. You think we'll be hearing about that one soon? Anyone here in the Niagara region with some inside info about their thinking? If the event is on, I've got to start talking it up/rationalizing with the family. Also need new tires...

I tried emailing Mike at The Falls Motel a few times, too, but haven't heard back.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,365 Likes on 2,484 Posts

Just saw this from SCCA regarding WV:

"West Virginia has announced that starting May 21st they will allow indoor dining at restaurants at 50% capacity, and permit outdoor motorsports and powersport racing with no spectators."
Old 05-12-2020, 12:16 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,106 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Just saw this from SCCA regarding WV:

"West Virginia has announced that starting May 21st they will allow indoor dining at restaurants at 50% capacity, and permit outdoor motorsports and powersport racing with no spectators."
I wonder what the world will look like in September when we have the PCA race at Summit. Will the covid-19 flare up again?

I'm really looking forward to that race! Or any race for that matter.

Quick Reply: Track Event Cancellation Information