Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Event Cancellation Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2020 | 01:55 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jsabatini
Sorry I missed it, was looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Hopefully they will do it again next year.
Yeah, next time.
Thought I remembered meeting you there, but I met so many new friends those 4 days that I can't keep anyone straight, except an instructor named Chris M from Suncoast who was nice enough to dedicate his time Friday morning to right seat me and get me on the line (Sebring newbie-me).
Hope you get to run this event. Wish I could go.
Have fun...
Old 05-06-2020 | 07:46 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Just Read the dreaded E-mail .. The Niagara Memorial day HDPE at Watkins is officially Kaput.... He citied a 3 to 1 in favor of having it but NYS has other plans.. Going to shoot for June 10th, might be the first opportunity to get on track because the Club race is only 4 days after this DE.. …. OK.. Im going to look at MapQuest now and see how long of a tow Road America is... Then look at the clubracing schedule to see where / when I can at least do one race... I feel like Andy Duphrane in the Shawshank Redemtion... All that is left is HOPE...
Old 05-06-2020 | 07:58 AM
Mordeth
Intermediate

NJMP issued a "Re-opening manual". Quite extensive/thorough and I hope assists in convincing the powers that be to allow the track to re-open.
https://njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/...ing-Manual.pdf

There is also a petition going on to encourage the esteemed Governor and Mayor to allow the track to open. Trying to get to 5000 signatures!
https://www.change.org/p/phil-murphy...ent_en-us%3Av1

And here are NASA's plans:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2...baI4eMuOoDclyw
Old 05-06-2020 | 09:49 AM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Just Read the dreaded E-mail .. The Niagara Memorial day HDPE at Watkins is officially Kaput.... He citied a 3 to 1 in favor of having it but NYS has other plans.. Going to shoot for June 10th, might be the first opportunity to get on track because the Club race is only 4 days after this DE.. …. OK.. Im going to look at MapQuest now and see how long of a tow Road America is... Then look at the clubracing schedule to see where / when I can at least do one race... I feel like Andy Duphrane in the Shawshank Redemtion... All that is left is HOPE...
NASA Mid-Ohio May 22-24 is still on at this moment--a lot closer than RA.
Old 05-06-2020 | 11:03 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Mordeth
NJMP issued a "Re-opening manual". Quite extensive/thorough and I hope assists in convincing the powers that be to allow the track to re-open.
https://njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/...ing-Manual.pdf

There is also a petition going on to encourage the esteemed Governor and Mayor to allow the track to open. Trying to get to 5000 signatures!
https://www.change.org/p/phil-murphy...ent_en-us%3Av1

And here are NASA's plans:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2...baI4eMuOoDclyw
The NJMP plan is a step in the right direction. Some other things that can be done:

- Drivers meetings conducted by a call-in number, or pre-recorded and accessed on the web.
- Students instructed using lead/follow with a pace car.
- Start events later in the morning so that people who live within driving distance don't have to use hotels, or at least allow for late arrivals.
- Emergency crews provided with full PPE.
- Limit the number of people simultaneously allowed in bathrooms, have hands-free toilets, sinks, and hand-dryers in bathrooms, and keep bathroom doors open so that they don't have to be touched.

With proper mitigation measures in place, I think we can and should get back to doing track events. There's zero risk of virus transmission associated with a driver alone in a car, so we just need to sort out how to prevent virus transmission outside the car.
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
dgrobs (05-06-2020), Frank 993 C4S (05-06-2020), Paul Solk (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020 | 11:31 AM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

I'm a Limey drinking Hendrinks Gin made in Scotland, lightly shaken over ice ( If you shake like it's like your last hurrah it gets bruised) Serve in a martini glass with a slice of Cucumber, brings out the floral taste, 3 of these and think you can dance you are probably tongue-tied and might as well say good night.
Old 05-06-2020 | 11:58 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Just saw an update from two hours ago from Trackmasters. That May 18,19 event event was just cancelled.
Old 05-06-2020 | 11:58 AM
Mordeth
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Manifold
The NJMP plan is a step in the right direction. Some other things that can be done:

- Drivers meetings conducted by a call-in number, or pre-recorded and accessed on the web.
- Students instructed using lead/follow with a pace car.
- Start events later in the morning so that people who live within driving distance don't have to use hotels, or at least allow for late arrivals.
- Emergency crews provided with full PPE.
- Limit the number of people simultaneously allowed in bathrooms, have hands-free toilets, sinks, and hand-dryers in bathrooms, and keep bathroom doors open so that they don't have to be touched.

With proper mitigation measures in place, I think we can and should get back to doing track events. There's zero risk of virus transmission associated with a driver alone in a car, so we just need to sort out how to prevent virus transmission outside the car.
Agreed. And some of the event coordinators/sponsors are planning to do many of these additional things. (See NASA link above).
The following users liked this post:
Paul Solk (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020 | 12:12 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
Just saw an update from two hours ago from Trackmasters. That May 18,19 event event was just cancelled.
NOTICE Our May 18/19 Event has been canceled due to the Coronavirus situation. All remaining events are planned on running as scheduled.
Old 05-06-2020 | 12:20 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

As for drivers meetings maybe Chin, longest drivers meetings on record, will get smarter and break it into run groups which would reduce the size of the crowd and help promote social distancing. Shorter smaller meetings = less time in groups reducing the risk of transmission.

Peter
Old 05-06-2020 | 12:38 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by 85Gold
As for drivers meetings maybe Chin, longest drivers meetings on record, will get smarter and break it into run groups which would reduce the size of the crowd and help promote social distancing. Shorter smaller meetings = less time in groups reducing the risk of transmission.

Peter
A lot of generic content from driver meetings, like review of flags, could be put in a video which event participants are asked to review before the event. To ensure that people know the flags, you could require people to take and pass an online flag quiz. Meetings can also be broadcast through a PA system, rather than having people congregate in one area.
Old 05-06-2020 | 07:20 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GPA951s
bummer...was going to be my son's first HPDE event too.
Old 05-06-2020 | 09:53 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon

Hopefully your son can make the sept event ... !
Old 05-06-2020 | 10:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Uggh
Old 05-06-2020 | 10:42 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Is Metro Glen cancelled also? 2 days after cancelled Niagara DE. 5/27 & 5/28 for MNY.

Went on to club reg to check status and saw this: "Event Status-Cancelled"

First I'm hearing this, or did I miss an email or a MNY post somewhere?

Was gonna do 4 days in a row that week between the 2 regions.

ClubReg says cancelled, but I didn't get anything from Metro.

mhm93? Bill?

Quick Reply: Track Event Cancellation Information