Sponsored by:

Track Event Cancellation Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 03:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by 993944S2
I simply can't live another month without the salad bar and a strip steak from the Seneca. For F's sake, what is going on?
I'm a Seneca London Broil man myself, baked potato, and yes, the worlds best salad bar with the worlds smallest salad bar bowls.....
Old 05-08-2020, 03:54 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Uggh. Saw it coming though....

5/8: IMPORTANT UPDATE: EVENT CANCELLED - Watkins Glen has just contacted us and let us know that the track will NOT be allowed to open in time for the event.

Chin, your new hated DE group, is almost full for July 1/2 at WG. I'm hoping it makes it and the scary part is Mark put me in Red Group.

Peter
Old 05-08-2020, 04:03 PM
DH3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

E mail from Club Reg. 5/8/20 2:45
Clash 2020 is history
Old 05-08-2020, 04:13 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Chin, your new hated DE group, is almost full for July 1/2 at WG. I'm hoping it makes it and the scary part is Mark put me in Red Group.

Peter
What makes you think I hate Chin? I've run with them often.

Just because I disagreed with their refund policy doesn't mean I hate them.
Just means I disagreed with their refund policy, at least the way I understood it.
My opinion on that hasn't changed.
If I misunderstood their refund policy, then my bad, but Hate? No.

Hate is a pretty strong word. Careful when using it concerning me. The only thing I can really say I hate right now is this virus. And the Chinese lab that let the virus loose. And no track days. And no hanging with my buds at The Seneca Bar. And being hunkered down at home. And green jello. I think that's about it for now on the "hate" front.

Chin is a good group to run with. Always had fun with them. Have a bunch of friends I do Chin events with, and none of them were all too happy when they heard about the refund policy. Is what it is.

That being said, I will not register for this event until the last minute (see said reason above), and if I get shut out because of that, then it's my loss.

Hope their WGI DE goes off as planned and hope you have fun and stay safe. Maybe even see you there. Who knows.

Be safe....

Old 05-08-2020, 04:52 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Drivers,

I am very sorry to report that our May 27-28 DE at Watkins Glen is being cancelled. As always, the health and safety of our participants are of utmost importance and despite the measures put in place to mitigate the risk, we will be unable to hold this event. Those who have already paid for the event will be receiving a full refund.

It is our hope that it will soon be safe enough to run events with modifications to ensure the safety of all those who participate while adhering to national and local guidelines. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Please stay well and we hope to see you all soon.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:52 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Just means I disagreed with their refund policy, at least the way I understood it.

Hate is a pretty strong word. Careful when using it concerning me. The only thing I can really say I hate right now is this virus. And the Chinese lab that let the virus loose. And no track days. And no hanging with my buds at The Seneca Bar. And being hunkered down at home. And green jello. I think that's about it for now on the "hate" front.

Chin is a good group to run with. Always had fun with them. Have a bunch of friends I do Chin events with, and none of them were all too happy when they heard about the refund policy. Is what it is.

That being said, I will not register for this event until the last minute (see said reason above), and if I get shut out because of that, then it's my loss.

Hope their WGI DE goes off as planned and hope you have fun and stay safe. Maybe even see you there. Who knows.

Be safe....
Hate wasn’t specific to you so my bad. I guess I will have to join VR in the Sarcasm doghouse.

Peter
Old 05-08-2020, 04:57 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Hate wasn’t specific to you so my bad. I guess I will have to join VR in the Sarcasm doghouse.

Peter
No worries. All good.

You and VR in Chateau Bow-Wow? Now that's funny....

Old 05-08-2020, 04:57 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

IMHO, hate is one of those words thrown around too easily along with several more. I honestly feel for the Chin and other groups that make their living off the track - we are simply missing events - they are missing paychecks. They are also going to be the ones that enable us to get back to our hobby/addiction.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:59 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXE36
IMHO, hate is one of those words thrown around too easily along with several more. I honestly feel for the Chin and other groups that make their living off the track - we are simply missing events - they are missing paychecks. They are also going to be the ones that enable us to get back to our hobby/addiction.
Agree and agree. Sucks for all....

Edit: My dad always told me to never use the word hate towards someone. He told me that if you hate someone, you wanna see them dead. Just his way of making sure I never told anyone I hated them I guess.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled cancellation of track events discussion...
Old 05-08-2020, 05:32 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by mhm993
Metro wgi before the Clash cancelled today.
Welp, onto June.......
June 3 at Mosport looking shaky......
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-p...open-1.4931156
Old 05-08-2020, 05:35 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,393 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Agree and agree. Sucks for all....

Edit: My dad always told me to never use the word hate towards someone. He told me that if you hate someone, you wanna see them dead. Just his way of making sure I never told anyone I hated them I guess.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled cancellation of track events discussion...
Don't you hate it when someone uses the word hate?

Plus the word is literaly so overused like literaly.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:36 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Don't you hate it when someone uses the word hate?
Yeah, hate it when that happens..
Old 05-09-2020, 04:45 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Peter
Watch out for the black Mini in Red Group on 7/2.
That is, watch out you don't run it over

Gary
Old 05-09-2020, 05:02 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbuff
Watch out for the black Mini in Red Group on 7/2.
That is, watch out you don't run it over

Gary
Nice I will follow you for a lap or 2. I only have 2 days at The Glen so I still have learning to do. Black Cayman S with NASA decals #61.

Peter
Old 05-09-2020, 05:05 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Nice I will follow you for a lap or 2. I only have 2 days at The Glen so I still have learning to do. Black Cayman S with NASA decals #61.

Peter
Hope it happens. May change to both days depending on how many of my days beforehand are cancelled.

Quick Reply: Track Event Cancellation Information