2019 PCA Potomac ROCK the SUMMIT Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 05:23 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by smf32s
Red sprint and Yellow enduro were fantastic. Super heads up driving by everyone. Only problem was me when my shifter balked during the enduro. Sorry Chip.

Otherwise everyone drove fantastic. Great event.

Stu
Blue and Orange groups were really good for the most part too. I did feel bad for the 911 that ended up in the middle of three wide in the chute yesterday but it ended with no harm no foul.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:20 AM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Finally beat Coryf !!!

(Please ignore the yellow text stating these results are not official)
Old 09-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Finally beat Coryf !!!

(Please ignore the yellow text stating these results are not official)
Those who know you realized it was phony without seeing the yellow. You would build/drive only a GTA3 .
Old 09-24-2019, 12:54 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

I feel like my non-existent GTD2 car would be faster than that. Clearly this data is bad.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:08 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Terrific event and my third year in a row. Look forward to next year. Many thanks to the organizers and all the volunteers who ran a perfect weekend.

My personal weekend? Craptacular. With six G cars I was looking forward to a really fun weekend. Managed to win the first Sprint race only to be disqualified for being under the minimum weight by seven pounds. Started the second Sprint in last place (36th) and made it to 3rd in class and 11th overall. Enduro I gridded 5th and made it to 3rd after squeaking past two SP3 cars, only to have the vacuum pump on the car die at T7 on lap three. Car dead. Weekend over.

Congrats to Jim Evans who after four years out of racing came back and was fast all weekend and drove the cajones off his RSA.
Thanks. Great to be back and said a few times out loud "God I love being at that track". Sorry it was a tough weekend for you but great to run w/ you even though I didn't see you much and speaking. Hopefully we'll race more next year.

Car was a handful - couldn't dial out the oversteer no matter what - sways, shocks, nitrogen, tires - nothing worked and w/ a brand new Guard diff installed. The best it handled was thankfully Fri morning when it was the coolest and I was fortunate enough to be P1 after a black flag in practice 1. Beat my old TR from 2014 by .1. But...the track is faster than .1 since then. Data shows I'm slower in 7 & 10 by a few mph - and that mph in 10 lasts all the way to the braking zone of T1. Can't get the power down as early as I'd like/should and was an issue in every corner except for T4 where I'm at lower rpms. I think another .5-.75 is there once I get the rear settled. Thinking it might be an alignment issue. Shocks were just rebuilt in 2016 and I don't have many track days on them (or on the alignment).

Anyway, here is my lonely DE 3 lap vid from a club race practice, lap 6 (3rd in vid) is the 21.08x. Had some fun in T5 this weekend, caster is good. Data is behind about .2 it looks like.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:10 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
Thank you Potomac and all the volunteers. Truly amazing event. You all are fantastic hosts. The effort really shows and us northerners had blast!
x151. This was the best CR I have been to. Very professional and well run.

Originally Posted by brownan
I feel like my non-existent GTD2 car would be faster than that. Clearly this data is bad.
Looks like we both a got new 718 CS.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:45 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Where to begin! The local PCA Potomac volunteers truly outdid themselves. There was a Kona Ice truck there for crying out loud! Just a spectacular event. With a record number of racers signed up this event could have been frustrating for many. But it wasn’t because there are so many dedicated and talented people working to make sure everything went smoothly. From the giveaways to the paddock arraignment to the food choices to making the sponsors feel special and especially the grid. Just awesome.

Now let’s talk about me: Scott Belles got me fair and square in sprint 1 so I erased that video. He is free to gloat and post his videographical documentation of his triumph if he likes but I will not watch it.

All kidding aside, he made a great move and once he was past me he made zero mistakes that would give me the opportunity to pass him back. Great driving by Scott all weekend.

I was determined not to let it happen in Sprint 2. After an astonishing start (Bob said it was idiotic or genius he wasn’t sure) I never looked back. P1

And I won the enduro too. Not a bad result.

Always fun to see the regulars. A shout out to Mark Francis for his return to club racing. Great job. You didn’t crash John’s car. Also thanks to Steve Wilson for his support (fewer insults than usual thank you) and we cannot forget the boy, Robbie Wilson’s clinching of several titles this weekend was fun to watch. Scott was there of course but he was not helpful.

Below you will find links to videos of my victories.

BTW, maybe this needs a different thread but I actually do not have video of sprint 1 because my %^$#@*&^%$@#^&&%^$& Go Pros got all %^%@@%&*^$# up! I am trying to run two cameras off one remote. The question is are the newer GoPro’s any better or is there any other option besides a million dollar smarty cam?

Sprint 2

Enduro

Old 09-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
BTW, maybe this needs a different thread but I actually do not have video of sprint 1 because my %^$#@*&^%$@#^&&%^$& Go Pros got all %^%@@%&*^$# up! I am trying to run two cameras off one remote. The question is are the newer GoPro’s any better or is there any other option besides a million dollar smarty cam?
VBox is 2 cam.
Aim can be 2 cam
Neither have remotes though, they just do it for you.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:50 AM
smf32s
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Hunt, at least be original on here and don't just copy and paste your FB post.

;-p

Stu
Old 09-25-2019, 08:53 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by smf32s
Hunt, at least be original on here and don't just copy and paste your FB post.

;-p

Stu
Go walk your dog Stu!
Old 09-25-2019, 03:29 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 147 Posts

I couldn't have picked a better event to dust off my suit after 5 years and jump back in a race car. Pat, Donna and all the volunteers put on a fantastic event! The cherry on top was finishing second in VU for the weekend and picking up my first Workers' Choice Award. Thank you again to John Ashford for letting me race his car, for the company support from Bill Love, and the Peter, Trevor, and Kevin Dawe of Dawes' Motorsports for adjusting the fuel mixture on the MFI to get me back out on the track. Without there help, I wouldn't have made the podium.

It was nice getting to race again for sure.
The following users liked this post:
M_Weining (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 04:50 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
I couldn't have picked a better event to dust off my suit after 5 years and jump back in a race car. Pat, Donna and all the volunteers put on a fantastic event! The cherry on top was finishing second in VU for the weekend and picking up my first Workers' Choice Award. Thank you again to John Ashford for letting me race his car, for the company support from Bill Love, and the Peter, Trevor, and Kevin Dawe of Dawes' Motorsports for adjusting the fuel mixture on the MFI to get me back out on the track. Without there help, I wouldn't have made the podium.

Nice!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
VBox is 2 cam.
Aim can be 2 cam
Neither have remotes though, they just do it for you.
VBOX does also have a remote... Pretty cool, it lets you "mark" spots or events and then flags them back for later viewing...
Old 09-26-2019, 07:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51

WTG Mark!!!
Old 10-05-2019, 01:03 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

ˇ David Spohn: http://davidjspohn.com/pca---2019.html

ˇ Ken Hills: https://kennerh1.smugmug.com/Rock-th...-2019/n-XwCkTB

ˇ Eric Trexler: https://www.erictrexler.com/Car-Raci...ing-2019-Eric/

ˇ Michael Trexler: https://www.erictrexler.com/Car-Raci...-2019-Michael/

^^^ event photos from our amazing photographers. If you want to contact any of them shoot me a PM. And please, ALWAYS give photo credit.

Quick Reply: 2019 PCA Potomac ROCK the SUMMIT Club Race