Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 PCA Potomac ROCK the SUMMIT Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019 | 04:57 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Just a repost of the important links. Also - the Hampton has opened up a few more rooms at the reduced rate. Grab them while you can!
  • Thursday, September 12th: Open Practice Hosted by Precision Track Time http://msreg.com/2019summit (one week prior to the race)
  • Thursday, September 19th: Open Practice Hosted by the track (not PCA) http://msreg.com/PCAPotomac
  • September 20th - 22nd: Rock the Summit Club Race Weekend!
Old 08-21-2019 | 05:00 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Winchester, VA is a nice place the stay. Most of the hotels are walking distance to an area where there are a bunch of restaurants, a good cigar store, and a bunch of shops if you want your SO. I've stayed at the George Washington Hotel twice and it was nice.
Old 08-21-2019 | 06:49 PM
anthony42hat
Instructor

Originally Posted by thelittlemrs
Just a repost of the important links. Also - the Hampton has opened up a few more rooms at the reduced rate. Grab them while you can!
  • Thursday, September 12th: Open Practice Hosted by Precision Track Time http://msreg.com/2019summit (one week prior to the race)
  • Thursday, September 19th: Open Practice Hosted by the track (not PCA) http://msreg.com/PCAPotomac
  • September 20th - 22nd: Rock the Summit Club Race Weekend!
Pat, do you need anymore volunteers for the race? Martin Harrison and I do your DE events together and he is sponsoring something (snowball truck or something) and I was going to come up if y'all needed help. Anthony Thomas
Old 08-21-2019 | 06:57 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anthony42hat
Pat, do you need any more volunteers for the race? Martin Harrison and I do your DE events together and he is sponsoring something (snowball truck or something) and I was going to come up if y'all needed help. Anthony Thomas
Yeah, Martin and Kim are helping out on the Social team. We had a record year with volunteer registrations! We are at the point that we are strategically filling the remaining spots where we have a great need, and those positions are Social (Fri/Sat), Welcome Tent (Fri/Sat/Sun) and Charity Lap Helpers (Sun). We would love to have your assistance with any of those if you are able.

Even if you don't end up with a job, you are of course welcome to come out and enjoy the races...

Register to Volunteer: https://clubregistration.net/events/signUp.cfm/event/9652
Old 08-22-2019 | 11:32 PM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

It is going to be quite a party! We have 113 registered right now. At this time (in the last few years), we hadn't even broken 100 yet!

Also - I am pleased to announce that we have finalized the silent auction items. Silent Auction on Saturday, September 21st. Catalog includes:
  • IMSA Pit Experience with TPC Racing
  • Cars, Coffee and Brunch with Mike Levitas
  • DSC with Private Consultation
  • Summit Point Driver's Club 2020 Membership with Ruby Summit Point Accommodations
  • Custom 1:18 Race Car Model by DVA Models
  • Porsche Lovers Variety Boxes
More details on those to come but feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!
Old 08-23-2019 | 04:44 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I don't see Fumes registered! Where is Fumes?! Let's go buddy!
Old 08-23-2019 | 08:11 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I don't see Fumes registered! Where is Fumes?! Let's go buddy!
I think there is a pride march that weekend....not that there's anything wrong with that....
Old 08-23-2019 | 09:50 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good hands
I think there is a pride march that weekend....not that there's anything wrong with that....
He does drive a PDK.
Old 08-27-2019 | 08:43 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Woohooo!!! Confirmations have started going out to those that are a) paid in full and b) have been blessed by Susan as having their stuff in order.

Please note - we are following the example of some of the other races: "All registrations NOT paid in full by September 6th, 2019 will be moved to the Waitlist and the hold on car number will be released. "
Old 08-27-2019 | 11:24 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Winchester, VA is a nice place the stay. Most of the hotels are walking distance to an area where there are a bunch of restaurants, a good cigar store, and a bunch of shops if you want your SO. I've stayed at the George Washington Hotel twice and it was nice.
And while the GW was booked early because of a hold for wedding parties, I was able to get in more recently when the rooms were released. Great hotel and great location.

There are also some reasonable priced VRBO's located in downtown Winchester near the walking mall.
Old 08-27-2019 | 11:53 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

More details on the first silent auction item. Yes, this is for 2 people. Yes, the Erin Levitas Foundation will have a credit card machine onsite.
Old 08-27-2019 | 12:26 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thelittlemrs
It is going to be quite a party! We have 113 registered right now. At this time (in the last few years), we hadn't even broken 100 yet!

Also - I am pleased to announce that we have finalized the silent auction items. Silent Auction on Saturday, September 21st. Catalog includes:
  • IMSA Pit Experience with TPC Racing
  • Cars, Coffee and Brunch with Mike Levitas
  • DSC with Private Consultation
  • Summit Point Driver's Club 2020 Membership with Ruby Summit Point Accommodations
  • Custom 1:18 Race Car Model by DVA Models
  • Porsche Lovers Variety Boxes
More details on those to come but feel free to shoot me any questions you might have!
Pat:

Phenomenal job of making this event special. This event is shaping up to be the best PCA club race event ever held at Summit.
You have come up with some great ideas to spice up the event.

And thank you for welcoming the 944 Cup drivers and the National Runoff with open arms. We are now up to 27 SP944 entries. The racing will be exciting in all 3 of the classes. Fitting we will also host the 944 Cup awards and prize ceremony at your event with a great list of offerings: https://44cup.com/sponsors .

Appreciate all your efforts
Old 09-05-2019 | 10:57 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

138 registered as of this morning. Both GTB and GTC3-7 have hit 10 cars each so Pirelli in addition to Hoosier will be sending a truck. Penn-Grade will be onsite. Craftsman will be onsite offering mechanical support to those not attached to a shop already. Plus BBQ food truck, snow cones and <mystery service to be announced> 14 days to go!
Old 09-05-2019 | 11:51 AM
thelittlemrs
Rennlist Member

Auction Item #2
Old 09-05-2019 | 12:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Who is providing Hoosier support? I need to get some tires ordered.
thanks

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Quick Reply: 2019 PCA Potomac ROCK the SUMMIT Club Race