Sponsored by:

Better late than never point-by

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Peter, if the car is where i predict him to be at the time of the pointby, the prototype would have seen something out the window. certainly his car was not shading to left side indicating a "pit " direction. (as you would see if he was) usually the hand stays out and up, when entering the pits too.

all im saying, is at that distance, doesn't matter if YOU can see clearly, it was far enough away to be mistaken for a left pointby being so small.
in the heat of the battle , ive seen things that look like point bys that were actually just odd shaped rear view side mirrors.

IF the prototype saw the over roof pointby and based on his speed didnt feel it was the right side to pass on and he made a decision to pass on the other side, that is wrong and a violation of the club rule for that day

I dont think its" twisted logic" i understand your question, but based on the speeds and how far the prototype away from the bridge at the time the point by was given, he judged that by the time he was going by, he would be outside left, so he could carry more speed down the final turn onto the main straight.
from the "bridge turn" to the main striaght, its all rights. and very fast, not the 60mph the DE driver was going. You know that if YOU approached that car with no point by, the outside would have been the best place to pass... off line, is usually safest.
Didn't Mark (from Chin, HPDE Guru) already conclude that this was a bad pass, he talked to the driver, and even had him sit out the next session? I would guess that the driver was forced to sit out the next session because he DIDN'T have a good reason for his actions - yet for some reason you want to defend him. Accept it, the prototype was exceeding his track privileges, was wrong, got caught, and had to go sit in the corner for a while.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:03 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Didn't Mark (from Chin, HPDE Guru) already conclude that this was a bad pass, he talked to the driver, and even had him sit out the next session? I would guess that the driver was forced to sit out the next session because he DIDN'T have a good reason for his actions - yet for some reason you want to defend him. Accept it, the prototype was exceeding his track privileges, was wrong, got caught, and had to go sit in the corner for a while.
I accept it.... regardless of his "reason" he broke the rule. I get it.....I only wanted to describe the situation, as to make us think about the possibilities of cause and outcome.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Hey Luigi, you need to keep working at diverting this thread farther off topic. Here, let me help:
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2017, 08:25 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hey Luigi, you need to keep working at diverting this thread farther off topic. Here, let me help:
I'm done........I gave my take on 3 DE instances to try and help.
carry on
Mk
Old 10-12-2017, 11:32 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I promise that the derail will stay racing orientated!
Attached Images          
Old 10-13-2017, 03:23 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I promise that the derail will stay racing orientated!
I wouldn't pass any of that, on the left or on the right.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:10 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like possibly they pointed you by late, because that is when they realized you were behind them? Not that big of a deal. They both did point you by (not at the best place by far) and this is a DE day, where you are not sharing the track with other racers... You didn't follow them for half a lap or more. They likely may not be used to the closing speeds or the need to be more aware than they were.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Better late than never point-by