Sponsored by:

991.1/2 cosworth display button logic

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:39 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 991.1/2 cosworth display button logic

not sure if maybe my button isnt working entirely right but whats the logic pattern for toggling through the cosworth display when you hit the button.
my main screen has the rpms, speed, etc. and that data insert area on the left, single display hit toggles that through various sets of 4 data pieces.
then if you hold display it takes you to a different main screen, my first alternative main is the laptiming.qualy mode. etc.
but if one wanted to jump form there right back to the main without having to toggle through the rest of the main alternative screens, is there a way??
wondering if there is one of those mario brother cheater tricks to go from the laptiming to the main screen etc since you have to HOLD the display button for a bit to get it to move, it takes a bit to work through the 3? 4? main alternative screens on my dash.

also, my car is a stock 2017 in terms of shocks, etc. handled super good, but would have liked more turn in on entry, wasnt pushing per see, but would like to have soften the front a bit. stock shocks arent adjustable i dont believe. tried a smidge less air as a spring of sorts. not sure that helped. any other ideas one could suggest to do trackside without breaking out the heavy setup pads, etc.? thoughts? rake?
Old 06-09-2018, 10:50 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Don't think taking air out of the shock would be the answer for your suspension questions - that most likely changed the 'sag' or ride height in the shock. But, depending on how that was done that could leave for some undesirable results from past experiences over a variety of different air shocks.

On top of that, letting air out of the shock does not mean it will be 'softer' - that is what the springs main job is.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:17 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Don't think taking air out of the shock would be the answer for your suspension questions - that most likely changed the 'sag' or ride height in the shock. But, depending on how that was done that could leave for some undesirable results from past experiences over a variety of different air shocks.

On top of that, letting air out of the shock does not mean it will be 'softer' - that is what the springs main job is.
was referring to air in the tire as a spring of sorts.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:22 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 194 Posts

You are right:
  • HOLDING the Display button switches dash modes. Most of the non-race modes are engineering-related and relevant only when you're stationary.
  • Just pressing the Display button switches pages within the current dash mode. There are 3 or 4 of these pages in the default race mode, for example.
Think some of the modes (e.g. warmup and setup) are locked out when the car exceeds a certain speed. The dash should automatically switch back to race mode.

If your dash is not locked (PMNA will do it for a fee as long as your car's not series-bound) you can customize all these pages. Take away the pages you don't use in race mode, so the Display button cycles you back and forth just between your main page and your "alternate"
Old 06-13-2018, 09:01 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
not sure if maybe my button isnt working entirely right but whats the logic pattern for toggling through the cosworth display when you hit the button.
my main screen has the rpms, speed, etc. and that data insert area on the left, single display hit toggles that through various sets of 4 data pieces.
then if you hold display it takes you to a different main screen, my first alternative main is the laptiming.qualy mode. etc.
but if one wanted to jump form there right back to the main without having to toggle through the rest of the main alternative screens, is there a way??
wondering if there is one of those mario brother cheater tricks to go from the laptiming to the main screen etc since you have to HOLD the display button for a bit to get it to move, it takes a bit to work through the 3? 4? main alternative screens on my dash.

also, my car is a stock 2017 in terms of shocks, etc. handled super good, but would have liked more turn in on entry, wasnt pushing per see, but would like to have soften the front a bit. stock shocks arent adjustable i dont believe. tried a smidge less air as a spring of sorts. not sure that helped. any other ideas one could suggest to do trackside without breaking out the heavy setup pads, etc.? thoughts? rake?
Might try a smidge more toe out....If you dont want to try that then maybe soften front sway bar. Even though not pushing, might bring rear around a little allowing for turn in. And of course you have the trail brake harder into turn to rotate.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default dash/ICD

attached is the ICD layout explanation from the guys in England. I'm sure you've seen this, but thought i'd post it in case you hadn't. I don't think i've been able to choose which of the "pit" pages I come back to off track without toggling through all 4 or 5 though.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 07-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
attached is the ICD layout explanation from the guys in England. I'm sure you've seen this, but thought i'd post it in case you hadn't. I don't think i've been able to choose which of the "pit" pages I come back to off track without toggling through all 4 or 5 though.
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:02 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any time! Wish I had more time to learn the Cosworth dash and it’s data. I finally got to sit down with a Cosworth guy and now know the basics, but as Viper Bob points out, there is a treasure trove of data in that and in the ECU to really wring all you can out of the car.

Quick Reply: 991.1/2 cosworth display button logic