Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its Finally Here! 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0!

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,441 Likes on 810 Posts
Default Its Finally Here! 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0!

So i decided to just make a new thread about my delivery of my Boxster GTS instead of flooding a bunch of other threads about it. But today i took delivery of my brand new 2024 BGTS 4.0!! I took off work a bit early so the wife and i could go down to the dealership. Even though they claimed that the process would only take 90 minutes...i also knew that was being optimistic. I've bought enough cars in the past few years to know, no dealership moves that fast. So we arrived and while i was hoping for a bit more of an event to happen (pull the sheet off the car in a separate room kinda thing), the car was just sitting in the middle of the show room. Thats ok, i got the whole event thing when i got the GT4. Either way i was excited to pick this car up finally after a 6 month wait. A few of my friends showed up while we waited for financing to finish up with a previous customer, but during that time i got a run down of some of the stuff that i didnt have in my GT4. Namely the Bermester sound system and a few things like the entry and drive and operating the roof.
I'll say this. The car is gorgeous. I LOVE the Aventurine Green color. Inside the car seemed to be closer to the Agate Grey color, but as soon as we took it outside all the green decided to come out and looked absolutely amazing with the Satin Aurum wheels. The Burmester sound system is REALLY good. While not the best i've heard, its definitely the best system i've ever had in a car that i've owned. The low end is nice and punchy while the high is nice and crisp and you can really crank it and theres no distortion or weird artifacts that come through. While driving you can hear it clearly. Which brings me to sound insulation. I'm incredibly impressed by how quite the car actually is on the inside with the top up. My GT4 was definitely louder in the cabin at highway speeds than the Boxster even though i expected the Boxster to be at least just as loud. But nope, had no problems hearing my wife talk while we were driving home. I'm so happy to finally receive this car.

I have to say though, it is VERY different from the GT4. I didnt think i'd notice too much of a difference especially since its been 8 months since i drove the GT4, but i could immediately tell the difference. The alignment is less aggressive, the suspension is also less stiff and the car just feels a tad more floaty in comparison. Not a bad thing by any means, but the difference was just so much more apparent than i expected it to be. but without further ado, here are some pictures i took at the dealership. I cannot wait to get this car PPF'd so i can drive it more.

The following 14 users liked this post by Xxyion:
aclicky (Yesterday), Angus725 (Yesterday), BlueBarchetta (Yesterday), fasteddie99 (Yesterday), Kram71 (Yesterday), laurenxesq (Yesterday), OKCabriolet (Yesterday), PCA1983 (Yesterday), rjag2034 (Yesterday), s182 (Yesterday), subwoofer (Yesterday), SunnySF (Yesterday), UncleDude (Yesterday), Veg8 (Yesterday) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 597 Likes on 381 Posts

That is a sweet car. Congratulations and enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM
darlinboy
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Love the color combo - enjoy!
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful, I'm jealous of the weather and roads you have out there. Enjoy!
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed the GT2RS next to your car, was it Vanadium Grey and did you get any pics of it by chance? I ordered my BGTS in Vanadium and it's so hard to tell what it's going to look like in person.

Last edited by OKCabriolet; Yesterday at 10:34 AM.
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Love the color combination; Cheers and Congrats!
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by OKCabriolet
I noticed the GT2RS next to your car, was it Vanadium Grey and did you get any pics of it by chance? I ordered my BGTS in Vanadium and it's so hard to tell what it's going to look like in person.
The GT2RS was in GT Silver. Insane car, sold to some guy out in Florida. Vanadium is darker and a bit of a blue tinge. I like to think of it like the blue version of Aventurine Green.
OKCabriolet (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

I remember someone mentioning that there was a way to program the key fob to open the convertible top. Does anyone know how to do so?
Angus725 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Beautiful! Congrats!
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 840 Likes on 480 Posts

Was it not worth it to do another PECLA experience?!!
You could of doubled down for 2 in 1 Year
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

OMG that looks amazing!!!
Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Was it not worth it to do another PECLA experience?!!
You could of doubled down for 2 in 1 Year
Haha i did consider it but decided i didnt want to do another drive up from LA. Plus PECLA would have delayed delivery by another month or so and that would have come into conflict with my upcoming wedding.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
Angus725 (Yesterday), BoxKing (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 99 Posts

Congrats, brother. Glad the wait is over. Enjoy it.
The following 2 users liked this post by JCtx:
Kram71 (Yesterday), Xxyion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

I have to say, the 2-way seats are really comfortable. And i really like how low they go. I think they are even lower than the LWBS. Very happy with my choice of seats.
Kram71 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I have to say, the 2-way seats are really comfortable. And i really like how low they go. I think they are even lower than the LWBS. Very happy with my choice of seats.
Your car looks really great. I have pulled up the pictures several times just to look again. You must be thrilled!

Quick Reply: Its Finally Here! 2024 Boxster GTS 4.0!