Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 02:16 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou

When in Sport/Sport Plus mode with the ICE activated, does Stop-Start kick in when stopped? Can it be turned off?

It’s very concerning to see the spreading check-light and GPS issues in these cars. Hopefully, Porsche will be proactive and send an update asap to fix this mess!
This is from http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...-Stop-function ::

Old 05-06-2018, 06:36 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Experience Thus Far

So I just got the car back from the detailer. Xpel Ultimate Plus covering the entire front end looks great! Two weeks for the Ceramic Pro coating to fully cure and then back to the detailer to finish up with Xpel on the mirrors, headlights, door edges, and trunk area. Very happy with the package.

Charged it for the first time the other night and thus far after a full charge the car is showing 25-26 miles available on electric. I'm thinking that may be somewhat impacted by the drive up from LA (~400 miles) during which I was draining and recharging the battery but traveling between 80-90 mph in electric mode so maybe it assumes that is my normal practice??

Haven't been able to get the garage door opener to work at all using the directions from the manual and also the You Tube video from Ocala Porsche. I have received a couple of emails from Porsche encouraging me to do a "Second Delivery" with a local dealership. Although it is further away than the other two dealerships in this area I'm planning to have all my service done by Fremont Porsche as I've read numerous posts on this forum that indicate they are the best in the Bay Area.

Porsche Connect also giving me some problems but I am able to use Amazon Music with my iPhone connected via usb cord. So I'm guessing the internal Sim card is working. However, when I call up the Connect app on my phone it shows a lack of internet connection so I'm not sure what is actually happening?? Anyway, maybe both of these issues can hopefully be solved with the "Second Delivery".

One other interesting thing. I just realized my car has the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season tires. I thought it came with the PZero but I'm actually pleased it has the All Season tires. The car I drove at the LA Driving Experience also had these same tires and I was totally impressed with how they handled. Tread wear on the PZero is 220 whereas the All Season have a 500 treadwear. They are very quiet so I'm happy.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:46 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
So I just got the car back from the detailer. Xpel Ultimate Plus covering the entire front end looks great! Two weeks for the Ceramic Pro coating to fully cure and then back to the detailer to finish up with Xpel on the mirrors, headlights, door edges, and trunk area. Very happy with the package.

Charged it for the first time the other night and thus far after a full charge the car is showing 25-26 miles available on electric. I'm thinking that may be somewhat impacted by the drive up from LA (~400 miles) during which I was draining and recharging the battery but traveling between 80-90 mph in electric mode so maybe it assumes that is my normal practice??

Haven't been able to get the garage door opener to work at all using the directions from the manual and also the You Tube video from Ocala Porsche. I have received a couple of emails from Porsche encouraging me to do a "Second Delivery" with a local dealership. Although it is further away than the other two dealerships in this area I'm planning to have all my service done by Fremont Porsche as I've read numerous posts on this forum that indicate they are the best in the Bay Area.

Porsche Connect also giving me some problems but I am able to use Amazon Music with my iPhone connected via usb cord. So I'm guessing the internal Sim card is working. However, when I call up the Connect app on my phone it shows a lack of internet connection so I'm not sure what is actually happening?? Anyway, maybe both of these issues can hopefully be solved with the "Second Delivery".

One other interesting thing. I just realized my car has the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season tires. I thought it came with the PZero but I'm actually pleased it has the All Season tires. The car I drove at the LA Driving Experience also had these same tires and I was totally impressed with how they handled. Tread wear on the PZero is 220 whereas the All Season have a 500 treadwear. They are very quiet so I'm happy.

Can you post pics of the work done by the detailer? I will also opt of the Xpel full front when I take delivery this fall.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:02 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
Can you post pics of the work done by the detailer? I will also opt of the Xpel full front when I take delivery this fall.
There really isn't anything to see. The Xpel Ultimate Plus is a brand new product (April) and it has improved self healing properties and is also somewhat shinier and no orange peel at all. Also guaranteed for 10 years!! My detailer did not use pre-cut patterns and he rolled all the edges so it is virtually invisible. Porsche did install a piece of film (detailer thinks it is a 3M product) on each side of the car just in front of the rear wheels. Thought about having it removed but detailer recommended leaving it for now. My detailer believes the 3M product may yellow over time so we will have to wait and see. I highly recommend the Xpel Ultimate Plus material.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:20 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi SaratogaLefty, I also just got my 4 Hybrid wrapped with Xpel Ultimate Plus and it looks great. I did a custom wrap on the full front part of the car including mirrors and A-pillars. When I requested that the headlights also be wrapped my installed toll me that Porsche would void the warranty on the headlights if I did. Something to do with a special coating that Porsche applies to the headlights that is removed during the pre-clean process. You might what to double check with your installer. With respect to Ceramic Pro coating, what caused you choose that process and how much does it cost? BTW your car looks great in your posted pictures.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:28 PM
NightHawk1520
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There really isn't anything to see. The Xpel Ultimate Plus is a brand new product (April) and it has improved self healing properties and is also somewhat shinier and no orange peel at all. Also guaranteed for 10 years!! My detailer did not use pre-cut patterns and he rolled all the edges so it is virtually invisible. Porsche did install a piece of film (detailer thinks it is a 3M product) on each side of the car just in front of the rear wheels. Thought about having it removed but detailer recommended leaving it for now. My detailer believes the 3M product may yellow over time so we will have to wait and see. I highly recommend the Xpel Ultimate Plus material.
I second that recommendation for the Xpel Ultimate Plus. I also have the Xpel on mine, but I had it installed on the entire car because I don't have covered parking and I wanted to protect the paint from birds leaving me "presents". Also with mine, I believe my installer removed the film that Porsche installed in the rear of the car because I don't see it anymore. I'm not sure that you can install the Xpel over the Porsche film.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:57 PM
mkke_porsche
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light - Update

Check engine light stayed on for four days. After driving the car and charging it normally the last four days, the check engine light turned off on its own. The only thing I've done differently was charge the battery with a 240V outlet instead of the standard 120V. Electrician installed it yesterday. I am not sure if the 240V outlet used made a difference, but that happened a few hours before the light turned off. I doubt it, to be honest. Used the OEM charger that was included with the car. I called the Service Manager immediately and had an extensive discussion. He told me to try to log all charging activities for him for the next week. Outlet type, battery level at beginning of charge, battery level at end of charge, battery level at time the check engine light comes on again. He said Gen 1 Pano Hybrid was a nightmare as far as the "check engine" light issues. Service manager believes the current issue has to do with a low voltage detection by the system. Which then tends to shut off communication with other systems to preserve charge/battery. I can't say that I fully understand the situation enough to explain it, but was hoping to relay this in hopes that it mirrors any other contributor's Service Dept diagnosis. Will keep you guys posted. Please do share other diagnoses once available.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:22 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those of you without the smoker's package, can you please tell me what is in the little cubby to the south of the gear shifter? Is there a 12 volt cigarette outlet to plug in things like a radar detector or USB outlets? Where are there other 12 volt outlets in the car? Thanks.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:28 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rklann
I am also having the same issue with the "Check Engine" light. It has been two weeks since I pick up my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and the issue with the check engine light staying on happened yesterday. This appears to be more than just an isolated issue. I will contact the dealership on Monday and keep you all informed.
It looks like louver has 240-volt charging. So that doesn't seem to be what's causing this problem, in and by itself.
What do you have for charging, rklann and alexander_96 -- 120 V or 240 V?
And do you have 3.6-kW or 7.2-kW onboard chargers?

Last edited by cometguy; 05-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:30 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bosch
Those of you without the smoker's package, can you please tell me what is in the little cubby to the south of the gear shifter? Is there a 12 volt cigarette outlet to plug in things like a radar detector or USB outlets? Where are there other 12 volt outlets in the car? Thanks.
It's just an empty box to put change or keys in...
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by cometguy
It's just an empty box to put change or keys in...
So no 12 volt outlets to plug in accessories elsewhere?
Old 05-07-2018, 08:10 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

So no 12 volt outlets to plug in accessories elsewhere?
There's a 12-volt outlet in the storage bin between the two front seats, where there is a USB port and AUX input.

see attached photo
Old 05-07-2018, 08:53 PM
bosch
Advanced

Great. Thanks. Is there one in the back cubby and in the trunk too?
Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Great. Thanks. Is there one in the back cubby and in the trunk too?
In the back seats, apparently you can only get one or the other: two USB charging ports (the default) or a 12-V cigarette-lighter port via the smoking package (they both go in the same place).
[I assume that the smoking package gives you two additional 12-V ports, therefore, but I'd rather have the USB ports for riders in the back. Can't imagine who would want to smoke in a car this expensive!]
Here's a pic with the two USB ports in the rear center console (not sure where they are in the Sport Turismo without the center console in back):

You can get this extra power outlet for the rear cargo area...
Old 05-08-2018, 10:06 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Porsche did install a piece of film (detailer thinks it is a 3M product) on each side of the car just in front of the rear wheels. Thought about having it removed but detailer recommended leaving it for now. My detailer believes the 3M product may yellow over time so we will have to wait and see. I highly recommend the Xpel Ultimate Plus material.
It does, it did on my previous Panamera, I could just about live with it, but something that didn't yellow would obviously be preferable.

Out of interest how do you ( or your detailer advise) get tar spots off the film ?

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread