Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 11:27 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I don’t have the rear wheel steering but the car drives fine at slow and fast speeds. The one I drove at the LA Driving Experience also didn’t have it and I was amazed at how well the car handled on the high speed road course. Also did quite well on the various wet areas.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:44 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panamera turns like a London taxi anyway - depends whether you'd rather spend the cash on something more prevalent.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:57 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
Has anyone driven a Panamera with Rear Wheels Steering, then one without it? Did it make a noticeable difference?

For those who have only driven their car and optioned for it: does it feel better in turns and easier to park?
I've owned two new gen Panameras 4e hybrids; the first which i bought last July had RAS as i think its truly transformative in the various 991.2's i've either oened or driven..My new Panamera ST was a pre specced showroom car and hasn't got RAS..Before pickup i had mild regrets however after an hour's driving i forgot about RAS.
In the 991 RAS transforms hard cornering as it banishes understeer which is prevalent in non RAS 991s..However in the Panny i saw very little benefit at speeds above 30mph and given a choice i do't think i'd pay for it again..I effect it lengthens the wheelbase above 50mph but as the Panny is such a long car i don't feel its so beneficial..
My current non RAS also is very wieldy at low speeds so again i don't miss the RAS..
Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I seem to have been lucky with my GPS. I had the initial problems immediately after purchase last October, where the aerial and GPS modules were both replaced, since then it has behaved impeccably. I did not realise that it changed headlights automatically, as I changed them manually while sitting waiting to load on the Channel Tunnel. I wonder if that is why I get a boring message at every start up on the right hand screen (Headlight alignment altered or something like that). I ran my battery down to zero a couple of days ago but it still only charged up to 37km (23 miles) so in spite of my battery being tested as OK, I think there is a problem with it. I had 31km range indicated when I set off from a nearby village to get home. Now I know it is quite steeply uphill but it did not manage to complete the 12km on battery. I was not going fast.

I have just received a message saying I needed to renew/extend my Porsche Connect subscription. I did that and it has extended it at zero cost for a further month for 7GB/month.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the RAS because it help me park a very long car. It is much easier to park that my Discovery which is about the same wheelbase. I have been hounding LR to put the RAS into the Range Rover LWB to make that easier to park. I am moving into a new office building and the underground parking is so very tight. Glad I got the RAS.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:56 PM
mkke_porsche
6th Gear

Default New to Thread - Check Engine Light Day 2

Hello to All! New to thread. I'm in California and just took delivery of my Pano 4 E-Hybrid this week. On Day 2, the Check Engine light came on. Brought it to dealer, they reset the system and told me it was an issue with the navigation system not connecting. Day 3, Check Engine light on again. I just don't have time to keep going into the dealer every time this happens. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix that's being deployed? Many thanks in advance!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:12 PM
alexander_96
6th Gear

I am having the exact same experience! (You car looks similar to mine too;-)
I've had my Pano 4 E-H less than a week so far. The check engine light came on 1 or 2 days after I got the car. The dealer reset the light but did not diagnose the problem. The next day the check engine light came on again, and it is staying on. The service rep said it's OK to drive it like that. I've scheduled a service for them to diagnose this, it will be later next week.
Their initial guess was that it might be related to the pressured fuel tank. The cap is on tight, of course. They suggested there is a valve related to fuel tank pressure (vapors?) that might be malfunctioning.
I had not heard the hypothesis that the check engine light might be caused by an incorrect connection of the nav system. That doesn't seem to be an engine problem, but perhaps they tied it to the same warning light anyway.
Once mine is properly diagnosed I will send an update to this group.

Hello to All! New to thread. I'm in California and just took delivery of my Pano 4 E-Hybrid this week. On Day 2, the Check Engine light came on. Brought it to dealer, they reset the system and told me it was an issue with the navigation system not connecting. Day 3, Check Engine light on again. I just don't have time to keep going into the dealer every time this happens. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix that's being deployed? Many thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:15 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also having the same issue with the "Check Engine" light. It has been two weeks since I pick up my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and the issue with the check engine light staying on happened yesterday. This appears to be more than just an isolated issue. I will contact the dealership on Monday and keep you all informed.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 AM
s-works
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello alexander and rklann - I also have a new 4 E, but that has not happened to me yet.. When you folks find out what the problem ended up being, could you start a new thread? This seems like a potential update that some may or may not have received.

Thank You Kindly -- s-works
Old 05-05-2018, 12:21 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Check Engine light

Me too. The check engine light came on after week 4. I took the car directly to the service department and left it. A week later the car is still there. The log shows two occurrences of "hybrid cooling fault." They reset the light and they drove the car 50 miles with no recurrence. However, they have been in touch with the support group in Porsche Germany and are still trying to figure out what's going on. The technician here said they were keen to have a good diagnosis of anything to do with the hybrid system. Meanwhile, no car, no fun.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:12 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
Me too. The check engine light came on after week 4. I took the car directly to the service department and left it. A week later the car is still there. The log shows two occurrences of "hybrid cooling fault." They reset the light and they drove the car 50 miles with no recurrence. However, they have been in touch with the support group in Porsche Germany and are still trying to figure out what's going on. The technician here said they were keen to have a good diagnosis of anything to do with the hybrid system. Meanwhile, no car, no fun.
Hybrid cooling fault? Does that mean that the batteries are not being properly cooled?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 PM
louver
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Check Engine light

Originally Posted by cometguy
Hybrid cooling fault? Does that mean that the batteries are not being properly cooled?
I assume it means a temperature out of range. Actually I'm hoping it will turn out to be a faulty sensor.

For those of you who have gotten a check-engine indication, I encourage you to insist that the service department check the diagnostic logs and get a proper diagnosis. Apparently the check engine light is a catch-all alert for a wide variety of problems, some of them trivial. (I think this is true on other car brands too.) So some service techs may be tempted to dismiss it as nothing to worry about, hoping it will just go away. But for most of us here, our cars are brand new, and they have a relatively new hybrid design. So if there is some widespread problem, the sooner Porsche service people investigate seriously the sooner they will recognize it.

Don't let them blow you off! (For the record, the service department at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter did not try to blow me off.)

Since our friends in the UK and Europe have had their cars longer than we in the US and Canada, I'm curious whether any of you experienced similar issues?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:46 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
I assume it means a temperature out of range. Actually I'm hoping it will turn out to be a faulty sensor.

For those of you who have gotten a check-engine indication, I encourage you to insist that the service department check the diagnostic logs and get a proper diagnosis. Apparently the check engine light is a catch-all alert for a wide variety of problems, some of them trivial. (I think this is true on other car brands too.) So some service techs may be tempted to dismiss it as nothing to worry about, hoping it will just go away. But for most of us here, our cars are brand new, and they have a relatively new hybrid design. So if there is some widespread problem, the sooner Porsche service people investigate seriously the sooner they will recognize it.

Don't let them blow you off! (For the record, the service department at Porsche Atlanta Perimeter did not try to blow me off.)

Since our friends in the UK and Europe have had their cars longer than we in the US and Canada, I'm curious whether any of you experienced similar issues?
I agree that everybody with this problem needs to make sure that it's reported to Porsche HQ, not just to the local dealership. There appear to be a worryingly large number of these "check engine" warnings popping up in brand new cars that are within a few short weeks of delivery.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:50 PM
gaylon
AutoX

Default Finally picked this up this week...

Old 05-06-2018, 04:42 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

When I have to go on longer trips with the 4 e-hybrid, what would be the best mode to put it in?

Is it better to recharge the batteries on the go in Sport Plus or actually utilize the E-Charge Function?

Should I use E-Power in the mornings then switch over to Hybrid-Auto to keep a certain amount of charge and have more power?

When in Sport/Sport Plus mode with the ICE activated, does Stop-Start kick in when stopped? Can it be turned off?

It’s very concerning to see the spreading check-light and GPS issues in these cars. Hopefully, Porsche will be proactive and send an update asap to fix this mess!

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread