Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:46 AM
soCali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept going back and forth about the surround view, I am probably going to email him today and ask if i can still get it. I thought the panorama roof was standard option?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Yoeris
Advanced

Originally Posted by soCali
I kept going back and forth about the surround view, I am probably going to email him today and ask if i can still get it. I thought the panorama roof was standard option?
Yeah really worth adding it, pano roof isn't standard here and neither does it show in the configuration preview?
And I would always go for full leather, it gives that real premium feeling.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 AM
soCali
Track Day

I didnt even see it as an option to add? Is it different here in the US?
Old 08-15-2017, 11:13 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call and ask the question re roof and leather.

Surround view on this car is really very impressive - more so than BMW because of all the screen real estate.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:57 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Panorama roof is standard in US. Not sure why your dealer indicated no knowledge regarding the delays but there have in fact been substantial delays for the e-hybrid 2018 models in the US. My car went into the body shop on June 23rd, is now showing as completed on July 25th (over a month in the body shop??) and is still not slated for a ship. Next boat is leaving Emden on August 24th and I'm hoping it will be on that one but so far no information. Further, all 2018 Porsche models have been held up in San Diego port for extensive period of time and a few 2018s (not the e-hybrid) have just started to be released. To the best of my knowledge no 2018 e-hybrids have been delivered yet in the US. I don't even believe any have actually shipped from Emden yet. If someone has contrary information I would very much like to hear about your experience.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:18 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Panorama roof is standard in US. Not sure why your dealer indicated no knowledge regarding the delays but there have in fact been substantial delays for the e-hybrid 2018 models in the US. My car went into the body shop on June 23rd, is now showing as completed on July 25th (over a month in the body shop??) and is still not slated for a ship. Next boat is leaving Emden on August 24th and I'm hoping it will be on that one but so far no information. Further, all 2018 Porsche models have been held up in San Diego port for extensive period of time and a few 2018s (not the e-hybrid) have just started to be released. To the best of my knowledge no 2018 e-hybrids have been delivered yet in the US. I don't even believe any have actually shipped from Emden yet. If someone has contrary information I would very much like to hear about your experience.
I believe Saratoga is absolutely right. My dealer is in Maryland and has no reason to lie to me. Here the e-hybrids all have to be EPA certified (just like all cars) and also have to go through some sort of emissions equivalent test for California as well to be able to be released from port. To my knowledge, without this no 2018 e-hybrid can be registered or have insurance until this happens. Maybe the delay reported to December is worst case scenario but thats what I was told.

As far as the sports exhaust, that was sent to my dealer by some person high up at Porsche and he advised me when they say "up to six months" it usually means six months, but again maybe worse case scenario as well. Either way, Im not gonna risk that even if its a total bummer. I really wanted it. Im hoping these fools can get their epa crap figured out asap cause that directly effects the federal tax credit as well. I guess we'll see.

My freeze date is the first week of October so hoping for more info by then
Old 08-15-2017, 01:19 PM
soCali
Track Day

maybe none of their ehybrids are delayed yet because none were slated to be delivered yet. Not sure. They did show me about half the cars at port were just cleared in the email yesterday, but none of them were panameras.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:35 PM
wmfrog
AutoX

My California dealer confirmed they got an email from Porsche yesterday indicating that the e-hybrids coming to the USA will not be delivered to customers until emissions validation with EPA occurs in December.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:51 PM
soCali
Track Day

well i guess mine isnt supposed to come until 12/22 anyways, so I guess thats in line with the EPA emissions validation.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:34 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

short update regarding delivery of my e-Hybrid:

it was supposed to be built this week, planned delivery to the dealer next week.

just talked to my dealer who confirmed that the car is gonna be marked in the system for delivery mid of next week, pick-up planned for end of next week.

the car has the sports-exhaust (black) included, order was done in May, so thanks god no delay due to that! maybe they recently got too many oders with the sports exhaust option which potentially could delay orders from now on - although nothing stated in the online configurator on that yet.

looking so much forward to end of next week, will post some pictures after the pick-up! ;-)
Old 08-18-2017, 10:06 AM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200

it was supposed to be built this week, planned delivery to the dealer next week.

just talked to my dealer who confirmed that the car is gonna be marked in the system for delivery mid of next week, pick-up planned for end of next week.

the car has the sports-exhaust (black) included, order was done in May, so thanks god no delay due to that! maybe they recently got too many oders with the sports exhaust option which potentially could delay orders from now on - although nothing stated in the online configurator on that yet.

looking so much forward to end of next week, will post some pictures after the pick-up! ;-)
great news for you! look forward to see the pictures and hearing your reviews.

i have a massive smile on my face every time i have to get in the car.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by hymo1200

Great news hymo! And a relief for you that you have got your sports exhaust too! Roll on next week and your collection!

P.S. I have now done over 7,000 miles in my Panamera 4 and am loving it!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 AM
robert090
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wmfrog
My California dealer confirmed they got an email from Porsche yesterday indicating that the e-hybrids coming to the USA will not be delivered to customers until emissions validation with EPA occurs in December.
Try to contact for brokers, like DSR Leasing, and try to get quotations about your choice of car. Surely, they will provide you information about it if this is true.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by robert090
Try to contact for brokers, like DSR Leasing, and try to get quotations about your choice of car. Surely, they will provide you information about it if this is true.
So yesterday I received a personal email from Porsche US. It indicated that my car (2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid) has been delayed 8-12 weeks from the original planned delivery date. It did not specify what is causing the delay, but from other posts on this forum I'm assuming it has to do with the EPA and CARB certifications. My order was placed last March and I was told I had an early June build date. My car actually went into the Body Shop on June 25th, but was caught up in the earlier delay for which I posted the email to Dealers from Corbett Head. The latest tracking statement shows my original planned dealer delivery date as August 25th, but an estimated date of September 22nd. That was before I received the email yesterday so I'm now assuming sometime between October 20th and November 20th!! If that is the case it will have taken eight months from order to delivery!!
To the best of my knowledge no US bound 2018 E-Hybrids have left Germany thus far. Not sure how they actually perform the EPA certification?? Does anyone know how it is completed?
Old 08-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Yoeris
Advanced

Damn that must be frustrating...
Seems only to be an US issue though? Wouldnt be happy If I had to wait 8 months, I find two months already long enough

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread