Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajriches01
You are 100% correct, it does indeed.

I am going to wait until after the Eurotunnel and then can have all 4 done at once!!
Opposite bug in my connect app. Looks like my engine is happy not to have any oil replaced for a fair few miles........

Old 07-26-2017, 12:13 PM
thorfun
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

impressive!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,252 Likes on 463 Posts

I presume it's 98,200 miles or June 2018, whichever comes sooner...?!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by NorthernMonkey
1500 miles in in my Panamera4 and I've not seen any "inspection required" light so you are correct seems to be some s/w issue on the hybrid only.
+1. 5,500 miles in my Panamera 4, with no warnings, that I have noticed.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:58 PM
NorthernMonkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
I presume it's 98,200 miles or June 2018, whichever comes sooner...?!
I think its a s/w bug

OPC tell me technically car does not need oil change until first maintenance which is normally 20k miles or the 18.7k mines showing.

i thought maybe the app had "added" a zero and it was trying to tell me that maybe you could warrant an oil change after 9820 miles. OPC said you could "refresh" oil after 12 months / 10k miles if you wanted to but its not mandated.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Ah, makes sense. On the Macan forum, a number of guys (many with engineering background) have voluntarily had oil changed at 10k miles or 12 months, but as you say, the manual indicates 20k miles or 2 years, whichever comes sooner... I'll get mine done at interim service, which at this rate will be a lot sooner than 24 months!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:00 PM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

My order is accepted all! Its gonna be a nov build for a dec arrival. Super excited

Few changes... remember when I said I wasnt going to do sports exhaust or RWS... yea I caved. I was out driving the 911 downshifting with the windows down and the crackles just made me too happy. I figured I would just be safe than sorry and it is "only" 2500 more..

I decided to go with the RWS cause I'm a more spirited driver and would love to have the most performance on it. Im also going from a 911 to a panamera- a much bigger car so I'd like the drive to reflect a sports car as much as possible.. Im also a fool and allowing Porsche to take my money.

Question for owners tho: what discount were you all able to obtain? I negotiated 7% and with the new tax credit expected to be $6,753 (PFS is talking to IRS right now, but should be accepted by end of august) I got close to 15k off sticker. Was wondering what you all thought or if you got more or less.

I attached my final build too, the only thing is, i do love these rims but wondering if i should switch to other 21s in high gloss black. those look great too ahhh

---------

sorry about the curb thor! always bound to happen

anybody have pics of the storage package? thx!
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Congrats on the order!

Discount? Discount?! Virtually unheard of here in the UK on a Porsche. And buyers here would dream of a 7% discount!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:53 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

For general info, there is a guy named Christos Konstantinou on Facebook (Porsche Panamera Group) who is in the Netherlands and has a 2017 e-Hybrid with the Sports Exhaust. He is going to post a video with it turned on and off so we can hear the difference.

911t0panamera - I also got a pretty good discount on my e-Hybrid but not sure when I will receive it. My build is similar to yours except for a few things you might want to think about 1) you should include the 7.2 Kw Onboard Charger. Reduces the charging time significantly and I also think not having it will impact your potential resale value. 2) The 4 Zone climate control gives the rear cubby a much more finished look and also gives the rear passengers more control. 3) I went with full interior leather upgrade - again much nicer interior and also resale value(?). 4) Adaptive Cruise Control is very popular with everyone I've talked to. 5) I also got ventilated seats in the front as it gets pretty hot out here in CA. Not sure if that is important in your area. Spoke with a dealer in Tennessee and he was totally pissed that the "Launch Vehicles (a 4S and a Turbo) didn't have ventilated seats. He said he will never be able to sell those cars in their humid climate so something for you to think about.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:07 AM
911topanamera
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Wing commander: thank you! super excited. wish I could fast forward to December. Sorry about the discount, its pretty common here to get at least 5-9% off on non-special addition models. Maybe your tax isn't as much as ours though but not sure

Saratoga:

let us know when the video drops! just tried looking him up on facebook

Do you know what % you got? Just curious but no worries if too much. Thanks for the suggestions! I was wondering what the onboard did differently if you just charged over night like I would. Realistically would not charge it on a road trip until I got to the destination so I didn't think I would care much. Hmm interesting thought tho. Totally get what you mean about the 4climate zone still on the fence, as back passengers don't matter to me it would just be for the look. Although I liked the cubbie as better storage spot.

I can't stand adaptive systems, its functionality annoys the hell at me. I would only like the innodrive and adaptive systems if they were perfect but they are def not and I realistically never use cruise control much as I just enjoy the driving experience more. I also had the ventilated seats in my 911 and M4 and I never used them. I live in the DMV area which gets hot but the ventilated seats never did much for me, I only really noticed anything if I worked out and right after. I have it on my 911 and haven't used it once yet. Hope that helps you understand my thought process, let me know if any suggestions! I also leased my vehicles (big waste, but I just like changing cars and will maybe be more serious later) so resale value doesnt really matter to me

Did you spec the storage package?

THOR or AJ: What tires came with your car? The other models you can spec all season, assuming it came with summer performance but not sure
Old 07-27-2017, 04:34 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pirelli PZero - am assuming summer?

UK, you can only get discounts if they are struggling to sell something. So a stock diesel MAYBE a small amount at the end of the month so they can meet targets but that is it. I got a notional amount off as they d*cked around with the order (no matrix LEDs even though Thor got his!). On the back side though - this means the residuals are well above market for these kind of cars. I actually agree with the pricing model - I got 10%+ off my X6 but it's worth nothing now, so what's the point?

Fast charger just seems like something they should have included anyway. Circa 6 hours to charge for a "30" mile journey is a bit of a joke. I don't think it cuts down on space and enables a decent charge if going to the cinema/shops. As above, maybe important to an onward purchaser also.

The 4 Zone turns the back of the car from a family run about into a luxury saloon (even limo). Friends all love it and it's the first thing that gets comments on. Otherwise I find the rear looks a little stark.

100% I would have got the sports exhaust. Near my house there is a steep hill and the 911 just burbled allll the way down, facilitating a big smile as I got home.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:42 AM
ajriches01
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saratoga, I have asked Porsche UK and there is currently no delay with the e-Hybrids...so either it is particular to you or it is a mistake. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:35 AM
hymo1200
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

AJ, thanks for asking!

very good news and supporting my hopes to receive mine still in August! 😜
Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Here is a copy of the message that was sent out to all dealers from a gentleman named Corbett Head on June 29th that indicated all production of early MY 2018 Panamera E-Hybrid cars was stopped and would not be resumed before the end of July.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:48 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

It appears from his wording "Panamera 4 E-Hybrid units with production dates in August or later correctly show the anticipated production time line" that they believe they will have the problem(s) fixed before they restart production after the shutdown, but that may or may not be the case. We will just have to wait and see what happens. So far my dealer has not been able to determine the cause of the delay.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread