Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2018 Panamera 971 Turbo Sport Turismo Tune (BGB Motorsports)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 08:00 PM
MIA Turismo
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2018 Panamera 971 Turbo Sport Turismo Tune (BGB Motorsports)

Here we go kids. I tuned my new-to-me 2018 Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo with BGB Motorsports and have dragy results to post. This is a great tune that definitely boosts performance in a material way. My 0-60 results in Florida at 90 degrees and 70% humidity – stock 3.88; tuned 3.25 driving around for some time with the dragy before and after throwing on BGB’s tune. In my opinion, BGB is the best place to go for our platform. John is great to deal with and he put a lot of time personally into me and my car and is dedicated to the platform.

This is the tune that John at BGB has been refining for since 2021 on his own Panamera turbo. https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...-vs-after.html On John’s car, this tune puts out max 600whp / 705lbft (from 545/582) on a dyno jet. As you can see, it has real smooth horsepower and torque curves; smoother than stock.

This is my experience with the tune; it drives like stock; you can’t tell it’s tuned. It is very smooth and just pulls harder and keeps going like a bullet, well into at least 148mph. No codes; no jerkiness or stumbles. The added power is noticeable and at all rpm bands, just like the dyno.

I don’t think you’re gonna get that anywhere else because John started with a more aggressive tune (like others put out) and then toned it down to be move livable and to put less unnecessary stress on the drivetrain. Although we all want higher numbers, ultimately I don’t want to worry about the PDK and I just came off a pullied CTSV wagon that was very jerky (still loved that car), so this is a nice contrast (and my wife complains a little less about my driving). That is one thing that really sets John apart; to my knowledge he is the only one who has put time into driving and refining this tune and that gives me a lot of comfort.

The Experience. I had a great experience with John. This is a remote tune on my laptop with an Amazon OBD computer cable and a program called deadbeefflash. I put the software on my computer; connected the computer to the car (this took some trial and error with network settings but I think I figured it out); downloaded the ecu file from the car; and emailed it to John. A day later, John emailed me a modified file, which I then uploaded to the car. Viola. That’s really it. The neat thing too is that with the files on my computer, I can revert the car back and forth myself. And John can even email me a tweaked file in the future. I can even use the software to pull and clear DTC codes. Right off the bat, this beats the other bench tune options and even APR (which would require you to go back to them to flash to stock). I’ll also say I had other problems with my car (like a wheel almost falling off) and John was patient with me through all that. Genuinely a good guy and well respected in the Porsche racing community.

The Competition. Real briefly, there just aren’t a lot of trustworthy alternatives or information out there. You have piggybacks with no dyno results and doing god knows what. You have bench tunes (lots of downsides there) and then APR. I personally had a horrible experience with APR. I paid for a tune only to waste my time and find that they didn’t make a tune for my particular ecu (maybe it’s a TST thing). But even then; the whole experience and relationship and trust is nothing like I get with John.

I have nothing but good things to say. I’m gonna see if I can get some higher runs on the dragy and will update over time. I’m also throwing secondary pipes on the car so I’m looking forward to that.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
stock.mov (13.79 MB, 35 views)
File Type: mov
Temp.mov (17.69 MB, 24 views)
The following 5 users liked this post by MIA Turismo:
Chimuel (05-16-2024), healthnut76 (05-16-2024), Norge911 (05-15-2024), PandaSPUR (05-17-2024), Torxuvin (06-12-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 08:04 PM
djdonte
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice man! I just sold my 2018 CTS-V. Great car, but it was honestly too fast for me to be practical since I dont street race in mexico anymore. Also German cars make GM interiors looks like a 1985 Toyota.
The following users liked this post:
MIA Turismo (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 01:38 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you for the detailed report out.

Your 0-60 numbers reflect the advertised gains - that is a very solid improvement. It would be sweet to see the mph gain in the 1/4 mile.

Great product BGB!
MIA Turismo (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 04:54 PM
MIA Turismo
AutoX

Originally Posted by 911C2R

Your 0-60 numbers reflect the advertised gains - that is a very solid improvement. It would be sweet to see the mph gain in the 1/4 mile.

Great product BGB!
Definitely will be taking some more runs
Old 05-17-2024, 06:09 PM
Nitroman1
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very timely thread. I'm in the market and APR can not support my ecu box code. I'll call them...
MIA Turismo (05-18-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 06:14 PM
MIA Turismo
AutoX

Originally Posted by Nitroman1
Very timely thread. I'm in the market and APR can not support my ecu box code. I'll call them...
Good deal!
Old 05-20-2024, 10:45 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 596 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by 911C2R

Great product BGB!
Thank you! It took almost 2 years and i'm glad that all of the heavy lifting is done; i found out this weekend on a trip just how much i missed my car!

Originally Posted by Nitroman1
​​​​​​​PM SENT!
Old 06-11-2024, 01:39 PM
MIA Turismo
AutoX

Brief follow-up. Driving the car everyday. No hiccups; no issues. Love the tune.
The following 2 users liked this post by MIA Turismo:
Norge911 (06-11-2024), Torxuvin (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 10:58 AM
Torxuvin
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice. Love to see more options coming around for our cars. Would love to tune my 4s down the road.

Quick Reply: 2018 Panamera 971 Turbo Sport Turismo Tune (BGB Motorsports)