Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 12:10 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by orca15
I've already bought a spare set of 20" wheels for my "dream" car and had them powder coated and A/S tires mounted. I say "dream" because who knows, may turn out that way - just a dream. Depression setting in as my dealer has gone silent.
Are you planning to shred your new tires at the track or something? But man, I’m sorry your dealer isn’t responsive but don’t give up hope. Maybe reach out to the manager for an update?

​​​​
Originally Posted by scurvy
Hate to say it, but this is why I went the CPO route on a low mileage recent year. I couldn't deal with the inevitable delays upon delays let alone waiting for an actual allocation or build spot. Not sure how you folks do it. I had a superbly spec'd 2022 4S-E built out...then ended up in 2018 Turbo S-E. It had most of the things I wanted, very low miles, and some bonus things (like the 4L V8). Cheaper and ended up actually being better than buying new with the unlimited CPO mileage. You can have a car shipped cross-country in 3-4 days...

I've bought personal spec cars before a lot, but I couldn't imagine doing it now. I deal with the delays enough in my day job, watching 60 day lead times turn into 140 then 270. I can't imagine the all the shortages a car manufacturer must be dealing with right now. Especially one with as little buying power as Porsche.
Congrats on your TS-E, bet you’re having a blast with it. I can’t say that I didn’t think of going that route as well to get a CPO TS-E now for same or lower price than a new 4S-E. Some of the major reasons I decided to wait were: the new 971.2 hybrids have the bigger 17.9kw battery, definitely better tech (including PCM 6.0 on the ‘22 models), got to customize the car exactly how I wanted, and the 971.1 TS-E and new 4S-E have nearly identical speed/performance metrics. I actually could’ve had a new ‘21 4S-E in August but changed to a later allocation just to get the ‘22. So my even longer wait is my own fault but I’ll survive! Definitely can’t blame anyone who’d do what you did though. I’m sure the CPO TS-E is sweet!
Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jtbuy
Update!
Sales Associate shared news my car is en route and states bound. Arrival expected 10/08/2021 to Port of Houston and a week-ish later to dealer.

Sales Assoc. is happy to share news that vehicle is fully intact (read: all chips/tech present), rather than shipped partially complete.

Happy days!

Here’s the Planned / Expected / Actual completion date (aka V300) for those interested:
  • 7/30, Planned
  • 10/1, Expected
  • 9/8, Actual
That’s amazing news! And gives the rest of us hope that things can move along faster. Looks like you were actually delayed only 2 weeks when you consider the Leipzig factory closed from July 31 to August 23 for the summer holidays. Again, I think it’s a blessing in disguise for you because now you get the ‘22 model. Before the summer holidays, they were still producing ‘21 models. Happy for you mate! Are you tracking the ship now?
Old 09-23-2021, 01:41 PM
jtbuy
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SS22
…Are you tracking the ship now?
Yes. Ship - Bishu Highway - arrives 9/26 in Halifax according to the recommended app for tracking.

A question for everyone…
What is your current plan to protect the paint? Ceramic? PPF? A combination?
I am leaning to PPF as the side skirts, front/rear fascia, all are finished in the exterior color. Any thoughts for or against going PPF instead of ceramic?
The following users liked this post:
Zola3515 (05-27-2023)
Old 09-23-2021, 06:29 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 255 Likes on 171 Posts

Are you planning to shred your new tires at the track or something? But man, I’m sorry your dealer isn’t responsive but don’t give up hope. Maybe reach out to the manager for an update?
I wanted all season tires but the stock (no cost) 19" rims have no A/S tires available. For the same price of upgrading my build to 20" rims, which come with A/S tires, I bought a set of the same off of eBay- tires and rims. These are OEM tires with OEM wheels (which I had powder coated black). So rather than paying Porsche $1800 for what I really wanted, I got what I wanted and have a complete extra set of 19" rims with summer tires as spares, or whatever.

Lots of advantages - first, get a flat, swap all the rims until sorted out, second, since I want them all gloss black, I'll be able to run the eBay ones while the ones that come with it are getting powder coated. You get the picture. Here they are waiting for my 12/3/21 V300 date Panny 4 E! Based on the jtbuy's dates (delivered 2.5 months after original V300), who knows, I may meet her in February anyway!

20" OEM wheels, Pirelli P7 A/S tires

Last edited by orca15; 09-23-2021 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:45 PM
orca15
Pro

How about if we all post our model and options and a configurator picture? I'll start!

Panamera 4 E-hybrid
Carmine Red/Chalk leather/Anthracite wood trim Interior
7.2kW charger
Premium/Assistance packages
Thermal Glass
Gloss Black window trim
Rear axle steering
Window shades
Night Vision Assist

The following 2 users liked this post by orca15:
ManoTexas (09-28-2021), PT6 (11-28-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 12:48 AM
tthompso7
5th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Also on the Bishu Highway

Yes. Ship - Bishu Highway - arrives 9/26 in Halifax according to the recommended app for tracking.
@jtbuy My 22 Panamera 4 is also on the Bishu Highway ahead of schedule. I’m in CT so the drop off is in Davisville RI. Scheduled for 9.29.

https://noradinc.com/davisville-berthing-schedule/

to quote my SA, “the car has all of sensors and no recalls etc” I’ve heard from other dealers that cars are coming in with one key, missing TPMS, light and temp sensors and without the electric steering wheel adjustment. Not necessarily all of the above but some combo. Will share details if the car shows up in the next couple of weeks.

original delivery date was Oct 22.
jtbuy (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 03:33 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

A question for everyone…
I am leaning to PPF as the side skirts, front/rear fascia, all are finished in the exterior color. Any thoughts for or against going PPF instead of ceramic?
Sweet! Post photos when you get it.

I'm planning on only doing ceramic. Reasons I decided against PPF were that I don't want someone to take apart panels/badging on my brand new Porsche and put it back together to properly do the PPF, don't want plastic to dull the paint (paid extra for chalk and want to fully enjoy its looks with its full shine), and don't want to repeat the process every few years when PPF will need to be removed and re-applied). To me, those issues outweigh the benefit of reducing any potential/tiny rock chips. We have good roads where I live and I'm not concerned (and for long trips, I'll just avoid driving behind trucks and/or keep distance to reduce chance of rock chips). PPF can only protect against tiny rock chips , which are no big deal and normal wear and tear in my book.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:39 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

How about if we all post our model and options and a configurator picture? I'll start!
I'll play!

Panamera 4S E-hybrid
Chalk with Black/Bordeaux Red leather interior
21" SportDesign wheels w/ performance tires & red calipers (will powder coat wheels all-black)
Premium package
Assistance package
Rear axle steering w/ power steering plus
Exclusive design taillights
High gloss black window trim, door handles, and model designation
Heated GT Sport steering wheel
Massage and ventilated seats
Porsche crest on headrests
7.2 kW charger

orca15 (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:27 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

I'll play!

Panamera 4S E-hybrid
Chalk with Black/Bordeaux Red leather interior
21" SportDesign wheels w/ performance tires & red calipers (will powder coat wheels all-black)
Premium package
Assistance package
Rear axle steering w/ power steering plus
Exclusive design taillights
High gloss black window trim, door handles, and model designation
Heated GT Sport steering wheel
Massage and ventilated seats
Porsche crest on headrests
7.2 kW charger

Did you photoshop those wheels? I am thinking a similar thing with the Turbo Design 2s wheels but in satin black on a white Panamera GTS Sport Turismo. How hard is it to learn how to photoshop this kind of stuff?
orca15 (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:28 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 141 Posts

A question for everyone…
I did both full PPF and then ceramic on my 991.2 GT3 and the peace of mind and ease of cleaning it brings me are worth it. Will never not do it to a high dollar car again.
Smirnoff67 (11-29-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:39 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by richardbf
Did you photoshop those wheels? I am thinking a similar thing with the Turbo Design 2s wheels but in satin black on a white Panamera GTS Sport Turismo. How hard is it to learn how to photoshop this kind of stuff?
I used good ‘ol Paint. Doesn’t look perfect but turns out decently enough just to get rid of the silver lip and see how they look in all black.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:47 PM
orca15
Pro

SS22- Beautiful! They will be inverse twins with the red/chalk and chalk/red! You got me thinking about the taillights...

I plan to get PPF on the front up to the windshield and for good reason- my Lexus bumper and hood look like they have been sand blasted after only 5 years of driving up and down I-95. I hate chips in the paint - my 911s used to sport the ugly black bra back in the day. I've never had PPF but it sounds like the perfect (well, nearly) solution.

I think ceramic is just a personal preference over traditional coatings, but I wlll likely do that as well just to save some cleaning effort..

Last edited by orca15; 09-27-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:05 AM
jtbuy
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tthompso7
@jtbuy My 22 Panamera 4 is also on the Bishu Highway ahead of schedule. I’m in CT so the drop off is in Davisville RI. Scheduled for 9.29.
…Will share details if the car shows up in the next couple weeks…
Thanks in advance for the update when you get to it!
Old 09-30-2021, 01:09 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

SS22- Beautiful! They will be inverse twins with the red/chalk and chalk/red! You got me thinking about the taillights...
I was thinking the same. Chalk and red go well together, whichever route you take! I’m partial to the exclusive taillights as I got them on mine but I think you can do without since your exterior is red and the red from the standard taillights will match nicely as is. But again, I love them so don’t ask me haha!
Old 10-01-2021, 02:06 AM
Tosa5
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll play too - I am going for an 'under the radar' look, so as I explore the West Coast, I don't stand out any more than necessary.

Here is my build:
Paint: Night Blue Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Luxor Beige
Door handle inserts in interior color
"Porsche" Logo on Rear in High Gloss Black
Deletion of Model Designation on Rear
8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Silver
Rear Axle Steering incl. Power Steering Plus
Deletion of Acid Green Brake Caliper Finish
20" Panamera Turbo Wheels
Summer tires (Michelin) for 20" wheels
Head-Up Display
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Ionizer
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Supply Cable for NEMA 14-50 Electrical Socket
7.2 kW On-board Charger

Mine is scheduled to deliver to the CA dealer in early January. Hope all of your get yours delivered on time. I hear there are 20 + ships waiting to unload at Long Beach Harbor.

Looks like a normal family station wagon?

The following 3 users liked this post by Tosa5:
brettly (05-07-2022), jtbuy (10-01-2021), Smirnoff67 (11-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)