Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021 | 08:33 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tthompso7
Thanks and you’re right about carbon black metallic on the M. I guess after Nov night blue metallic will longer be an option on the Panamera. Glad I made the cut! The dealer ordered this one in June. I put a deposit on it in Aug which gave me a week to add options. I added the sport chrono package, rear axel steering, dark walnut trim, they had already spec’d the premium and assistance packages, night blue metallic & Luxor black/beige interior. First Porsche!
Congrats on your new car. Beautiful combo. One question on your 2022. Have you noticed any exterior facelifts from the 2021 version? Many posts out there show there were going to be some minor changes to the front grill and bumper but your photos shows what I believe is no change. I have a 22' coming in April and even the dealer doesn't have current photos.
Old 10-09-2021 | 08:47 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Thanks and you’re right about carbon black metallic on the M. I guess after Nov night blue metallic will longer be an option on the Panamera. Glad I made the cut! The dealer ordered this one in June. I put a deposit on it in Aug which gave me a week to add options. I added the sport chrono package, rear axel steering, dark walnut trim, they had already spec’d the premium and assistance packages, night blue metallic & Luxor black/beige interior. First Porsche!
Sweet! And good sign that you got yours with the assistance package. I was starting to think maybe they’re putting those at the end of the line since they require more chips.
The following users liked this post:
tthompso7 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-09-2021 | 08:49 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gator Fan 1957
Congrats on your new car. Beautiful combo. One question on your 2022. Have you noticed any exterior facelifts from the 2021 version? Many posts out there show there were going to be some minor changes to the front grill and bumper but your photos shows what I believe is no change. I have a 22' coming in April and even the dealer doesn't have current photos.
Porsche hasn’t announced any change to the exterior for the 2022 MY. Are you thinking of the spy photos on the web? If so, I think that might be a second facelift coming in 2024 or thereafter and from the looks of it, it hardly looks different.
tthompso7 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-09-2021 | 09:27 PM
Tosa5
Advanced

Good choices, tthompso7! I also picked Night Blue, Black/Luxor Beige interior, and 20" Turbo wheels. I think all of the colors are great, and blue has always been my favorite color. I hope the November date for eliminating Night Blue on Panameras affects only new orders after November, and not my July order, which won't be built until November.

What is your plan for paint protection, if any. Like SS22, I am not going to get PPF, but I am strongly considering ceramic coating. I live in Northern California, and my car will be delivered to a dealer in Southern California, and I will fly down, and drive it home (380 miles), so I will look into having the dealer or a nearby detail shop do the ceramic coating, while the paint is perfect, and so it will be protected during the first 380 miles of driving. Glad your car show up will all its fingers and toes, and early.
Old 10-09-2021 | 09:33 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

@Tosa5, the configurator for the Panamera says the following so I read that to only affect 911 and 718 models anyways. I think you’ll be fine.

Old 10-09-2021 | 09:36 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Yes. Many spy shots out there but even my dealer said he believed that a minor change was in the works. Was more curious than anything. Yours is the first "actual" photo of a 22' I have seen anywhere and thank you for sharing it. My build starts at the end of December and arrives in Atlanta the third week of March. Scheduled for pick up first week of April. Looking forward to it!
Old 10-09-2021 | 10:01 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Yes. Many spy shots out there but even my dealer said he believed that a minor change was in the works. Was more curious than anything. Yours is the first "actual" photo of a 22' I have seen anywhere and thank you for sharing it. My build starts at the end of December and arrives in Atlanta the third week of March. Scheduled for pick up first week of April. Looking forward to it!
That would’ve been cool but I highly doubt it. Porsche always announces changes and even updates the configurator to show changes. For example, they even changed the infotainment screen to show that the 2022 model is getting PCM 6 vs. the PCM 5 in 2021 and older models (see comparison below). That’s how detail-oriented they are! If there was a change to the exterior, we’d see it on the configurator.

tthompso7 (10-11-2021)
Old 10-09-2021 | 10:44 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SS22
That would’ve been cool but I highly doubt it. Porsche always announces changes and even updates the configurator to show changes. For example, they even changed the infotainment screen to show that the 2022 model is getting PCM 6 vs. the PCM 5 in 2021 and older models (see comparison below). That’s how detail-oriented they are! If there was a change to the exterior, we’d see it on the configurator.

I'm not relying 100% on the configuration photos. My build has the premium package which includes the 4 zone climate control but that never appears in the rear seat build photos. The wheels I chose come standard with the colored crest center caps but they don't appear on the build photos either. I can't wait for you to pick up your car next week. Very exciting. Post some of your own photos when you can!
Old 10-09-2021 | 11:29 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I'm not relying 100% on the configuration photos. My build has the premium package which includes the 4 zone climate control but that never appears in the rear seat build photos. The wheels I chose come standard with the colored crest center caps but they don't appear on the build photos either. I can't wait for you to pick up your car next week. Very exciting. Post some of your own photos when you can!
Fair enough! The configurator does have some glitch where the 4-zone only shows if you add it by itself but won’t show with the premium package. And funny you brought up the colored crest on the wheels. I noticed the same thing on my build and asked my dealer about it… they said they’re not sure why it doesn’t show but since it’s written in the description, they expect it to come with the colored crest and if not, they’ll just replace them for me at no charge. So anyways, you have a point but I’d be shocked if a change to the exterior wasn’t updated on the configurator. Looking forward to seeing more photos from @tthompso7 when he gets his new ride too!
Old 10-11-2021 | 07:51 PM
tthompso7
5th Gear

I don’t think there are any exterior changes for 2022.
Old 10-11-2021 | 08:51 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

I don’t think there are any exterior changes for 2022.
I don't believe so either but my sales rep believes there are some minor changes. The main change he speaks of is that the front grille changed a little. He said every year they slightly change something on all of their models. Might be a larger or smaller turn signal light or even how they paint something slightly different. He said the photos used on the configurator are 2021 build photos and they haven't updated the website. He said he can't get an actual photo of a 22' so that's why I was interested in yours. He may be misinformed but two different dealerships have told me the same thing. I'm excited for you. Looks like a great build! I was soooo close to doing the night blue metallic. Beautiful color! Post some photos Wednesday!!!
Old 10-11-2021 | 09:08 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Here’s a guy who works at Porsche explaining all the changes between the 2021 and 2022 Panamera:

Old 10-16-2021 | 10:59 AM
orca15
Pro

Let's talk dates/delays...

My original (as of August) production date "V300" was 12/3/21. To my surprise, it hasn't changed. Current Dealer Inventory date is 1/14. I'll believe it when I see it, but how about folks with Oct/Nov V300 dates, are the cars on track for the most part?
Old 10-16-2021 | 11:46 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

@orca15 I just got an update on mine. My V300 “expected” date has gone from 9/24 (as of June) to 9/17 (as of July) to 10/8 (as of early September) to 10/22 (as of late September). Right now, my expected date is still 10/22, which is good because there’s been no new delays since I got an update 3 weeks ago. Also, I reached V250 vehicle fixed status (“actual date” of 10/8) which I take to be the first real stage of something actually happening (I think it’s when they order and gather all the parts so they’re ready for production). Next step is entering production which I am hoping happens any day now!
orca15 (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021 | 12:49 PM
orca15
Pro

Hey, I'll take a month slip in this day and age, besides, that puts delivery on my birthday

It sounds like the slips happened at least a month out from V300, which means I will see something (or not) in the next three weeks. I'll let everyone know.

Last edited by orca15; 10-16-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)