Notices

GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't get me wrong the M2 is a nice looking package, probably the first BMW in years I would like to drive - reminds me of the 1M Coupe.

But when it comes to cars the GT350 is for winners.

Lime Rock last week - Victory.
Attached Images     
Old 07-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
I just picked up an M2. What an awesome little car.
This is exactly what I thought the gt350 was going to feel like. But it didn't.
Quick as hell, actually feels faster than the mustang. Interior is so much better. Feels so much smaller than the 350. No rattles, like none. Backseat, huge trunk, not like I care. I could go on and on...awesome stance

I'm actual going to keep this car for a while, I might like it more than the gt4...

I know para just knocked his cereal bowl over trying to log in to this thread ��
M2 is cool in my book and all.... and I do like it since it's trying to bring back the analog visceral days of the M soul. But I also and still think the GT350 is a notch or two better... particularly performance-wise. Heck my Macan can give that all new M2 a nice challenge on & off the track. Will make them M2's nervous a bit too. And arguably have just as much or even more fun! From a freakin' SUV!

R&T comparison: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...e-macan-turbo/

Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Para82
Don't get me wrong the M2 is a nice looking package, probably the first BMW in years I would like to drive - reminds me of the 1M Coupe. But when it comes to cars the GT350 is for winners. Lime Rock last week - Victory.
Haha
I don't buy cars cause their cars win races. But, that's why ford loves you as their customer...
Old 07-29-2016, 11:34 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bossing
M2 is cool in my book and all.... and I do like it since it's trying to bring back the analog visceral days of the M soul. But I also and still think the GT350 is a notch or two better... particularly performance-wise. Heck my Macan can give that all new M2 a nice challenge on & off the track. Will make them M2's nervous a bit too. And arguably have just as much or even more fun! From a freakin' SUV! R&T comparison: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...e-macan-turbo/
Sorry, just calling it like I feel it...
I bought the m2 to keep for a month til my rs comes in. I may not get rid of it. It's that good.
I've never owned a BMW, besides an mcoupe I bought used. So they don't do much for me.
This car, however, is as much fun to drive as my gt4.
I wish I liked the mustang, but I didn't. Felt nothing like the m2. Don't be hurt by my review please.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:36 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Calling out the GT350 interior as cheap and then applauding a BMW build quality? Ok you're a unique car buyer indeed As for access to cars just FYI I cross shopped Ferrari (Modena), Porsche (997 Turbo), and Stingrays - none came close for me.
Modenas, tt, and vette were never on my radar, even when they were new. So I guess we cross shop different cars...
Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Sorry, just calling it like I feel it...
I bought the m2 to keep for a month til my rs comes in. I may not get rid of it. It's that good.
I've never owned a BMW, besides an mcoupe I bought used. So they don't do much for me.
This car, however, is as much fun to drive as my gt4.
I wish I liked the mustang, but I didn't. Felt nothing like the m2. Don't be hurt by my review please.
Lol, not hurt at all... if anything I leave factory M cars behind on the track with my stock 350.

No one's forcing you to like the 350 anyway... at least I'm not. The M2 is a good choice... even over an M4, IMHO.

Just stating how I feel as well plus preference over this or that is all subjective anyway. Heck the GT4 I'd take and prefer over either of those cars period.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:29 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Lol, not hurt at all... if anything I leave factory M cars behind on the track with my stock 350. No one's forcing you to like the 350 anyway... at least I'm not. The M2 is a good choice... even over an M4, IMHO. Just stating how I feel as well plus preference over this or that is all subjective anyway. Heck the GT4 I'd take and prefer over either of those cars period.
Thank you. I don't consider myself to be brand loyal. Either I connect with a car or I don't.
I've got 10 ford trucks, it's not like I dislike fords...
Old 07-29-2016, 10:39 PM
916Bob
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

M2 is cool in my book and all.... and I do like it since it's trying to bring back the analog visceral days of the M soul. But I also and still think the GT350 is a notch or two better... particularly performance-wise. Heck my Macan can give that all new M2 a nice challenge on & off the track. Will make them M2's nervous a bit too. And arguably have just as much or even more fun! From a freakin' SUV!
I saw that video and had to laugh... my Macan has surprised a few other drivers on the track.

Anyway, I have 850 miles on the GT350 and I'm really enjoying it... and no rattles. It doesn't really compare to my GT3, or McLaren, or even the Macan, except for that it's fun to drive. I don't have a problem with lack of leather, or its size, or whatever. That Voodoo FPC V8 is a hoot and it even has a clutch... whatever will they think of next? I have to say I'm impressed as hell with the bang for the buck factor too. In this respect, I think it's in a class of its own. Ford did a pretty good job. I think it's a keeper.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Quality, feel, fit, finish and materials and overall tactile superiority goes to Porsche and BMW. The Fords are not in the same league. This explains the price delta differences.

I love my Boss 302LS but its not in the same leauge in fit, finish and materials as a GT3 or M4. Just isn't. Neither is the GT350. Fact.

I bleed Ford blue but facts are facts.

Can't say I'm Porsche biased either.

Name:  Ford collection.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  972.9 KB
Old 07-30-2016, 01:14 AM
Para82
Race Car

Haha
I don't buy cars cause their cars win races. But, that's why ford loves you as their customer...
Yes you do - your GT3 RS wasn't purchased to lose.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:35 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Yes you do - your GT3 RS wasn't purchased to lose.
I bought a jaguar f type and love it. Does jaguar even have a race team? If they do, they probably aren't very good. Do I care? No...
Old 07-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Para82
Race Car

I bought a jaguar f type and love it. Does jaguar even have a race team? If they do, they probably aren't very good. Do I care? No...
You love your Jaguar F Type - but didn't love your GT350 ?

It's time to stop lying to yourself.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:03 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

You love your Jaguar F Type - but didn't love your GT350 ? It's time to stop lying to yourself.
It's a convertible, and you're missing the point 😴
Old 07-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Para82
Race Car

It's a convertible, and you're missing the point ��
I get it - you don't care about winning.

Porsche has more race victories than any car manufacturer in the world - I love that.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,947 Likes on 5,209 Posts

http://jalopnik.com/holy-****-a-ford...-fi-1784671243

Quick Reply: GT350