Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Midnight GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015 | 10:13 AM
AMGsound
Instructor

Default Midnight GTS

We placed an order 2 weeks ago for a Midnight Blue GTS.

RS Spyder wheels in black.
Premium pack: Pano roof, keyless, other options I can't remember.
Full LED headlights (best option in my book).
Full leather in black, 8 ways GTS seats.
Black aluminum interior trim.
Exterior CF side panels
NAV
Bose

I didn't want pano roof, but my salesman (that I fully trust - no kidding) said it would cost me more when I want to sell it vs getting it new.

Of course, like most of you, I've changed my mind on the build, hum, 5 times since. My wife is VERY positive on the "new" blue. I'm not sure until I see it on a car vs the little sample panel. The 2 dark blue Macan S I've seen live were quite boring to me. They were basic cars, not much options, and boring 19' wheels (if not 18's..!!). It's all good if they were crossed shopped with X3s and Evoques and GLKs, but a GTS is different game to me, just given the base price gap between S and GTS.

Since everyone on this forum knows wheels (and CF, and LED lights!!) make or break a car, I'm trying to see what you guys think of my exterior build?

I don't want the beautiful colors everyone gets. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I just want a different build. To give you an idea of where my head's at, the other color I'm considering is Mahogany which would be a notch less sporty, more classy
Old 12-22-2015 | 11:34 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

I am fixed on almost exactly the same build. Midnight blue, full leather etc... Don't worry about the pano -roof, it's awesome. My only differences are I'm leaning towards the regular Spyder wheels - something with a bit of metal on a fairly dark car, and the GTS Alcantara interior. Congrats - it's going to be STUNNING.
Old 12-22-2015 | 09:37 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Congrats! My order just got placed as well.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK2IUB1

I actually opted out of the Pano roof since I never use one and would rather have a few extra inches of headroom.
Old 12-23-2015 | 09:45 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rollsroy
Congrats! My order just got placed as well.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHK2IUB1

I actually opted out of the Pano roof since I never use one and would rather have a few extra inches of headroom.
Link doesn't do anything.
Old 12-23-2015 | 02:05 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Link doesn't do anything.
You have to click the open button once the Porsche page pops up.
Old 12-25-2015 | 08:19 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rollsroy
You have to click the open button once the Porsche page pops up.
I just get a bank screen but maybe that's just an issue with Safari.
Old 12-26-2015 | 06:56 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

link worked fine for me on Chrome

I'm in the same boat, I need the headroom more than any other option
Old 12-27-2015 | 03:00 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

I had a lapis blue( it's a dark blue) 911 once and I got bored of it. I haven't seen this blue in person either, so maybe it will pop. Congrats the build sounds awesome.
Old 12-31-2015 | 06:09 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Default Midnight Blue over GTS Interior...

I was out at the dealership yesterday and spec'd this out. It's always better to see the actual materials in person, vs. the configurator, and I think this combination looks great. For those of you that have ordered the Midnight Blue, it is exceptional.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1837
Size:  147.4 KB
Old 01-05-2016 | 02:18 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Very nice with the GTS red interior. I'd love to do it too, but in silver, yet Im up there on my budget for this car. There are so many $500-1000-1500 options that add up rather quickly and make this a not so much good deal vs the S anymore and get rather close to Turbo pricing...or even better yet: Certified 2013 Cayenne Turbo..!!

I'm also on the edge regarding ConnectPlus...I plan on keeping this one for a while, I'd be not impressed with myself if I passed on Connect and want to trade cars in 2 years because they all have it by then...It's definitely a ripoff @ $1500, but trading cars like a Macan is a bigger financial hit when they are less of a hot commodity...
Old 03-25-2016 | 11:45 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Yep, GTSesses have hit my local dealer's lot!

Carmine...OMG.........
I love it much more on a Macan vs a Cayenne because it's smaller and the one I saw had CF sideblades, it cuts the red a little whereas a Cayenne is BIG and it's a sea of red!

And the low suspension setting for delivery/unload: AWESOME! Like RRSport stance when parked. It looks very very aggressive and very close to the ground and very much hot wagon car and not truck! I know it doesn't ride @ that height, but it doesn't matter, as the driver, when I get to see it, it looks PERFECT!

Now, Night blue.......

There was a '17 S in Night blue.
Still full of wraps. Wet/dirty/iced. Chrome window trim. Beige interior. 18inchers (ie balloon tires) and wheels also wrapped. So really not ideal setup. The paint is nice, but on that car, in these circumstances, pretty dull.
My build is LEDs, 21' Classics in platinum, CF blades, Sport design mirrors. Black trim of course. No roof rails. Not exactly the same sight.

I'm wondering if I won't swing for Carmine...I thought my 991S in Agate was awesome, and it was, but when I traded it in for my Guards GT3, and took pictures, oh did I think it was "boring" next to Guards.

Still not sure about that blue! My build locks in May, plenty of time to see others'!
Old 03-27-2016 | 10:06 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

My sales guy said the hit for no pano could be significant. We will all see.
Old 03-28-2016 | 05:23 PM
jeff968
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white6speed
My sales guy said the hit for no pano could be significant. We will all see.
I doubt it. Look who made the statement, the SALES GUY. Talk about a conflict of interest. Our Macan won't have a pano.
Old 03-28-2016 | 05:31 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

As I said time will tell. The Pano commission for the sales guy is probably mice noise. However it will be a dealer that tells you on trade " if only you had pano your truck would bring X plus." As complex as the ordering/buying process for a Porsche can be I at least want a sales rep I can really trust.
Old 03-28-2016 | 06:50 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Easy enough to check on KBB. A 2015 S with no Pano has a trade in of $51,753 and one with a Pano $52,403. So having the Pano adds $650, or the other way to look at it, not much of a hit. I'm sure you could get low balled because of it. The excuse maybe that it would just be harder to sell.

Quick Reply: Midnight GTS