Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 08:00 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Cautiously optimistic based on previous comments.

The following 2 users liked this post by AlBinVA:
Russian Mafia (05-24-2023), TikiLou (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 10:53 AM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

My hitching a ride on a ship date has just pushed back a month. The car's been at the port for two weeks as of yesterday. Unsurprising given what we've been hearing.
Old 05-24-2023, 01:30 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
My Macan has been at the Emden port for two weeks as of today, waiting for a vessel headed to Benicia. We’ll see what if any delays might take place.
Benicia California?
I wonder why they didn't just put it on a ship headed to San Diego, like mine and Sobphys. Seems our cars arrived at Emden around the same date. It could've been trucked over to Northern Cali within a day, rather than waiting weeks for another ship to the SF Bay Area.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Benicia California?
I wonder why they didn't just put it on a ship headed to San Diego, like mine and Sobphys. Seems our cars arrived at Emden around the same date. It could've been trucked over to Northern Cali within a day, rather than waiting weeks for another ship to the SF Bay Area.
Having witnessed a number of NoCal and UT friends’ Porsche deliveries as well as several of my own, I’m not aware of this having been done. A car going to UT would have to travel a fair distance via truck from either port.

I don’t know the finer points of auto shipping but I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the reason has something to do with $.

Last edited by Russian Mafia; 05-24-2023 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 11:04 PM
CPRHDSRT
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Porsche on order - Gentian Blue 2024 Macan GTS

Honored to join the party here. Look forward to learning a lot (especially on build and actual transport times).

Order has a freeze date of June 4th. Spec is settled in my mind except one minor silly option. Anybody care to chime in on if the "ionizer" really does anything LOL.

Have been blessed with some nice rides in my journey. Still have a bunch but looking forward to experiencing my first Porsche.
Old 05-24-2023, 11:05 PM
Sobphys
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Benicia California?
The ship ours is on will not be going to Benicia according to a schedule I saw. I think Vesslefinder shows the most updated location when the ship is close to land. It's now showing 6/1/2023 arrival in San Diego! Crossing fingers the cars don't get stuck there like they did at Emden.

Last edited by Sobphys; 05-24-2023 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:12 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sobphys
The ship ours is on will not be going to Benicia according to a schedule I saw. I think Vesslefinder shows the most updated location when the ship is close to land. It's now showing 6/1/2023 arrival in San Diego! Crossing fingers the cars don't get stuck there like they did at Emden.
Where does the My Porsche app show your car on the map?

As of May 24, mine is showing just passing the Dominican Republic, not reaching Panama yet. The San Diego ETA is still showing June 7. I'm begging to think perhaps mine is on a different ship, did yours depart Emden on May 10 according to My Porsche?
Old 05-25-2023, 02:18 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Vesslefinder shows the most updated location when the ship is close to land. It's now showing 6/1/2023 arrival in San Diego!
I see that Vesslefinder shows a San Diego ETA of June 1st for the Glovis Cougar. But what does the My Porsche app say for your ETA? Mine still says June 7.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:21 AM
Sobphys
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where does the My Porsche app show your car on the map?

As of May 24, mine is showing just passing the Dominican Republic, not reaching Panama yet. The San Diego ETA is still showing June 7. I'm begging to think perhaps mine is on a different ship, did yours depart Emden on May 10 according to My Porsche?
It's all same for me. Porsche website and the app both show the car icon near the DR (with projected arrival at SD on 6/7), but if I track the ship with websites that are more up to date, the ship has passed the Panama canal yesterday. It looks like the website also stopped updating again once the ship got far away enough from the land (last update as shown below was 5 hours ago).

In any case, Porsche's app and website are definitely slow to update the ship's location.

Last edited by Sobphys; 05-25-2023 at 02:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mspeedster (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 02:25 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Having witnessed a number of NoCal and UT friends’ Porsche deliveries as well as several of my own, I’m not aware of this having been done. A car going to UT would have to travel a fair distance via truck from either port.

I don’t know the finer points of auto shipping but I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that the reason has something to do with $.
OK, I thought you were in CA. If you're in UT it still makes me wonder how Porsche decides on the port, since as you say it's quite a distance either way. This is my second Porsche but the first time I'm ordering one, so it's all new to me.
Russian Mafia (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 02:28 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

It's all same for me. Porsche website and the app both show the car icon near the DR (with projected arrival at SD on 6/7), but if I track the ship with websites that are more up to date, the ship has passed the Panama canal yesterday. It looks like the website also stopped updating again once the ship got far away enough from the land (last update as shown below was 5 hours ago).

In any case, Porsche's app and website are definitely slow to update the ship's location.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes this is consistent with what I'm seeing too. Let's hope everything goes smoothly!
Russian Mafia (05-25-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 07:51 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

The My Porsche Website/App has now caught up with the ship tracking location. As of May 26, My Porsche is showing it passing by Guatemala with an updated San Diego ETA of June 1st.

Last edited by Mspeedster; 05-26-2023 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:13 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Let the record show that six (6) weeks from GTS arrival at the dealership (ordered Nov. 2022), the amp has finally caught up to it!
And of course being the last day of the month......... hopefully in the garage very, very soon.
Old 05-31-2023, 07:24 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by MovingChicane
Let the record show that six (6) weeks from GTS arrival at the dealership (ordered Nov. 2022), the amp has finally caught up to it!
And of course being the last day of the month......... hopefully in the garage very, very soon.
That sux out loud !! Burmester or Bose?
Old 06-03-2023, 11:06 AM
chicagomarketing
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Production has started! It looks like they are ahead of schedule and we might get it in July! 🥳
Russian Mafia (06-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!