Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 09:40 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sobphys
There are a couple of websites but the information appears to be locked behind paywall at all of them. Is your car going to San Diego as well?
Yes, San Diego.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:22 PM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

My GTS arrived at the German port on 5/5 but no update since. Headed to Jacksonville.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:02 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
^Same. My order is also at the German port waiting to be shipped to the US. Showing an estimated May 22nd departure; fingers crossed it departs on time (or maybe sooner?)...
Yay, mine departed early on May 10th! The ship was very close to the English Channel when I checked. Now showing an ETA at San Diego on June 7th.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mspeedster:
Russian Mafia (05-11-2023), TikiLou (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 11:06 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

My GTS completed production last week and got confirmation of Euro delivery (Zuffenhausen) a couple days ago. It will be a bit of a wait until our trip (late August) but I'm not in a rush... doing a driving tour of the Swiss Alps and spending a few days on Lake Como which should make up for the delay.
The following 4 users liked this post by Vise:
ddas1992 (05-12-2023), MovingChicane (05-11-2023), Russian Mafia (05-11-2023), TikiLou (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 01:12 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Is there a way one can tell which ship is used for transport from Emden?
With my prior Porsches, the ships' names were revealed when or just after the cars were loaded at Emden. You did have to pay for a tracking service once the ships departed Euro waters but I was able find and screenshot them going through the Panama Canal based on the info Porsche had given me.
The following users liked this post:
Mspeedster (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
With my prior Porsches, the ships' names were revealed when or just after the cars were loaded at Emden. You did have to pay for a tracking service once the ships departed Euro waters but I was able find and screenshot them going through the Panama Canal based on the info Porsche had given me.
Mine departed from Emdem yesterday, but I don't see anything on the US my.porsche.com website that shows the ship name. Where does Porsche provide this info? Or is there another site that has this?
Old 05-11-2023, 11:49 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
My GTS completed production last week and got confirmation of Euro delivery (Zuffenhausen) a couple days ago. It will be a bit of a wait until our trip (late August) but I'm not in a rush... doing a driving tour of the Swiss Alps and spending a few days on Lake Como which should make up for the delay.
Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but are you keeping the vehicle in Europe or are you going to have it shipped back to Canada after your driving tour? How expensive is that? Does Porsche have anything to do with that, or are you on your own once you collect the vehicle from them?
Old 05-12-2023, 10:36 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
Ok, this is probably a really dumb question, but are you keeping the vehicle in Europe or are you going to have it shipped back to Canada after your driving tour? How expensive is that? Does Porsche have anything to do with that, or are you on your own once you collect the vehicle from them?
No worries. Just google the Porsche European Delivery program as there is lots of information online. Net is, you pick up the vehicle from the factory (either Leipzig or Zuffenhausen) with a half-day presentation + factory/museum tour and Porsche has it plated + insured for you to use in Europe. You drive around for a week or two (or longer) and then drop it back off at the factory or one of the designated drop-off points in Europe. Porsche then ships it back to your home dealer and you pick it up 6-8 weeks later.

It costs $0 and Porsche manages all of the details related to the vehicle and even includes one-night hotel before your pickup and lunch from what I've heard. You're on your own in terms of travel to Germany and any travel plans while you're on your driving tour. Have long planned to do Euro Delivery on a GT3 but given the challenge in getting an allocation the Macan GTS will have to do.
TikiLou (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 10:39 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
No worries. Just google the Porsche European Delivery program as there is lots of information online. Net is, you pick up the vehicle from the factory (either Leipzig or Zuffenhausen) with a half-day presentation + factory/museum tour and Porsche has it plated + insured for you to use in Europe. You drive around for a week or two (or longer) and then drop it back off at the factory or one of the designated drop-off points in Europe. Porsche then ships it back to your home dealer and you pick it up 6-8 weeks later.

It costs $0 and Porsche manages all of the details related to the vehicle and even includes one-night hotel before your pickup and lunch from what I've heard. You're on your own in terms of travel to Germany and any travel plans while you're on your driving tour. Have long planned to do Euro Delivery on a GT3 but given the challenge in getting an allocation the Macan GTS will have to do.
Ok, I'll read more about it, thanks so much.

I'm wondering if driving it to the UK is a no-no since Brexit, hmm.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:13 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Mine departed from Emdem yesterday, but I don't see anything on the US my.porsche.com website that shows the ship name. Where does Porsche provide this info? Or is there another site that has this?
Your Sales Associate ought to be able to answer this. My prior experiences were with Track My Dream which Porsche has since replaced with My Porsche app tracking. I was assuming ship info popped up at some point as I’ve seen other members identify their ships. The My Porsche website provides more detailed info than the apps, at least for me.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:34 PM
Sobphys
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think our cars are on the same boat. The ship's name is Glovis Cougar.
Mspeedster (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 08:31 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

I think our cars are on the same boat. The ship's name is Glovis Cougar.
Cool, we're shipmates!
Thanks for the ship name too! Did the name show up on the My Porsche App? Still can't figure out how to see the ship name.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:22 PM
Sobphys
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, we're shipmates!
Thanks for the ship name too! Did the name show up on the My Porsche App? Still can't figure out how to see the ship name.
The name hasn't shown up on the app. I got it from the sales rep. It's moving very, very slowly.
Mspeedster (05-13-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 05:48 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

My Macan has been at the Emden port for two weeks as of today, waiting for a vessel headed to Benicia. We’ll see what if any delays might take place.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:09 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

The name hasn't shown up on the app. I got it from the sales rep. It's moving very, very slowly.
On the My Porsche app, as of May 23, it shows the location as approaching Puerto Rico. However, according to these two ship tracking sites, the Glovis Cougar has just arrived at Cristobal Panama. So I'm guessing that the Porsche tracking location may not be up to date.
https://shipnext.com/vessel/9451898-glovis-cougar
http://www.shiptraffic.net/current-p...1898/441302000

I'm assuming my Macan is on the same ship as yours, since both are headed to San Diego and I believe left Emden on the same date. But I've not confirmed the ship name with my Porsche sales rep.
Where's the location of yours according to the My Porsche app?

Last edited by Mspeedster; 05-23-2023 at 08:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!