Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 11:28 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
It's been 2 weeks and my wife's Macan is still in "Burmester Amp" jail at the dealer. So frustrating.
You think THAT's frustrating?! My GTS completed production on June 26th and has been sitting at the port in Germany since then! At least 2 ships have come & gone since then. I have no idea why it's just sitting there.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 11:40 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
You think THAT's frustrating?! My GTS completed production on June 26th and has been sitting at the port in Germany since then! At least 2 ships have come & gone since then. I have no idea why it's just sitting there.
Not a competition , but our Macan sat at Emden for nearly 5 weeks as well.

Let's both pray to the P-Car gods.
TikiLou (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 05:52 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Not a competition , but our Macan sat at Emden for nearly 5 weeks as well.

Let's both pray to the P-Car gods.
Agreed!
Old 07-25-2023, 08:08 PM
Basics
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

how do I see the ship details unless one is assigned to me?
Old 07-25-2023, 10:33 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Basics
how do I see the ship details unless one is assigned to me?
I don't think you can...a few weeks back, I happened to see a post somewhere about the Siem Confucius leaving Baltimore / going to Emden / being loaded to head back to Baltimore.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:22 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 855 Likes on 419 Posts

Picked up my car today, drove 15 miles to my PPF/ceramic guys and dropped it off until Friday, hopefully. The car looked crappy on the outside as I’d requested no wash or detail. As hard as it is to wait for ships to move your car, this last bit of waiting is the hardest. Over those 15 miles I have to say I’m blown away already. The GTS tracks incredibly well. The screen and Apple CarPlay is light years better than my 2 year old 992. In general PCM is a big advance. The seats (18 way) are just sublime. Steering is noteworthy, brakes not outstanding but good enough for a car like this, although the SA says there’s a period of getting used to the way the coated brakes work. We’ll see. I didn’t push the Excelerator hard or get the RPMs even to a medium, so acceleration and engine responsiveness remains to be seen. But I can’t wait to get back into the car. I don’t know if I’ll be taking my 992 how much given how well this seems to perform.

Oh….they finally replaced the crappy window switches of the last few years with something legit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Russian Mafia:
rcsting (07-26-2023), TikiLou (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:03 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
The screen and Apple CarPlay is light years better than my 2 year old 992.
This actually surprises me as I thought it was the same PCM as the previous gen Macan (for instance the '21 that I had) and it doesn't have full-screen (full-width) CarPlay, which I thought the 992 does.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:46 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 64 Posts

Picked up my car today, drove 15 miles to my PPF/ceramic guys and dropped it off until Friday, hopefully. The car looked crappy on the outside as I’d requested no wash or detail. As hard as it is to wait for ships to move your car, this last bit of waiting is the hardest. Over those 15 miles I have to say I’m blown away already. The GTS tracks incredibly well. The screen and Apple CarPlay is light years better than my 2 year old 992. In general PCM is a big advance. The seats (18 way) are just sublime. Steering is noteworthy, brakes not outstanding but good enough for a car like this, although the SA says there’s a period of getting used to the way the coated brakes work. We’ll see. I didn’t push the Excelerator hard or get the RPMs even to a medium, so acceleration and engine responsiveness remains to be seen. But I can’t wait to get back into the car. I don’t know if I’ll be taking my 992 how much given how well this seems to perform.

Oh….they finally replaced the crappy window switches of the last few years with something legit.
Worth the wait, hang in there.
You will be happy with the performance once you get past your break in period. I rn in sport mode all the time except when logging highway miles. Regarding the brakes, I find them very responsive. The only thing worth mentioning is if you have to suddenly "stab the pedal" it grabs very quickly and will give you a brief "what just happened" moment.
The GTS is the total driving package IMO.
Russian Mafia (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 12:53 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

This actually surprises me as I thought it was the same PCM as the previous gen Macan (for instance the '21 that I had) and it doesn't have full-screen (full-width) CarPlay, which I thought the 992 does.
My prior experience with Macans was confined to loaners of uncertain vintage, but probably 2019 or 2020 or so. I may not have experienced the 2021. The loaners were like my Cayenne which had lower screen res, mediocre contrast etc. and less functionality than what I experienced in the 2023 Macan GTS. The 2021 992’s CarPlay is so unstable and with such low res, I go with Porsche’s software while reminding myself it doesn’t matter in a 992. Full screen doesn’t help because it’s a little screen.
Worth the wait, hang in there.
You will be happy with the performance once you get past your break in period. I rn in sport mode all the time except when logging highway miles. Regarding the brakes, I find them very responsive. The only thing worth mentioning is if you have to suddenly "stab the pedal" it grabs very quickly and will give you a brief "what just happened" moment.
The GTS is the total driving package IMO.
I can’t wait for break-in to end so I can really enjoy the car. I barely sniffed its potential in that short drive. But it wasn’t hard to absorb how freaking special this car is. The SA who’s been pretty reliable over several purchases echoes what you’re saying about the brakes. I’ll try to locate a vid done by a Porsche engineer describing his method of establishing RPM ranges that increase in steps until red-line at full break-in and why he does that. It’s funner than what’s in the manual which he refers to as a simplification to avoid the complexity of his preferred method. Not everyone’s good at math I guess. I don’t think I’ve driven Porsches for more than a couple of miles not in S or S+. After all…these are Porsches.

Last edited by Russian Mafia; 07-27-2023 at 12:51 PM.
TikiLou (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 03:04 PM
Heli-Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

New guy here, second post on the forum. I've got a '24 Macan GTS on order that is finally on a boat from Germany headed to the west coast, then to Las Vegas. I'm really excited about getting it, but I'm sad to hear that people have a stop sale on their vehicles with the Burmester amp shortage, as that is what I've ordered on mine as well. Hoping we all don't have to wait too long to get the amplifiers...
Old 07-26-2023, 04:12 PM
Basics
Advanced

Originally Posted by Heli-Doc
New guy here, second post on the forum. I've got a '24 Macan GTS on order that is finally on a boat from Germany headed to the west coast, then to Las Vegas. I'm really excited about getting it, but I'm sad to hear that people have a stop sale on their vehicles with the Burmester amp shortage, as that is what I've ordered on mine as well. Hoping we all don't have to wait too long to get the amplifiers...
may I know how are you tracking the ship?
Old 07-26-2023, 05:54 PM
Heli-Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I ordered the car, they started sending me updates of the process along the way via email. I can click on the link, log into the My Porsche account, and see the current status.

According to my dealer, my car is scheduled to arrive to them 08/25.
The following 2 users liked this post by Heli-Doc:
Basics (07-26-2023), chicagomarketing (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 10:20 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

My prior experience with Macans was confined to loaners of uncertain vintage, but probably 2019 or 2020 or so. I may not have experienced the 2021. The loaners were like my Cayenne which had lower screen res, mediocre contrast etc. and less functionality than what I experienced in the 2023 Macan GTS. The 2021 992’s CarPlay is so unstable and with such low res, I go with Porsche’s software while reminding myself it doesn’t matter in a 992. Full screen doesn’t help because it’s a little screen.
I thought both cars have a 10.9" screen.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:00 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

I thought both cars have a 10.9" screen.
The Cayenne has a 12.3”. The practical size difference is greater due to the way the 992 screen uses on screen buttons. The Cayenne screen feels huge to me, the 992 kind of tiny.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:39 PM
Basics
Advanced

I see a ship arrive at Emden - SIEM CICERO, thinking what are the chances that my macan S gets on it.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for Those with a New Macan on Order....Come On In!!!