Macan 2014-Current

Macan Coding

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 06:06 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,356 Likes on 1,397 Posts

First thing that struck me was when I upgraded the software I noticed that either some stuff had moved or simply vanished from a previous iteration. Things I had changed before, like getting rid of the beeps on opening the hatch, were not in the places I had documented but moved elsewhere. Although the BCM is available in Demo mode, it's not on the Macan side. I tried front and rear electronics, rear hatch, DRL's (mostly to do with timing issues). I searched for BCM and there was only one entry dealing with servicing a rear bulb via BCM. I then searched for Scandinavia but got nowhere. Hopefully if someone else finds it they'll give me a nudge. If not I'm due for my courtesy service in May 2021 (picked up the car January of this year) as Porsche agreed that they woudl not force me to drive 800 miles in January. I'll ask the tech then if I haven't found a way around this.

So I take it you're in the UK? Well the offer stands if ever

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 04-16-2020, 02:26 PM
rainer
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Nope, I'm based in Germany.

I took another look into the coding you're looking for in developer mode rather than standard coding mode. Using this mode you typically see the variables and their values in a more raw mode.. maybe that helps.

The ECU in this view is named "BCM vorne E2 Max GT4", (no clue why GT4 is part of that name, it's still the front body control module)
the coding value (variable or byte..) to change is named "Aussenbeleuchtung TFL mit Positions und Schlusslicht" (which means "DRL with side markers & rear lights")
and the value to change is obviously from its default value "nein" to "ja" as this would make the rear lights and side markers run once DRL is on..

If this is possible w/ your device - THIS would be most likely exactly what you aim for... (as in standard coding mode, changing from "US" to "Scandinavia" might take out the side markers which are common in the US but not in Europe (not allowed here).)

Old 04-16-2020, 02:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Herzlichen Dank Herr Rainer!

I'll have a look if there's such an option as Developer Mode with the x431 Pro Mini.

If not, I'll try and send a mail to Launch US and ask them why BCM is not available for the Macan (or Cayenne for that matter - I tried to trick it by selecting Cayenne as a vehicle to see if it would show up there but it doesn't) when it is available in Demo mode.

Again thank you, tschuess

siberian

Old 04-16-2020, 03:07 PM
rainer
Instructor

I don‘t think there‘s a developers mode, it‘s available in Piwis and it reveals many more options than the standard mode while it omits and skips coding rules & logicsl checks Piwis would do in normal mode (used at the dealers shops).

I just used it to see the raw name and values of the coding option you were looking for, and I sometimes use that mode when coding some options not available to the shops...

good luck, it seems you tool is more like a beta version and still under development by the supplier ..
Old 04-16-2020, 03:22 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Indeed there isn't. After a thorough check of the system in both Demo mode as well as passive, there is no BCM module check in the Launch x431 other than the one I mentioned earlier dealing with a rear bulb failure. I've sent the company an email asking if they could or were planning an inclusion of this module, I'll let folks know if they reply.

As of now, I can confirm the x431 does NOT provide the capability to check/modify any variable classified under BCM

Thank you again for your help!

siberian

Old 04-17-2020, 12:11 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My question to CNLaunch: "Do you plan to include the BCM analyzer module for Porsche?"

Reply from CNLaunch: "not yet", thus confirming my above post.

Contact person who was asked to reply to my query is Mr. Mingyong Hu mingyong.hu@cnlaunch.com

Trying via the Alaska PCA to see if there are any members in the area that have a PIWIS once the social distancing ceases.

siberian

Old 04-18-2020, 02:22 PM
djrez4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sad to report that the ThinkDiag does not perform coding functions.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:29 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Would it be of interest to start a new thread centralizing all analyzers with their capabilities (or lack thereof)?

siberian

Old 04-19-2020, 02:58 PM
sterod
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rainer
Interesting inputs.

Just to share quickly which mods I was able to code on my MY17 Macan, using Piwis:

- lowered air suspension by 32mm
- retrofitted a heated steering wheel
- retrofitted a OEM backup camera (PDC was in car, but w/o cam)
- Upgrade from PDLS to PDLS+ (since front camera and lights are the same) just by coding
- Memo function for the Start/Stop function (set to „last mode“) - this was the most annoying „feature“ ..
- Option of 22“ wheels (in TPMS menu)
- Option to automatically fold in rearview mirrors when locking the car. Unfolds when starting the car.
- some additional menus in the dash cluster, e.g. Power / Torque
- eliminate seat belt warning (just for testing) in dash cluster
Can you tell me what PDLS+ gives you and what section it is enabled in?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:01 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

PDLS+ gives you cornering lights and auto dimming for on coming traffic IIRC

siberian

Old 04-19-2020, 03:25 PM
rainer
Instructor

not exactly.

Cornering lights is already part of PDLS standard.
The „+“ converts the cornering lights to intersection lighting, thus when you get near an intersection both sides come on, triggered by the GPS nav function.

Auto dimming function is added as well as already stated by siberian. In my case, it works in multiple stages (zones). thus, high beam is not just simply switched on or off but lowered down depending on where the oncoming traffic is identified by the front cam. Better than I expected even with my xenons.

Both functions can be coded independently BTW. Coding has to change some settings
- fog lights (code from simple fog light to intersection)
- front cam
- headlights

if I recall correctly

Originally Posted by siberian
PDLS+ gives you cornering lights and auto dimming for on coming traffic IIRC

siberian

The following users liked this post:
JUN6817 (05-30-2023)
Old 04-19-2020, 06:26 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
Would it be of interest to start a new thread centralizing all analyzers with their capabilities (or lack thereof)?

siberian

I think this is a great idea... Maybe even create a shared document in Google Docs or something where we can record functions discovered, missing, etc. from the different tools and vehicles.

I can't remember where it was specifically, but I found a Ford forum not too long ago and they had a shared spreadsheet with all the codes necessary to enable certain features through the Ford tool. I was amazed at how much info they had collected and documented. I think something like that could be just as beneficial as the DIY sections here, as these vehicles are getting to the point where you need some sort of scan tool to do even basic maintenance.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:49 AM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rainer
Interesting inputs.

Just to share quickly which mods I was able to code on my MY17 Macan, using Piwis:

- lowered air suspension by 32mm
- retrofitted a heated steering wheel
- retrofitted a OEM backup camera (PDC was in car, but w/o cam)
- Upgrade from PDLS to PDLS+ (since front camera and lights are the same) just by coding
- Memo function for the Start/Stop function (set to „last mode“) - this was the most annoying „feature“ ..
- Option of 22“ wheels (in TPMS menu)
- Option to automatically fold in rearview mirrors when locking the car. Unfolds when starting the car.
- some additional menus in the dash cluster, e.g. Power / Torque
- eliminate seat belt warning (just for testing) in dash cluster

Hi - can you tell me the settings you used to do this "Memo function for the Start/Stop function"?
Also did the power and torque gauges ever fully work for you? I think the grey section is meant to change when accelerating?

I am trying to also find away to set rearview camera/park assist so I can switch it on at higher speed? (currently you can only manually switch on at speeds lower than 10mph)
Old 11-26-2020, 02:22 PM
rainer
Instructor

Start/Stop is fairly easy.

The coding needs to be done in 4 ECUs (if I recall correctly Tiptronic, Aircon, PCM, and Power control).

the quick and easy way:

just select ALL ECUs in Piwis and de-select the ones which are definitely irrelevant (such as doors, DME, hatch, ..). Then you‘re sure you code them all together (process will be automated, sequentially ECU by ECU as you will see).

once selection has been done, select „Coding“ and scroll down to the Start/Stop option. It can be set to on, off, or Last Mode.

select Last Mode and press F12.

the option will be coded and the switch remembers its last setting. Done.

if you‘re uncertain which modules to code - just select all of them and de-select the DME (as DME does not get coded), then code them all.
just takes some seconds more because all ECUs will be read out, even though only 4 of them will be altered...

have fun!

Originally Posted by don16
Hi - can you tell me the settings you used to do this "Memo function for the Start/Stop function"?
Also did the power and torque gauges ever fully work for you? I think the grey section is meant to change when accelerating?

I am trying to also find away to set rearview camera/park assist so I can switch it on at higher speed? (currently you can only manually switch on at speeds lower than 10mph)
Old 11-26-2020, 02:43 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Please note that AFAIK disabling *** will not longer be possible as of 2021 models.

siberian

Quick Reply: Macan Coding