Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Official EV Macan Discussion - Launch on 25/01/24

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 04:00 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 248 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by Jeff Whitten:
PSPJames (02-09-2024), TC Cruising (02-09-2024)
Old 02-09-2024, 10:50 PM
Cjkboots
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooked

I bought a taycan turbo and lived with until my 911 gts came in. That said, my day to day for the last 6 years was a macan gts, which I traded in September for a 2024 cayenne s as I was tired of waiting for the macan ev. I like the cayenne, but I missed the macan so much that I ordered the macan turbo the second it became available. Fingers crossed, I loved the taycan but couldn’t deal with the lack of range. I really think and hope that it will be exactly what a porsche needs for a daily commuter that can still rip. I test drove the Tesla’s and just couldn’t live with the lack of quality you get in a porsche. Did I jump the gun on the macan turbo or am I on the right track?
Old 02-09-2024, 11:39 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

I think you made exactly the right decision for your usage pattern and your wants/wishes. Your Macan T will be a rocket, for as we know the actual 0-60 times from automedia will be under three seconds.

We know you will really ENJOY your new ride.
The following users liked this post:
Cjkboots (02-09-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjkboots
I bought a taycan turbo and lived with until my 911 gts came in. That said, my day to day for the last 6 years was a macan gts, which I traded in September for a 2024 cayenne s as I was tired of waiting for the macan ev. I like the cayenne, but I missed the macan so much that I ordered the macan turbo the second it became available. Fingers crossed, I loved the taycan but couldn’t deal with the lack of range. I really think and hope that it will be exactly what a porsche needs for a daily commuter that can still rip. I test drove the Tesla’s and just couldn’t live with the lack of quality you get in a porsche. Did I jump the gun on the macan turbo or am I on the right track?
I share your love of the Macan GTS. We have a 2018 and had a 2023. Sadly the 2023 was totaled in an accident last year. I too considered the Cayenne but it was just too big and didn’t drive like the Macan GTS.

New Taycan also just announced with better range.

I have the Macan EV Turbo on order, and I’m sure the driving experience will be great as it always is. I think you’re on the right track. 👍🏻

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Official EV Macan Discussion - Launch on 25/01/24