Notices

NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to give you guys more ideas on what else can be done... we can totally stiff up the cage more, upgrade the engine from 1.8 to 2 liters with OUT any weight penalty. currently the car makes 193 whp... we expect at least 215 whp out of the 2 liter 10-15% increase in torque curve. still have to build the front splitter, not sure how much that really helps...

but more performance can be had from a better LSD and braking for now. since that's not even optimized yet. the priority will be to increase the slowest corners of the track first.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

For now, Frank, I'd save my money and concentrate on the nut behind the wheel. I would, however, upgrade that diff. It sounds like a glorified open diff -- much like the Viscous diffs some SM racers use (waste of money). That alone will help cut your lap times down. Put that in, get used to it through lots of practice, and I bet by the August race at Thunderhill you'll shave a second or maybe two. I hope to be at that race, btw! I can't wait!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

there's this cheap company called OBX they knock off lot of things. so like, they knock off the Quaife and sells them for $350 street price. it works pretty damn well.

well, i scored a free diff from them heheh. just have to install it. also courting this company call Carbonetics they have these trick clutch pack LSD with trick carbon-carbon discs... they are working with one of my friends on some marketing projects... might be able to score one of those cheap or frwwwweeeee. maybe a tech article on it or something. we shall see.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, with an LSD, I'd not go for the cheap -- but rather, for the one that is a proven winner. However, since you got it for free, go for it. And you can install it yourself as long as they've already made the lash adjustment. It's just four bolts on each axle stub. Twenty minute job, tops. Be sure and use your torque wrench. And don't forget to support the diff to save possible damage to the axles (I use a jack).
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Excuses, excuses, theoretical best laptimes, excuses, excuses....
Old 07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Excuses, excuses, theoretical best laptimes, excuses, excuses....
yah yah, lets see what yours will be when:

- you fail to show for GCC07
- when i smoked your *** in GCC07
Old 07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

I've never claimed that I would show up for your theoretical track event...so I need no excuses. You, on the other hand, seem to have a great need for excuses since you've made so many claims about your "Pro" driving abilities while demonstrating no ability to back them up.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually, Bryan doesn't need excuses. You HAVE seen his race records, haven't you? Not insulting anyone, just pointing out what should be the obvious.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer

Frank,

I can understand why newbies are off pace during a w2w race. I have problems myself learning how to deal with issues like how to pass faster cars who are slower through the corners. It can be very disheartening to know that you are a good driver, but then lack the racecraft to be on the podium when you are confident that you someday will be. It is frustrating.

But what I cannot understand is how you can be so cocky and arrogant when you get smoked on the track. Do you think a pro would do as badly as you did if he or she were driving your car? I really doubt it. The hallmark of a pro is to be able to drive the snot out of whatever he or she is given. Could they be faster with better equipment? Sure, but the difference between competent drivers and pros is, in part, adaptability.

I don't understand why you are so cocky to others and so sure of yourself whenever you do poorly in the few races in which you have participated.

When I hear the others rip you for your results, it makes me feel a little bad for you, and then you go and say something totally outrageous that snaps me back to reality.

TD
Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer

Most of us here in this forum are proving to be far more competitive in our respective classes than you are in yours. What makes you think you would be able to beat any of us when the evidence is showing otherwise?
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Men are all the same.

Back tothe topic at hand.

Looking at those numbers I think it's safe to say Greg Fishman will have S10,000 coming his way in a few years.
Counting the days....

I would suspect that any decent driver worthy of a professional ride could at least do better than 9 seconds off the pace.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman

I would suspect that any decent driver worthy of a professional ride could at least do better than 9 seconds off the pace.
***ROFL. I remember my first race -- I was about 12 seconds behind the leader. Talk about embarrassing. Oh well, somebody has to be last place. Actually, I wasn't even last place. One guy was incredibly slow (close to 20 seconds off the leader), and two guys broke. So I guess I wasn't last place, but only by mostly default.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:00 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice job Frankie.

First time you finished two races in one weekend.

At this rate you race one weekend every couple years (2003 Willow Springs, 2005 Thunderhill, 2007 Infineon).

Seems like you had decient lower mid pack results. If you want to pro however and not just "buy a seat" you will need to be alot faster.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Counting the days....

In my very first race in Speed World Challenge, in a car I had never driven at race pace before, I was only 3 seconds off the pace being driven by the BEST IN THE WORLD: Pierre Kleinubing, Randy Pobst, Peter Cunningham, Charles Espenlaub, and Jeff Altenburg. At a track I had been to only ONCE before.

Francis, YOU SUCK. BADLY.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Dammit, Dave, you just made me feel bad. Lol. I'm using the "it's because I'm a chick" card in regards to my first race. We tend to want to LIVE, and finish without injury. You men tend to be crazy rail riders. I need to work on getting my nerve up this year. I'm WAY too polite during races. I hope to get out to the August race at Thunderhill. So meanwhile -- you guys need to help me boost up and take more risks so I can actually take the podium for the first time in two years.

Quick Reply: NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.