Notices

NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Not my intent, and sorry if I did, Bonni. My intent was to show GhettoSlowAsMolasses just how BAD he really is, despite 12 years of going ot the track. Those guys I mentioned have talent I will never EVER possess, yet a mere 3 years after my first-ever DE as a green student, I was only 3 seconds behind them. While I was extremely disappointed at that (I figured I would be at least a second quicker, despite zero time in the car), and had a stellar start that made up for a lot of that (before getting rammed off track), I am told it ain't that bad. It sure ain't 9 seconds off the pace.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Not my intent, and sorry if I did, Bonni. My intent was to show GhettoSlowAsMolasses just how BAD he really is, despite 12 years of going ot the track. Those guys I mentioned have talent I will never EVER possess, yet a mere 3 years after my first-ever DE as a green student, I was only 3 seconds behind them. While I was extremely disappointed at that (I figured I would be at least a second quicker, despite zero time in the car), and had a stellar start that made up for a lot of that (before getting rammed off track), I am told it ain't that bad. It sure ain't 9 seconds off the pace.
Nearly anyone can get within 5 seconds. God is in the last two . . .
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Nearly anyone...except Francis.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No worries, Dave, I didn't take it that way at all. I was joking, but thanks for checking.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "Ignoring GhettoDumbAss" didn't last long
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lol, LW. There is one thread (the Mike's Martini Challenge -- MMC07) where we are not talking about, nor responding if he posts. Check it out -- it's full of humor.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah... it is a selective "Ignore"
Old 07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Andrie Hartanto
Track Day

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
I'm totally confident I can get the car into the 1:52 or 1:51's with out too much $. I was on well worn RA1's stamped in 2002. When Andrie ran 1:52's in this car he was on fresh 225/45/15's shaved. Like I said, have some patience. a LOT more to come.

Everyone else had a nice support crew and tow'ed their car to the track. I was a 1 man wrecking crew and I drove my car to the track and droved it home. I'm very happy with how well the weekend went.
I got pointed to here by someone who mentioned my name is thrown around.

Here are the facts:
1. I turned 1:52.xx (if I'm not mistaken it was 1:52.5) at Infineon with the car you ran now in official Honda Challenge weekend. You can check it on mylaps, as it should still registered under that transponder. However, my personal best was high 1:51s in one of the test days.
2. Those were done with 205/50/15 tires as at that time 225/45/15 were ot available.
3. I was cheap and just starting out at that time. The tires were far from fresh. Even until now, I run old tires and some of them are dated in 2004, although I am running out of them maybe by next event.
4. I also drove the car to and from the track. It was still registered on the street and I was also a 1 man show.
5. The car has less power than you have now. As when I ran it, it was still stock type-R motor with Toda B cams. Nothing else was changed. The HP figure at dynospot racing was 180 whp. You have a built bottom end with much higher compression and more cams.

Now, this is not meant to bash you, I'm just stating facts.
We never see eye to eye, but I certainly won't get involve in bashing you over the internet. There are plenty of it around and some might say you brought it upon yourself. However, I sincerely hope you improve. If you don't mind taking advice, you might want to look into the mirror for improvements as we both know the car is capable the way it is. Stop looking for excuses, and just work on improvng your driving. Again, I'm not bashing, just offering some advice. If my advice is not welcome, I'm sorry and I won't offer anymore.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:26 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

no bashing dude. thanks for setting the facts straight.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

this crowd makes me giggle. hahahhaa. i love yall too.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

uh oh, reality is closing in again
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Andrie! Nice to see you on the list, even if it is only to verify your reputation as an outstanding driver (okay, that last part I added -- but everbody that's ever raced with you knows it). You had some great lap times last weekend! And this was in a car that wasn't tuned-up? Wow. I wonder if you could have broke 1:50 with a better car?

I just booked a flight to visit Florida, so I'll be gone the last half of July, but hopefully I'll see you in August at Thunderhill. I'll likely be hanging out with Barry Thompson ("Kiwi"), Mike Haag, and Mark Van Midde . . . come by and say hello! Good luck at the races!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andrie Hartanto
I got pointed to here by someone who mentioned my name is thrown around.

Here are the facts:
1. I turned 1:52.xx (if I'm not mistaken it was 1:52.5) at Infineon with the car you ran now in official Honda Challenge weekend. You can check it on mylaps, as it should still registered under that transponder. However, my personal best was high 1:51s in one of the test days.
2. Those were done with 205/50/15 tires as at that time 225/45/15 were ot available.
3. I was cheap and just starting out at that time. The tires were far from fresh. Even until now, I run old tires and some of them are dated in 2004, although I am running out of them maybe by next event.
4. I also drove the car to and from the track. It was still registered on the street and I was also a 1 man show.
5. The car has less power than you have now. As when I ran it, it was still stock type-R motor with Toda B cams. Nothing else was changed. The HP figure at dynospot racing was 180 whp. You have a built bottom end with much higher compression and more cams.

Now, this is not meant to bash you, I'm just stating facts.
We never see eye to eye, but I certainly won't get involve in bashing you over the internet. There are plenty of it around and some might say you brought it upon yourself. However, I sincerely hope you improve. If you don't mind taking advice, you might want to look into the mirror for improvements as we both know the car is capable the way it is. Stop looking for excuses, and just work on improvng your driving. Again, I'm not bashing, just offering some advice. If my advice is not welcome, I'm sorry and I won't offer anymore.

Thermonuclear ownage.

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Andrie Hartanto
Track Day

Bonnie,
To tell you the truth, I was kind of dissapointed with the weekend. I wasn't able to go 100% due to axle problem. My previous record with the current car at Sears was 1:49.8x. I know the car is capable, it was me not having the confident of pushing it 100% was the problem last weekend.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

That is such a bummer, Andrie! So did you DNF both days? It shows you with the best time, but way too few laps to have completed the race. Get those axles fixed! I'll see you in August.

Quick Reply: NEWSFLASH Ghettochicken went and actually raced. Mylaps proof.