Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

'Nuff said.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:27 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The members of this forum has gone out of their ways to interfere in the past (harass Julia for example). I will post results/write ups as the events occur regardless of finishing position. I was suppose to go home to race Honda Challenge this weekend but I decided to stay in Japan to watch the Round 1 of Super GT/JGTC race @ Suzuka on March 16/17/18... Honda Challenge and Honda Cup are just club racing... so they are not terribly important to me.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Now I have seen it all. Francis gets a restraining order slapped on him by Julia, and WE are HARASSING her?

Bwhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Methinks Francis should stay in the Land of the Gaijin Haters, lest he be arrested by US immigration...
Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CORRECTED:

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
The members of this forum HAVE gone out of their ways to stop me from bothering young ladies in the past (harass Julia for example), so I'm sure they will make certain that I don't try that with you. I will post results/write ups as the events occur in my Theater of The Mind, making up stories and trying to convince people of some fantom results. I was suppose to go home to race Honda Challenge this weekend but I decided to stay in Japan to take a temp job as a House Boy... Honda Challenge and Honda Cup are club racing... and they would never let me in anyway.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Honda Challenge and Honda Cup are just club racing... so they are not terribly important to me.
Ha...considering your experience, which is just a tab above ZERO, this comment is insanely comical. You've run what, 1 or 2 club races and totaled two cars in the process and you're now done with club racing and ready to move on? I've read it all now.

A) You're driving sucks, so I seriously doubt your ability to turn a fast lap.

B) Even if you can turn a fast lap, you know absolutely nothing about racecraft and actually racing.

Let me know how it turns out. I expect you'll be winning FIA GT races by the end of the year.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
CORRECTED:
LMFAO
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts

Let me know how it turns out. I expect you'll be winning FIA GT races by the end of the year.
I'm certain that in his Theater of The Mind he has already won a few FIA GT races!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Honda Challenge and Honda Cup are just club racing... so they are not terribly important to me.
How could they not be important to you? Are you planning to turn pro with no W2W experience? Even if that were possible (licensing requirements) do you seriously think that's a prescription for success? If you manage to get into a pro race with no W2W experience you'll be eaten alive!! Can you even show me one driver who went on directly from DE to become a successful paid pro driver? No? That's because there aren't any. Believe me, if pro racing is your goal, then club racing should be important to you.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I have to agree . . . it is a REQUIREMENT in at least the SCCA Pro Racing series that you complete one season at the regional level. I know . . . recall, I raced in the Pro Racing series. And yes, you WILL be eaten alive, even if you're a superior driver (which admittedly, I'm not -- I'm good, but not THAT good). When you run against guys like Randy Pobst, Ed Zabinsky, Justin Hall, etc., you are running against serious competition. And if you make mistakes around those guys, your career could very well be shot down in one little 45-minute race.

BW
Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Jim Child
How could they not be important to you? Are you planning to turn pro with no W2W experience? Even if that were possible (licensing requirements) do you seriously think that's a prescription for success? If you manage to get into a pro race with no W2W experience you'll be eaten alive!! Can you even show me one driver who went on directly from DE to become a successful paid pro driver? No? That's because there aren't any. Believe me, if pro racing is your goal, then club racing should be important to you.
I'm still going to go through club racing this year. By not important, I just mean it isn't important to me personally to attend every club event. So for example, to me the chance to attend Japan's top level racing - the Super GT/JGTC (these are million dollar race cars, highly engineered production cars... maybe even more so than DTM, or at least it is similar) is more important than club racing back home. that's why I'm staying here until March 22nd.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

So for example, to me the chance to attend Japan's top level racing - the Super GT/JGTC (these are million dollar race cars, highly engineered production cars... maybe even more so than DTM, or at least it is similar) is more important than club racing back home. that's why I'm staying here until March 22nd.
And now we see your level of "commitment". A real racer would be at home racing rather than watching a race that he could catch on TV...especially one who has no experience and a goal to be Pro racing by the end of the season. I hate attending races as a spectator anymore. I've been out there racing in front of the crowds, so going to watch a race just serves to annoy the hell out of me that I don't have the funds to be out there.

Keep talking...the more you talk, the more transparent you become (which is hard, considering you as opaque as the lexan in my race car already).
Old 03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

How long have you been racing son? And how many events? I'm moving to Japanese next year to race. I'm setting things up. It seems like you have no clue about long term planning.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

How long have you been racing son?
6 years, at various levels...SCCA Club/National/Pro, Star Mazda, BMW CCA CR, NASA. I did my first DE in 1998 and my first race in 2000. Qualified on pole of my first Pro event in 2002, 2 years to the month after my first club race. No one is throwing rides at me, so they sure aren't going to be offering you anything. You've had 10 years to get your crap together and you're still running DE's claiming to be just one step away from being a career race car driver.

I'm moving to Japanese next year to race. I'm setting things up. It seems like you have no clue about long term planning.
You're moving to a language? You're setting up a ride in JGTC based on what? Driving student cars at DE's? It's been a REALLY long term of planning if you've been wanting to race for 10+ years and you still haven't gotten around to it.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

No son, I've been practicing for 12 years. The only reason I don't race is not lack of talent, but lack of money. I instruct so I can go to tons of practices for free. But like many have said, there is still some difference between DE and w2w...

One of the things that happen in the past was that, lot of ppl hated me because I got sponsors even tough I was doing only DE. They often club race for 1 year or 2 and then they are done because they did not think it through. Sponsorship is all about THEM not you. It's about ROI. Start thinking like that, maybe you will get somewhere. There are PLENTY of racers with decent talents. To me, road racing is easy ****, esp. production car based. Anybody who is willing to put down the effort and train hard can achieve great skills. But not everybody can be as marketable as me....
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

No son, I've been practicing for 12 years. The only reason I don't race is not lack of talent, but lack of money. I instruct so I can go to tons of practices for free. But like many have said, there is still some difference between DE and w2w...

One of the things that happen in the past was that, lot of ppl hated me because I got sponsors even tough I was doing only DE. They often club race for 1 year or 2 and then they are done because they did not think it through. Sponsorship is all about THEM not you. It's about ROI. Start thinking like that, maybe you will get somewhere. There are PLENTY of racers with decent talents. To me, road racing is easy ****, esp. production car based. Anybody who is willing to put down the effort and train hard can achieve great skills. But not everybody can be as marketable as me....
This is some of teh funniest crap I've read.

Quick Reply: Why HONDA is #1