Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:17 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

so what is the price of this X51 4.0L conversion?
do you add stages 1-3?
looks like >$30k?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Probably in the neighborhood of trading for a new well optioned GT4. Much cheaper than trading to a GT3.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Probably in the neighborhood of trading for a new well optioned GT4. Much cheaper than trading to a GT3.

I think you are right
traded my GT3 today...market is soft.
drove my GT4 over to dealer to sign the papers....what a great car...really love it, even with the weak hp/tq below 3500.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
I think you are right
traded my GT3 today...market is soft.
drove my GT4 over to dealer to sign the papers....what a great car...really love it, even with the weak hp/tq below 3500.
I think that dip in the power band is what gives it character in the rev range.
But the extra power package is very appealing.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:00 AM
drabe
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Always looking forward to what John has up his sleeve. Like being in a candy store
Old 08-12-2018, 11:28 AM
mousecatcher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by switchface
I'm guessing its ~$1k per direction to ship a car cross-country
maybe 10 years ago
Old 08-12-2018, 02:20 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
maybe 10 years ago
I looked into it earlier this spring. $1800 each way from northwestern Montana.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:23 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

The way I look at it though, if I'm going to spend $30-40 large then I'll spend another $3500-4000 to have it done right. I can't drive my car for 4-5 months a year anyways up here. Maybe send it down in December and have it ready to go for the Jan Daytona event? Epic mods and bucket list track experience. Win win.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:28 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
so what is the price of this X51 4.0L conversion?
do you add stages 1-3?
looks like >$30k?
I can price it out again for you guys tomorrow. The Stage 1 stuff has come down slightly, the Power Kit pricing has stayed the same as have the 4.0L bits. I can do a revised Stage 1 - 3 quote!

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I think that's what I've been telling myself because folks are beginning to analyze it like that and I can't blame them because that's how I would look at it. That assumes decent trade-in value for the GT4 and no premium for the new, right? I think our numbers jive..

Originally Posted by drabe
Always looking forward to what John has up his sleeve. Like being in a candy store
I gotta find ways to keep this thread interesting!

Originally Posted by sdillon
I think that's about right. It seems to depend on what's going where. If it's busy season for the snowbirds, trips up and down the east coast vary price wise. Montana is probably more expensive than LA to Florida and back.

The way I look at it though, if I'm going to spend $30-40 large then I'll spend another $3500-4000 to have it done right. I can't drive my car for 4-5 months a year anyways up here. Maybe send it down in December and have it ready to go for the Jan Daytona event? Epic mods and bucket list track experience. Win win.
Maybe it's finally time for the Stage III group buy! We can rent our own transporter and pick up from a central location and then you guys that are snowed in and come to Florida in February for a cabin fever shakedown at the world's bumpiest track Sebring International Raceway! We get a big turn out for Daytona for the Audi Club event in December and that's why I plan to bring Colonel Mustard back to try and beat the all time Cayman closed circuit mph record for a U.S. based road course. Actually the Colonel already went 175mph but with the aero and the individual flap control I now have from Cobb for the dual stage intake manifold, I am confident we can get to 178ish! With a draft of 2 or more GT4s though with 4.0Ls we could totally do it!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:39 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
I can price it out again for you guys tomorrow. The Stage 1 stuff has come down slightly, the Power Kit pricing has stayed the same as have the 4.0L bits. I can do a revised Stage 1 - 3 quote!

I think that's what I've been telling myself because folks are beginning to analyze it like that and I can't blame them because that's how I would look at it. That assumes decent trade-in value for the GT4 and no premium for the new, right? I think our numbers jive..

I gotta find ways to keep this thread interesting!

I think that's about right. It seems to depend on what's going where. If it's busy season for the snowbirds, trips up and down the east coast vary price wise. Montana is probably more expensive than LA to Florida and back.

Maybe it's finally time for the Stage III group buy! We can rent our own transporter and pick up from a central location and then you guys that are snowed in and come to Florida in February for a cabin fever shakedown at the world's bumpiest track Sebring International Raceway! We get a big turn out for Daytona for the Audi Club event in December and that's why I plan to bring Colonel Mustard back to try and beat the all time Cayman closed circuit mph record for a U.S. based road course. Actually the Colonel already went 175mph but with the aero and the individual flap control I now have from Cobb for the dual stage intake manifold, I am confident we can get to 178ish! With a draft of 2 or more GT4s though with 4.0Ls we could totally do it!

now you have me attention
Old 08-13-2018, 03:52 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Actually the Colonel already went 175mph but with the aero and the individual flap control I now have from Cobb for the dual stage intake manifold, I am confident we can get to 178ish!
Whoa, is there a new tune for the X51!? Since I switched to the GT3 center exhaust I've been thinking it might be worth seeing if the dyno shows any new hp and/or if it's worth seeing if optimizing the tune for the new exhaust. It sure sounds faster and flames at night are cool....
Old 08-13-2018, 10:23 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Whoa, is there a new tune for the X51!? Since I switched to the GT3 center exhaust I've been thinking it might be worth seeing if the dyno shows any new hp and/or if it's worth seeing if optimizing the tune for the new exhaust. It sure sounds faster and flames at night are cool....
Hey John...you see....I'm not the only "monster" you have created!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2018, 02:40 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
maybe 10 years ago
You're right, that was the last time I shipped a car.

Good to know.

I can price it out again for you guys tomorrow....Maybe it's finally time for the Stage III group buy! We can rent our own transporter and pick up from a central location and then you guys that are snowed in and come to Florida in February for a cabin fever shakedown at the world's bumpiest track Sebring International Raceway!
I don't have the funds for this, but I can't say that I'm not super intrigued by a stage 3 group buy + Sebring track day!
Old 08-13-2018, 08:51 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

If I drive Sebring, I'm gonna want that new LSD too. ;-) All joking aside, I'm intrigued as well.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Hey buddy...I was able to get Cobb to give me some access to some tables that allowed me to make something more tailored for the X51. It involves moving some wires around and hooking up a thing or two. I told Rick I would walk him through what to do so you should make an appointment with him to get the update. This was something I waited on for a while with Cobb and they delivered, as they always do.

Quick Reply: GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!