Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR
View Poll Results: What will the Base Price of the new 718 GT4 be?
Up to 98,000 USD - the Base price is only taking a $10k increase
42.38%
$98,001 to 108,000 - the Base price is getting up to $20k increase
44.37%
$108,001 to 118,000 - the Base price is getting up to $30k increase
9.93%
Above $118,001 - the Base price is getting a serious increase but it is a Hell of a car
3.31%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

718 GT4 BASE PRICE - YOUR GUESS

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:14 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Grant,

first, I don't consider myself a joker.

Second, I'd agree with you that speculation does no good but the entire "718 GT4?" thread has been nothing but speculation. With over 1.9 million views, I think it's safe to say there was an abundance of interest in the next GT4 (some were even saying there would not be another GT4)

Of course, Porsche checks it out....and judging by the fierce criticism, maybe they will quit looking at that thread

I was one who selected $108,700 as the "new price" https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/1144...l#post15895525

Purely speculation as my dealer wouldn't even tell me the time of day if I asked and I don't know anyone in the auto industry or anyone who works in Germany

But I did my "guess" based on Petevb's chart, trying to interpret where pricing would be given that most cleaning ladies said the car would have 420 hp
it's kinda hard to interpret exactly where on that chart the pricing would be but I figured around $100k to $110k
also, the demand for the original GT4 exceeded anything that was planned and left some enthusiasts with ill feelings when they couldn't get one

lots has happened in the interim but I thought Porsche had a clear winner with the GT4 (they must have thought so, too! and that's probably why the price increased so much)
maybe they have another clear winner with the 718 GT4 & Spyder and the dealers will all get fat bank accounts by charging ADMs, time for more speculation
I'm not a believer in paying ADMs so I'll wait it out or just take a pass

based on the same Petevb chart, I think there's plenty of room for a GT4RS, just put it in there near 992 Carrera S territory, slighty above
I'd guess 450 hp and $125k base price (I think Pete has intentionally made his chart somewhat nebulous simply so you can't draw too specific conclusions, but he has a clear theory of the Porsche pecking order and it seems logical that a GT4RS will fit in there because there's plenty of room between the GT4 and the GT3)

of course, this is all speculation! but I don't think I'm a joker
Porsche probably had all this figured out years ago, I don't think they listen to me or anyone else on rennlist
if they did, they would have had a much, much better color selection for the new GT4 and Spyder!

I suspect they've already figured out the pricing for the next GT3, my guess is $165,000 (about 15% increase, bigger than the norm)
they need to resolve the ADM pricing issue or risk losing a lot of enthusiasts

without speculation where would rennlist be?

cheers,
Steve

Originally Posted by GrantG
And maybe the jokers who expected such high prices for the first GT4 only affected this 718 version's price. But in any case, it probably does some harm (and certainly does no good).
Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
I hate to say it, but I think your right. We all shot ourselves in the foot for this 718 GT4. . From what it sounds like with all of the current GT4 owners not feeling the need to upgrade. And all of the talk about it not being limited.
Porsche will be second guessing this pricing strategy after the initial orders wear off
+1

&

No they won't since the mothership needs to recoup per the post below and/or the future proposed tariffs.

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ I guess no more WW2 discount

Or VW is trying to make up all the dieselgate costs
Old 06-19-2019, 09:43 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,052 Likes on 2,850 Posts

Steve - I apologize for name-calling you or anyone else. Just venting some frustration that US pricing seems to be accelerating relative to other markets and I suspect that the high prices that have been speculated about on the board has contributed.

It’s self-destructive. Yes, it’s fun to BS and speculate about future models, but it’s not worth thousands of dollars to me. Why not speculate on the downside of price and help our cause?

If the 992 GT3 sees a price increase like the 4, I will have to forego my planned purchase and European trip. Yes, first world problem, but I’d really like to be able to do it without moving into a van down by the river
Old 06-19-2019, 11:04 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

yes, great idea!

and no issues with venting!

think less speculation would be a good thing

Originally Posted by GrantG
Why not speculate on the downside of price and help our cause?

Quick Reply: 718 GT4 BASE PRICE - YOUR GUESS