Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4/Spyder timing

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:03 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
That is over a $24k price increase from last iteration base price of $84k.
I know Porsche probably watched USA ADMs grow (I paid $21.5k ADM) on the 2016 model and dealers got fat.
Porsche Corporate are saavy enough not to mistakenly price it too low again as dealers just gobble it up in ADMs and that gives no buyers a feeling of good will..
I guess we'll finally know what the planned PAG pricing strategy is going forward.
I'm sure they have an idea of what "equilibrium" should be

we know the dealers were pissed when they watched customers walk out the door with an MSRP car and flip it for a handy profit (some probably did it more than once, or twice or...…..)
then, we know the customers were pissed when the dealers became the flippers, charging sky-high ADMs
all of this is an unintended consequence of PAG's or PCNA's decision to create the VIP program

it's not like the GT4 is the only manual game in town now, but there were lots of folks who wanted a PDK GT4 the first time around (I'm one), how many 30% to 40%?
I think the ADM games create sufficient ill will that more customers will look elsewhere (it won't be long before the "place to look" is electric or hybrid)
if the base price is below $100k, the dealers will keep playing the ADM games

so, base price goes up more than in previous iterations, ADMs go away or are reduced, and most importantly, everyone who wants one, gets one
I'm sticking with earlier guess of $108,700 for GT4 and GT4RS at $125,000 which puts it well below the new 992 GT3 that will price around $165,000

the nextl pricing question is whether the Spyder comes in above or below the GT4
if the Spyder has the same aero, suspension and motor as the GT4, will it cost more?
will the Boxster 6 (or Touring) be priced the same as the Spyder? will the Cayman 6 be priced the same as the GT4? is it just a GT4 Touring version or some toned down version of GT4 at a lower price point?

I could see the Boxster 6 and Cayman 6 pricing in the GT4/Spyder slot (sub $100k) and then GT4 and Spyder go higher
PAG has already figured all of this out, hope they tell us soon

cheers,
Steve

Quick Reply: 718 GT4/Spyder timing