Sponsored by: APR

Dundon GT4/Spyder Race Header Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:02 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

Some of the Cobb AP's for porsche go through a back door and don't set a write counter.

The 981 Cobb AP isn't setup that way and sets a write counter, so the car would show that there has been a software flash on the ecu (both for modified and back to stock).

Cobb is working on a firmware enhancement to no trip a write counter, but no timeline has been provided.

Oppps...didn't know that specific detail on the 981...means I'm busted if they check that! Luckily my dealer is very "flexible" and engine troubles are not popping around.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
HJS actually, tri-metallic cores straight from Germany
The tri metal referred to are the metals in the wash coat on the metallic substrate, platinum, rhodium and palladium. For structural integrity the base metal is the important part.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:16 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

For those that are taking your car to the dyno a couple helpful hints:

1. Have fans direct air into the side air inlets and block air coming through the front radiators as best as possible. Cars don't like hot air...

2. Ensure the sport button is pressed. Especially important for those dynoing on the stock ecu. There are completely
different cam maps, ignition maps etc for sport mode compared to without.

3. Install the K&N air filters... the better breathing on the bottom needs less restriction in the intake!

if you have a Cobb Access port and want to check headers + stock tune and headers + pro tune, install the Cobb AP before your stock ecu runs and log them with the Cobb AP. This will also help to verify all is well with your particular car.

Last thing, for those who purchased the tune. It is not already in the Cobb AP, we will email it to you once you let us know your software version (when you install it on the car it will tell you). We're still tweaking it and will send tomorrow/Saturday

Also the version we've created is being run on 92 octane with 10% ethanol. We will likely use this as a base for everyone and ask that you send a log of your car on the street (cooler air, real load ranges) for us to tweak the tune for your octane and particular car...
Old 12-16-2016, 12:51 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Hi John,

All are currently sold out. Also wish we made 510hp... 373 whp with 15% loss is 373/.85 = 438hp...

Would love to do a test with the Cargraphic Race on our side and then we can send a set your way? Haven't tested them yet... And keep in mind this is with the Dundon Pro Tune (using Cobb AP) to get to the 373...

Shoot me an email and we can set something up...
jamie at dundonmotorsports.com
Just for the record, like all of my customers, I am just as power and torque hungry as the next guy. No one knows more than i do what it's like to be under the microscope on this forum and the amount of data you provide to the folks online is rather abundant.

On Monday i think your manifolds will be installed on a car in Chicago and both of our tunes will be tested. Obviously i would like to be able to custom flash the car on the dyno remotely so i may make a file revision or two while it's there to see if we can eek out some more powah but I don't imagine my tune will be able to exceed yours if your tune is tailor made to your header design.

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 12-16-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:02 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 420 Posts

For those that are taking your car to the dyno a couple helpful hints:

2. Ensure the sport button is pressed. Especially important for those dynoing on the stock ecu. There are completely
different cam maps, ignition maps etc for sport mode compared to without.
This statement, if it's directed at GT4 owners and I can only think it is, will shake the foundation of beliefs on the GT4 RL forums. As far as I know, until this statement, we all believed the sport button only turned on auto-blip and activated a more aggressive cooling map that can be easily observed by watching oil and water temps go down during a steady cruise when the sport button is turned on.

So you see definite OEM tuning map differences activated when the sport button is turned on?
Old 12-16-2016, 03:51 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by okie981
This statement, if it's directed at GT4 owners and I can only think it is, will shake the foundation of beliefs on the GT4 RL forums. As far as I know, until this statement, we all believed the sport button only turned on auto-blip and activated a more aggressive cooling map that can be easily observed by watching oil and water temps go down during a steady cruise when the sport button is turned on.

So you see definite OEM tuning map differences activated when the sport button is turned on?
When I get a chance I'll take some pics of the non sport and sport maps to share. They're definitely different...
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 12-16-2016, 05:19 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by okie981

On a Spyder hitting the button feels quite different as well. I wonder if it's the same situation!
Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok so there is no tune on the AP yet, I was going to install it Monday with headers but I'll wait, is there any instructions or things not to do, I've used a AP on a BMW its probably similar?

Also we use 98 in straya will the tune be suitable for that
Old 12-17-2016, 12:28 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry this wasn't clear.

We need those with a tune to install the AP and get us the software version. We'll send the tune via email once we have the version. If it differs from the version we have 388U408 and 388U406 are the two done so far, it will take a day to get it sent.

Go ahead with the install of the headers and AP. Just install the Stage0 v103 on the AP (that's stock) After we send the tune we'll have you log it for us to check all the trims are close for your car!

We have been tweaking it this week and feel good with releasing it into the woods

98ron and 92Ron+mon/2 should be fine. We can check it all on the logs as well!

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 12-17-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Ok so there is no tune on the AP yet, I was going to install it Monday with headers but I'll wait, is there any instructions or things not to do, I've used a AP on a BMW its probably similar?

Also we use 98 in straya will the tune be suitable for that
Out of curiosity, which city are you in?
Old 12-17-2016, 10:03 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by 512GT4

Also, if anyone in the Austin, TX area wants to get together to experience these headers, please feel free to shoot me a PM and we can arrange something (possibly a few laps at Harris Hill?). Always good to meet other enthusiasts out there.

Great work guys! I think you're on to something here...can't wait to see the catted version for comparison.

Cheers,
512GT4
Sounds great!

If you are ever out at COTA, I'd like to do a comparison of your car with the headers vs my stock car down the back straight. So far, I have yet to see a modified GT4 (any combination of headers, exhaust, intake, throttle body, tune, etc) pull any meaningful distance on my stock GT4 from 40->140 mph. I'd love to see it so I could buy some mods that work!

It could be due to the heat build up while on track vs. on a dyno, because many of the dyno results show more power with mods.

Mike
Old 12-17-2016, 11:48 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by electron mike
Sounds great!

If you are ever out at COTA, I'd like to do a comparison of your car with the headers vs my stock car down the back straight. So far, I have yet to see a modified GT4 (any combination of headers, exhaust, intake, throttle body, tune, etc) pull any meaningful distance on my stock GT4 from 40->140 mph. I'd love to see it so I could buy some mods that work!

It could be due to the heat build up while on track vs. on a dyno, because many of the dyno results show more power with mods.

Mike
if only I were closer I would be able to represent. For me, it's more fun picking off GT3s. I try and slide by my GT4 brethren and not make a big deal about it but when I see a GT3 it's like stalking bullies.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:09 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
if only I were closer I would be able to represent. For me, it's more fun picking off GT3s. I try and slide by my GT4 brethren and not make a big deal about it but when I see a GT3 it's like stalking bullies.
Bring it out anytime, or even better for Chin at COTA in the heat this summer. If your bolt on mods (no heads, cams, etc) really perform that well in the heat without issues on track, I'm sure there will be enough GT4's there (myself included) to more than make up for your travel costs in sales.

Video footage of the deltas as well as data from the same day will be very compelling.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:19 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by electron mike
Bring it out anytime, or even better for Chin at COTA in the heat this summer. If your bolt on mods (no heads, cams, etc) really perform that well in the heat without issues on track, I'm sure there will be enough GT4's there (myself included) to more than make up for your travel costs in sales.

Video footage of the deltas as well as data from the same day will be very compelling.
If we weren't so busy I would consider it but time is a problem as is cost; we did 23 weekends at the track this year and I rarely get the opportunity outside of work to venture out there. I'm old school; I let the dyno do the talking and the room in which I tune is never under 95F. I tune for heat.

I dont want to get this thread OT but there's no way I'm removing my X51 bits for this test. If you saw my dyno runs and rode in my car you wouldn't either.

The OP, us and lots of others have already documented these upgrades. They work...maybe you're just hustling your car better than those around you! Cheers...and I love Guinness emoji!
Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports

I dont want to get this thread OT but there's no way I'm removing my X51 bits for this test. If you saw my dyno runs and rode in my car you wouldn't either.

The OP, us and lots of others have already documented these upgrades. They work...maybe you're just hustling your car better than those around you! Cheers...and I love Guinness emoji!
I have no doubt that if you open up the engine there is power there, but I just haven't seen bolt on mods make much difference on track personally. Not saying it's impossible, I just haven't seen it - thus my inquiry to the local GT4 owner with Dundon headers installed.

The drivers of the modified GT4s I have been on track with are also much better drivers than me, so it's not a skill level delta!

Quick Reply: Dundon GT4/Spyder Race Header Group Buy