Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Database

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 08:48 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
How/where do you find out what number your spyder is?
See Page One Entry One of the database aka this thread.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:01 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found my two Spyders by VIN. What should I do if the options are not correct? Missing many of the options on my two.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:09 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

I have build sheets I can forward if that would help.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:09 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by dpod4
I found my two Spyders by VIN. What should I do if the options are not correct? Missing many of the options on my two.
The build sheets are controlled by Porsche and should be accurate. Only time they do not specifically list what the options are is with CXX options.

What options are missing?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:43 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
The build sheets are controlled by Porsche and should be accurate. Only time they do not specifically list what the options are is with CXX options.

What options are missing?
18 way heated seats, PDLS, auto dim mirrors/rain sensor, bose infotainment, light design, reversing camera. Number 304, vin ending in 2374. Checked other one and it is accurate. This one isn't.

Last edited by dpod4; 06-25-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:44 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

window sticker
Old 06-25-2016, 08:55 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Huh... Your VIN doesn't show your spec via the Dealer Build website:

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...CC2A85GS152374

Are you the original buyer? Or was it a 918 Spyder program car? If so this could be why all the info is missing.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:02 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

I have build sheets I can forward if that would help.
Is this a printed build sheet from the dealer? Printed??? It may be because the dealer printed an earlier spec, which was later updated. As mentioned earlier, your VIN does not show up within the Porsche VIN online builder. Indicating you are or the original buyer is a 918 Spyder owner buying the car via the 918 Spyder Purchase Program.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:38 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

Is this a printed build sheet from the dealer? Printed??? It may be because the dealer printed an earlier spec, which was later updated. As mentioned earlier, your VIN does not show up within the Porsche VIN online builder. Indicating you are or the original buyer is a 918 Spyder owner buying the car via the 918 Spyder Purchase Program.
Window sticker with vin printed on it in Porsche dealer showroom. Delivered and never left dealer before I bought it. I can show pics of options on it (18 way seats) that are not showing here.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:24 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Window sticker with vin printed on it in Porsche dealer showroom. Delivered and never left dealer before I bought it. I can show pics of options on it (18 way seats) that are not showing here.
I'm confused... I see every option you state is missing on the window sticker:
-Reversing Camera
-Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18 way)
-Automatically Dimming Mirrors With Integrated Rain Sensor
-Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Or do you mean your window sticker has options your Spyder does not?
Please clarify.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:08 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

I think dpod4 is saying that he has identified his two Spyders in the database associated with this thread (based on VIN) and the database doesn't accurately reflect certain options that came on one of his cars. I think he is asking how the database can be amended to reflect those options so the entry for his car is accurate - - at least that's how I interpreted his inquiry . . . .
Old 06-26-2016, 11:21 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
I think dpod4 is saying that he has identified his two Spyders in the database associated with this thread (based on VIN) and the database doesn't accurately reflect certain options that came on one of his cars. I think he is asking how the database can be amended to reflect those options so the entry for his car is accurate - - at least that's how I interpreted his inquiry . . . .
Ha! That makes sense. I was over thinking this.
Surprise that the database even had anything for the spec.... As the Porsche online build shows it blank... Maybe it was built from the dealer website? Or autotrader.com? Which would explain the lack of accuracy. Dpod4 my apologies for my confusion.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:10 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

Ha! That makes sense. I was over thinking this.
Surprise that the database even had anything for the spec.... As the Porsche online build shows it blank... Maybe it was built from the dealer website? Or autotrader.com? Which would explain the lack of accuracy. Dpod4 my apologies for my confusion.
No worries. Sorry I was not more clear.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:56 PM
JBoxsterK
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi dpod4,
if I understood you correctly, you bought your silver Spyder directly out of the showroom from the dealer. As the respective Build Sheet is not in the Porsche Dealer Data Base, someone "opted out" and did not release the Build Sheet. As Navanod already stated, one reason could have been that the car was an original 918 Spyder program car. But it seems that also dealers can select to "not listing" the car in the dealer data base. There were several cases already that rennlist fellows (which are no 918 owners) stated VINs here, which are not listed.
So, could you perhaps ask your dealer why your silver Spyder does not show up on the data base? This insight information would help s2ktaxi and us a lot to understand the "magic" of the build sheet data base :-). Thanks in advance!
JBK
Old 06-26-2016, 11:14 PM
dpod4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK
Hi dpod4,
if I understood you correctly, you bought your silver Spyder directly out of the showroom from the dealer. As the respective Build Sheet is not in the Porsche Dealer Data Base, someone "opted out" and did not release the Build Sheet. As Navanod already stated, one reason could have been that the car was an original 918 Spyder program car. But it seems that also dealers can select to "not listing" the car in the dealer data base. There were several cases already that rennlist fellows (which are no 918 owners) stated VINs here, which are not listed.
So, could you perhaps ask your dealer why your silver Spyder does not show up on the data base? This insight information would help s2ktaxi and us a lot to understand the "magic" of the build sheet data base :-). Thanks in advance!
JBK
appreciate the help but am almost wishing i hadn't even flagged this as an issue. If there is a database, i expect it to be accurate. My carrara white spyder which was sold to me via a porsche dealer with a clear demarcation of options is not reflected accurately in the database on this site. If the database is tied to noncurrent info that is a good clarification. But if the database is held out as current it is not reflecting most of the options my car came with. It flags the fire extinguisher but doesn't account for major options like 18 way seats, PDLS, light design, etc.

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Database