Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder Database

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
^^^^ If by "total number production run" you mean total worldwide production, JBoxsterK previously indicated in post #699 of this thread, copied below, that 2,486 is the "only officially confirmed number of all produced 981 Spyders."

I don't know where he found this "officially confirmed number" and I've never seen this number myself published anywhere, but there is no reason to doubt its accuracy as JBoxsterK was very helpful in contributing to this great database and I'm sure his source is reliable.
Thank you!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Spyder1
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 981 Spyder Database

Thank you S2KTaxi for compiling the 981 Spyder Database (my daily driver is a 2001 S2K). I uploaded the spreadsheet to MS OneCloud and then downloaded the data. I've been using the spreadsheet to track Spyders that are currently or were recently sold. I'm tracking the state in which they reside, their mileage, their asking price and then calculating the percentage of the asking price to MSRP. On average, the asking price for a clean, < 5K miles Spyder is 110% - 115% above MSRP. I am moving to Bonaire in the fall of 2018 and will sadly be selling mine in August of 2018. As a note to the group. While researching this car in Scottsdale, AZ I found this official Porsche administrative website. The website will print any Porsche build sheet based on the vin #: Add your vin # at the end of the url before submitting the web page and get an official Porsche build sheet: https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...print.php?vin=

Also - as an another interesting note - it appears that the last official USA build was vin#: WPOCC2A87GS152909 on July 13th, 2016. This is very interesting as I own vin # 910 and the build month is April of 2016. Spyder1
vin# 910
Old 11-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 355 Posts

^ I think you meant 10-15% above MSRP. I wouldn’t be surprised if someday these cars double in price, but that day has not yet arrived.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I wouldn’t be surprised if someday these cars double in price, but that day has not yet arrived.
"Yet" being the operative word, Mark! LOL

Love how you think!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Spyders sell very fast here. I was offered more than what I paid for mine just two months ago, and mine is GR with a $96k sticker and the standard 18 ways sofas. I paid below sticker when you factor in CPO and new tires. If you exclude that, I paid right around sticker. I have 9300 miles on mine bought it with 8100.

That said, this seems to be the highest sticker Spyder I've seen.

Mine isn't for sale, but thought it was interesting. Could be also that our 'vert season is starting and theirs was on the way out. GR seems a bit more rare as well. Absolutely love the car. I kind of sometimes wish that it would be a bit louder, but it's just sooo close to perfect I haven't been convinced it's worth it to put headers/tune/tb on it. Probably would be convinced if I heard one in person that was modified properly.

With that said, $136k seems like no mans land for sports cars to me. There's nothing at that price range that excites me when I consider just HOW GREAT the spyder is for the price, and I don't care about PTS or PCCB or LWBs. Perhaps if the 991.1 GT3 was manual, or the TT/S came in manual. Much prefer the Spyder over every single car in the 911 range that comes in manual at that price range as well (incl. 997.1/2 GT3).
Old 11-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Spyder1
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vin# WP0CC2A88GS152594 @ 136K

I believe this is a custom color (so rare) and I believe they were building this Spyder to specifically look like this 911 Speedster . A similar Speedster sat in a dealer showroom for almost 2 years before someone paid over 200K to add it to their garage - collection. Aside from the yellow pull handles (not my preference) this Spyder is every bit as stunning as the Speedster I believe they were trying to replicate.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:23 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder1
I believe this is a custom color (so rare) and I believe they were building this Spyder to specifically look like this 911 Speedster . A similar Speedster sat in a dealer showroom for almost 2 years before someone paid over 200K to add it to their garage - collection. Aside from the yellow pull handles (not my preference) this Spyder is every bit as stunning as the Speedster I believe they were trying to replicate.
its PTS Voodoo Blue, I know the original owner

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...CC2A88GS152594
Old 11-10-2017, 11:51 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by guab

That said, this seems to be the highest sticker Spyder I've seen.
I'm pretty sure this $136k is ASKING price and definitely not the original MSRP. I don't believe you could get to that number even ticking all of the boxes....
Old 11-10-2017, 12:11 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT TREE
I'm pretty sure this $136k is ASKING price and definitely not the original MSRP. I don't believe you could get to that number even ticking all of the boxes....
yeah... didn’t sell for $136k, but it did go over MSRP... as did the other PTS Pantone Blue which was closer to that price. Also knew the original owner of this car.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:01 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
yeah... didn’t sell for $136k, but it did go over MSRP... as did the other PTS Pantone Blue which was closer to that price. Also knew the original owner of this car.
So the Voo Doo blue has sold from the McLaren dealer?
The following users liked this post:
anderson930 (07-05-2024)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:14 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT TREE
So the Voo Doo blue has sold from the McLaren dealer?
I was referencing the original owner sale... not the McLaren Dealer price of $136k. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:02 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I literally JUST bought a Spyder from this same dealer a few weeks ago. And, while I didn't pay their asking price, it wasn't far off. The car was GT Silver w/Spyder Classic (red) interior, Burmeister, PCCBS, LWBS, and had less than 1,000 when it was delivered to me. They were extremely easy and responsive, and the sale was a piece of cake!

Btw... if you're looking for an Agate Gray Spyder, I've got one for sale.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...icoat-pro.html
Old 11-10-2017, 06:22 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryskt
I literally JUST bought a Spyder from this same dealer a few weeks ago. And, while I didn't pay their asking price, it wasn't far off. The car was GT Silver w/Spyder Classic (red) interior, Burmeister, PCCBS, LWBS, and had less than 1,000 when it was delivered to me. They were extremely easy and responsive, and the sale was a piece of cake!

Btw... if you're looking for an Agate Gray Spyder, I've got one for sale.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...icoat-pro.html
Sounds like it had a heavy sticker on it with those specs. Mind sharing original msrp and some pics....
Old 11-10-2017, 06:30 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original sticker was approx. $115,xxx, so definitely a higher end Spyder spec.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:27 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ryskt
The original sticker was approx. $115,xxx, so definitely a higher end Spyder spec.

Gorgeous! Congrats. I just picked one up about 6 weeks ago near identical, minus the PCCB's and Burmeister. PCCB's is something I really wanted, but when mine came up listed here for sale I jumped on it because it was offered at a very fair price. Mine had a $103k sticker by comparison.

I've been looking out for the perfect spec (ever since buying mine) and was willing to trade and / or sell mine in order to get it. However, now with an extensive Xpel paint protection film installed, windows tinted, detail, and just today, header and exhaust installed, I'm leaning towards just keeping this one and enjoying the heck out of it.

A preferred PTS and PCCB's could always push me over the edge though.....

*On a side note, noticed you have two Spyder's and selling the one. Did you do just what I described above by finding a more desirable spec to your liking?

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder Database