Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought the 200 number included NZ deliveries?

Either way I still see bugger all of them around.

Sorry to hear about the gearbox Warrick. Tim had the same issue at one of the tarmac rallies but got his sorted.

And as far as mods go - I still think headers are worth it for the sound if nothing else!
Old 07-16-2017, 09:32 PM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

with headers the torque out of slower corners in 2nd gear is noticeable, top of the rev range where you live at the track not so much
Old 07-17-2017, 01:58 AM
cp993
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad, I heard the same as Snowy, that the 200 figure was Aus and NZ combined and that the actual number of Aus delivered cars was around the 170 mark. GT3RS was around the 140 mark. I guess it's somewhere in between .
Brad did you end up going with the DSC module?
Cheers
Chris
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cp993
Brad, I heard the same as Snowy, that the 200 figure was Aus and NZ combined and that the actual number of Aus delivered cars was around the 170 mark. GT3RS was around the 140 mark. I guess it's somewhere in between .
Brad did you end up going with the DSC module?
Cheers
Chris
Ok, I stand corrected.

I didn't go for the DSC in the end. I was only considering it due to the really poor road conditions in Hobart, but I'm not down here for much longer and if the GT3 Touring becomes a thing (should find out at Frankfurt motor show in Sept) then I will be jumping ship to one of those anyway.

Are you considering a DSC module?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:50 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Ok, I stand corrected.

I didn't go for the DSC in the end. I was only considering it due to the really poor road conditions in Hobart, but I'm not down here for much longer and if the GT3 Touring becomes a thing (should find out at Frankfurt motor show in Sept) then I will be jumping ship to one of those anyway.

They are taking GT3 touring orders in the UK I believe.

When do you head back to Vic?
Old 07-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a DSC module for sale. Its the TPC unit for the 991/981 and makes a huge difference on the road, and sharpens up handling a little on the track. I used it in my 991 GT3. Sold that for the 981 GT4. However the GT4 is for sale (great car but I miss the GT3 engine so will sit out till the 991.2 GT3 arrives). I can supply this for a very reasonable price - its still in box and like new. PM me if interested and happy to ship to Australia.

There were 29 x GT4 officially imported to NZ. So Id suggest the 170 number is about right for Australia based on population metrics alone. There have been another 5-6 x GT4 cars (including my own) imported from UK/SAfrica. So the population is reasonably high. Residuals have weakened alot over winter.

FYI. My Birch Green 981 GT4 is currently for sale. It is a Dec 2015 build with 9700km. It has around 40K of options including PTS and folding buckets, full leather, red stick full CF package including door sills, luggage net, black satin wheels, sports chrono with track app, NZ and Australia navigation maps etc. Its probably the highest optioned GT4 in NZ and the only PTS coloured car in NZ. Its in excellent condition and I would let it go for 175K AUD. If someone in Australia was interested in exporting it I could put it into my company for export excluding GST (15%). Not sure if it would make any sense to import into Australia - but there it is...photo in Avatar.

Im well known on these boards for almost 2 decades and a straight shooter. Here is the advert on TM.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...1357918580.htm
Old 07-18-2017, 01:28 AM
cp993
Advanced

Hi Macca,

Tried to email you through the rennlist system but not sure if it worked.
You can contact me by email at cperry@rcr.com.au

Cheers
Chris Perry.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:30 AM
cp993
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bardman
Ok, I stand corrected.

Giving it some thought Brad. I know of several people who have them and they both say it's a very worthwhile thing to do....

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-18-2017, 02:36 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok so just registered for Challenge Bathurst - Regularity.

For the guys who here have done this in your GT4s, what was needed other than the standard stuff?

Fire extinguisher, tow hooks, battery and tow stickers, they supply the side numbers.

The only thing I am not sure of is the CAMS regulations say you need 2 separate fastening systems for bonnet, are the standard ones on the GT4 sufficient or do I need something else?

Anything else I might need to take note of that you did or need to do? Anything stopping you going in your standard car you drive daily?

Who else is going up this year to it?
Old 07-18-2017, 03:05 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd like to do Bathurst one day, as for the bonnet I learnt the hard way and made a wire catch for the bonnet BUT the 2 separate fastening systems are already on your car, there is the lock on the door sill and the lock you push sideways under the bonnet
Old 07-18-2017, 03:08 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by O5C4R
I'd like to do Bathurst one day, as for the bonnet I learnt the hard way and made a wire catch for the bonnet BUT the 2 separate fastening systems are already on your car, there is the lock on the door sill and the lock you push sideways under the bonnet
Thanks mate, just as I thought, but didn't want to get out there and not be able to run because of it.

So anyone here running 19s? If so which wheels and tyres?

Found some cheap 19s that can get to fit and thought about some Trofeo Rs. Either than or R888s. Anyone in Australia done this? Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:41 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliekay
Thanks mate, just as I thought, but didn't want to get out there and not be able to run because of it.

So anyone here running 19s? If so which wheels and tyres?

Found some cheap 19s that can get to fit and thought about some Trofeo Rs. Either than or R888s. Anyone in Australia done this? Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.
I have a set of Koya 19's. I posted about them somewhere with photos etc. Check out my previous posts to find it. They are spun forged and very light at under 10kg. I got 8.5 and 11" but am thinking of getting 9" fronts now so I can fit 265 tyres. They come from Qld and they machine them to the offset and bolt pattern you order. I went with 47 on the rear and they sit a bit proud of the guards but don't rub at all. They also clear the brakes and toe links fine. I would go 50 (OEM) if I did it now. $2k delivered to home so great value and a great product....love 'em. The Sydney guy I dealt with is very helpful and an enthusiast. Lot's of drifters use them.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:45 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9754...k-tyres-2.html
Old 07-18-2017, 04:14 AM
Charliekay
Racer

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
I have a set of Koya 19's. I posted about them somewhere with photos etc. Check out my previous posts to find it. They are spun forged and very light at under 10kg. I got 8.5 and 11" but am thinking of getting 9" fronts now so I can fit 265 tyres. They come from Qld and they machine them to the offset and bolt pattern you order. I went with 47 on the rear and they sit a bit proud of the guards but don't rub at all. They also clear the brakes and toe links fine. I would go 50 (OEM) if I did it now. $2k delivered to home so great value and a great product....love 'em. The Sydney guy I dealt with is very helpful and an enthusiast. Lot's of drifters use them.
Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
This is perfect mate. The Koyas are what I was looking at. Speaking to a guy name Ross in Sydney, Rolling Stock is the company. I was going to get the SF10s in 19s.

So 19x11 ET50, but will a 19x9 fit at the front. I am thinking maybe ET55 but that would protrude 12mm out more than the stock wheels.

Did you end up running 295/30/19s and 235/35/19. So looking at 265/35/19?

I saw you ran the the Trofeo Rs and the R888Rs, which did you prefer?

Sorry for all the questions, I am new to competitive racing, done a few track days but nothing like this.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:58 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys. Had a few PMs today re the DSC with Chris being first off the mark so Ill tackle by order of who contacted me first etc. Cheers

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s