Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Let's keep an eye on the weather for next Saturday. It might be time for a shake off the cobwebs run.

Maybe something in the central Jersey area, we've covered Northern NJ a bit last year.

Fabspeed, are you there? How about a shop tour?

Last edited by PistolPete; 03-04-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:32 PM
firefisher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Has anyone gone to the NY Auto Show Preview : PCA Members only event? I've been meaning to go every year but I was never able to. I'm going this year for the first time. I just got my tickets today. It was only $15 for this:
Your ticket(s) will be deposited at the Porsche will call desk at the entrance to the exhibition. A light breakfast and refreshments will be provided. This is an invitation only event, and you must be pre-registered with the PCA to attend. There will be no registrations on site. Following the event your ticket will allow you regular access to the New York International Auto Show.
I'm a PCA member. I do not see anything on the website. They only have last years news. How do I get tickets? Plan on going too.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:21 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firefisher
I'm a PCA member. I do not see anything on the website. They only have last years news. How do I get tickets? Plan on going too.
I've been looking out for it in the emails for a while but found nothing. This morning I googled it and found out that they were opening the registration at noon. I then bought tickets.

Here you go:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...1#.Vtj53kU8KnM
Old 03-03-2016, 11:47 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by firefisher
I've been looking out for it in the emails for a while but found nothing. This morning I googled it and found out that they were opening the registration at noon. I then bought tickets.

Here you go:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...1#.Vtj53kU8KnM
I'll see the both of you there, but don't get between me and the breakfast food!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:01 AM
chewy08753
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 31 Posts

I'll be there too! And as far as Saturday goes I know of a bunch of roads west of me and a lot of nice lunch places out there too
Old 03-04-2016, 12:23 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm going for the first time too! I've heard good things about the event in past years, so I'm looking forward to it - plus 8am is an hour later than I'm usually in the office on weekdays, so I plan to be well rested to drool all over everything Porsche has to offer there haha
Old 03-04-2016, 01:01 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

It's a great time. There is a light breakfast offered and all the cars are unlocked for you to check out.

A Porsche rep will give a presentation on the featured new car which will be the 718 Boxster this year. You also get free run of the entire Javits Center and other show booths before they open the doors at 10AM to the general public.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:53 AM
jakay11
Instructor

You rock MrNurse!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:03 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 244 Posts

For the PCA New Your Auto Show Preview, members are able to reserve two tickets. Does anyone know for sure if it is it okay for the second ticket to be used by a non-PCA member?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:20 AM
rnh204
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll be going too. Second ticket can be for anyone. Need to only be a PCA member to buy.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:46 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, my 2nd ticket is for my friend who is a non-PCA member.

Looks like it's going to be a great showing from us Cayman/GT4 guys! I haven't met anyone from the GT4 section yet so would be a good time since I'm looking to be joining many drives this year.

Originally Posted by jakay11
You rock MrNurse!
you're welcome!
Old 03-04-2016, 10:54 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 244 Posts

^^ Thanks, two tickets purchased!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
It's a great time. There is a light breakfast offered and all the cars are unlocked for you to check out.

A Porsche rep will give a presentation on the featured new car which will be the 718 Boxster this year. You also get free run of the entire Javits Center and other show booths before they open the doors at 10AM to the general public.
I went the past few years, but really wasn't impressed at the last one. Primarily, the reason was that there was no GT4 on display, but also because of the restricted access. In previous years I was able to visit the other 'halls' in the Javits Center before the general public were let in at opening time, but last year there were security guards present who couldn't understand why I was asking to get in and refused point blank to allow entry.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:10 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by sapman
I went the past few years, but really wasn't impressed at the last one. Primarily, the reason was that there was no GT4 on display, but also because of the restricted access. In previous years I was able to visit the other 'halls' in the Javits Center before the general public were let in at opening time, but last year there were security guards present who couldn't understand why I was asking to get in and refused point blank to allow entry.
Interesting news about last year. I was stuck (if one can be stuck) in the Porsche booth until just after 10AM so I didn't get a chance to roam the other booths. I assumed the free access would be the same, guess I'm wrong.

My plan this year is to make a beeline to the McLaren booth. I hope I can talk my way in....
Old 03-04-2016, 04:14 PM
firefisher
Instructor

I registered, but says on wait list. I guess I was too late. See what happens. Damm.

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here