Sponsored by: APR

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
I agree with that, and I say that as a former member. Loved my CCC times, but as I added up cars in the collection a membership became less meaningful.

Still miss the social interaction, but at this stage they have 5 of the 6 cars in my stable (incl a Lancia Delta Integrale we both acquired). In fact we used to be 6 for 6, before they sold the 1///M

You can PM me if you like. Can share my personal experience which has been nothing but delightful. Zac and Mike run a terrific operation which includes more than just the joy of driving their cars. There are so many other aspects and social events (group drives to Montreal F1, LI vineyards, usual Thu happy hours, aircooled P-car stripdowns as part of learning workshops with their mechanics, 3rd party sponsorship events, etc.)

As an FYI, sadly they lost their lease on what was a splendid facility, and will be moving to Brooklyn
1) If you miss the social interaction you can still get a monthly membership there without the cost of points for the cars. This will enable you to stay involved socially (Happy Hour, Mechanics classes, go-karting,etc). It's about $200/month including taxes.
2) people have been anticipating a Brooklyn location for a while but officially the location has not been announced and the popular thinking right now is that they will be remaining in Manhhatan, albeit not at that location.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:26 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Rac10000
Stopped by the dealer on my way home tonight ... The car looks so awesome IRL! Pictures don't do Guards Red justice. Some quick pics pre-delivery/detail/etc. ...
Congrats again and it was nice seeing you yesterday! Your car is beautiful and of course you know I am partial to Guards!

This is my photographic interpretation of your beauty

Old 03-12-2016, 09:35 AM
jakay11
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Pete lets set a date! If you give me 2-3 weeks I may just have a Porsche surprise of my own to share
(Bump)
Not to be lost is the shuffle of great threads. Keep me in the loop on this one please!!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Rac10000
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Congrats again and it was nice seeing you yesterday! Your car is beautiful and of course you know I am partial to Guards!

Thanks, man! Appreciate the nice picture. It was great to see you as well. We'll have both GR beauties together for a photoshoot soon ...
Old 03-13-2016, 04:43 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Pete lets set a date! If you give me 2-3 weeks I may just have a Porsche surprise of my own to share
Trying to see if April 2 or April 9 will work for a visit. Stay tuned!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:03 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman
I can see the attraction if I lived in Manhattan and didn't want to bother with keeping a car there, but if you have a sports car already, either CCC membership or your car would seem redundant.
Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
I agree with that, and I say that as a former member. Loved my CCC times, but as I added up cars in the collection a membership became less meaningful.

Still miss the social interaction, but at this stage they have 5 of the 6 cars in my stable (incl a Lancia Delta Integrale we both acquired). In fact we used to be 6 for 6, before they sold the 1///M

You can PM me if you like. Can share my personal experience which has been nothing but delightful. Zac and Mike run a terrific operation which includes more than just the joy of driving their cars. There are so many other aspects and social events (group drives to Montreal F1, LI vineyards, usual Thu happy hours, aircooled P-car stripdowns as part of learning workshops with their mechanics, 3rd party sponsorship events, etc.)

As an FYI, sadly they lost their lease on what was a splendid facility, and will be moving to Brooklyn
I would like to experience driving other sports cars and it appears that I can enjoy doing that monthly for "about the same price as an NYC garage". I've been listening to their chats on youtube when I drive home from work. I've been very interested bc of the drives and events. I'd def love to hear your personal experience. Planning on attending any local meets this spring? Or the Porsche Preview at the NY Auto Show on the 25th?
I'm glad they're going to stay in Manhattan as I'm relatively close to their location.

Yes please! Just not April 9 since I'll be on a roadtrip to my sister's wedding. Congrats on the new car btw!

Originally Posted by Rac10000
Stopped by the dealer on my way home tonight ... The car looks so awesome IRL! Pictures don't do Guards Red justice. Some quick pics pre-delivery/detail/etc. ...

Originally Posted by sonorous

Beautiful!!!!! Congrats! Now I can't wait to receive my GR GT4! I've been going back and forth with GR and CR and I'm glad I went with GR!! GR is especially hard to capture on camera and pics never do it justice. Can't wait for one of our big get togethers.

Last edited by MrNurse; 03-14-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Darkalley36
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

actually the new location was just announced! Midtown on the Hudson River pier 76.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:59 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by Darkalley36
actually the new location was just announced! Midtown on the Hudson River pier 76.
Ahh nice! That's even closer as I live on the West Side. It's like a 15min drive.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:23 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

How is everyone?

Looks like this rain will wash away the last of the road salt for us!
Old 03-14-2016, 01:18 PM
JohanS430
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
How is everyone?

Looks like this rain will wash away the last of the road salt for us!
My thoughts exactly, Pete. Planning to get out later this week. Have to kill a few hundred, then will drop the oil.

**Edited, answered my own question**

Last edited by JohanS430; 03-14-2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Answered my own question!
Old 03-14-2016, 01:25 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Bring the rain! Dropped off the car this morning for some spring prep and I think the car was cleaner than when it left the garage

Old 03-14-2016, 02:06 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by ajw45
Bring the rain! Dropped off the car this morning for some spring prep and I think the car was cleaner than when it left the garage

Oh boy, what's going into the car? Do tell!
Old 03-14-2016, 02:53 PM
ajw45
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Oh boy, what's going into the car? Do tell!
Haha, nothing exciting. Just the first oil change, SRF, corner balance, and alignment for more camber. I could see next winter though being a good time for more power.

FYI, they just got in a new AG GT4 to compliment the 4L and do some comparisons test between the stock and modded GT4s. Not sure if that will eventually be for sale but it was looking real clean sitting in the showroom next to the 4.0....
Old 03-14-2016, 03:05 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by ajw45

Nice! I may go there for my first oil change and for future header/exhaust install as well. I normally go to Bodymotion but DeMan is 30min closer.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:27 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

FabSpeed Motorsport visit.

Saturday April 2nd. 10AM.

Save the date.

I'll start a new thread and link it here.

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here