Sponsored by: APR

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016 | 11:08 PM
user1029
Drifting

Originally Posted by neanicu
Oh I'm still in it my friend...
then you have a full life ahead of you to experience and be witness to the placebo effect, imbibe it, relish it, as they become ingrained as anecdotes that you will pass on to your grandkids someday

Fun fact: If your friend kept taking the contraceptive pills then he could potentially become a she. Life is full of wonder.
Old 01-06-2016 | 11:11 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by n3rd
I absolutely think 50whp is possible. The GT4 shares the throttle body, intake plenum and exhaust manifold with the BASE 981. We also know that the engine may also have been held back.

If the a$$hats I bought my filters (bmc) from would just send me my filters I'll be dynoing the car with each upgrade.
I can tell you in the last 3 weeks I have dynoed a 3.8l GT4 car built for IMSA, 3.8L GTB3 race Caymans for PCA with the carrera S TB, a bone stock street GT4, a 4.0L GT4 with all the various mods you like to speculate about, all kinds of headers, filters and unlimited tuning ability on my own dyno with 100 octane race gas.

The 50 RWHP from bolting and tuning is a pipe dream.

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 01-06-2016 | 11:14 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by user1029
then you have a full life ahead of you to experience and be witness to the placebo effect, imbibe it, relish it, as they become ingrained as anecdotes that you will pass on to your grandkids someday Fun fact: If your friend kept taking the contraceptive pills then he could potentially become a she. Life is full of wonder.
Oh I'm really planning to enjoy adulthood. A few pointers from you would be a great deal of help.
In the meantime,if you need any pointers on tuning natural aspirated engines,please feel free to let me know. You see...Kool-Aid in tuning works pretty much like a tiny contraceptive pill in a drunk man : you wake up to reality fast and realize you haven't gained anything.
Old 01-06-2016 | 11:16 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
I can tell you in the last 3 weeks I have dynoed a 3.8l GT4 car built for IMSA, 3.8L GTB3 race Caymans for PCA with the carrera S TB, a bone stock street GT4, a 4.0L GT4 with all the various mods you like to speculate about, all kinds of headers, filters and unlimited tuning ability on my own dyno with 100 octane race gas. The 50 RWHP from bolting and tuning is a pipe dream.
Please do not let facts get in the way of dreams.
Old 01-08-2016 | 01:33 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

OK folks, don't let the cold temps get you down!

DeMan Motorsports will be hosting an open house for GT4 owners, potential owners or just Porsche nuts next Saturday (1/16) at 10AM at their shop.

DeMan Motorsports
700 Bradley Hill Rd.
Blauvelt, NY 10913

I'm going to post up a separate thread so it's not buried here.

A big thanks to sonorous and DeMan for making this happen!

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9126...ay-1-16-a.html

Last edited by PistolPete; 01-08-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2016 | 04:15 PM
MrNurse
Pro

I went to Porsche to day to find out the current status on my GT4 which is V250 and a new est. delivery of April 1 w/LBWs. It was initially April 29 w/o LWBs

I also spotted a GT4. Initially I thought it was a GT4 that just arrived at the dealership and I asked if I can sit in it to check out my LWBs pedal-reach issue that I made a thread on. I was told I couldn't bc it was a customer's car. Oops.

I'm curious. Is the owner of this GT4 from Larchmont Porsche a member here?

Old 01-19-2016 | 04:18 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by MrNurse
I went to Porsche to day to find out the current status on my GT4 which is V250 and a new est. delivery of April 1 w/LBWs. It was initially April 29 w/o LWBs

I also spotted a GT4. Initially I thought it was a GT4 that just arrived at the dealership and I asked if I can sit in it to check out my LWBs pedal-reach issue that I made a thread on. I was told I couldn't bc it was a customer's car. Oops.

I'm curious. Is the owner of this GT4 from Larchmont Porsche a member here?

So that car was sitting outside, today, in those Sport Cup 2's...
Old 01-19-2016 | 04:35 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by PistolPete
So that car was sitting outside, today, in those Sport Cup 2's...
Yea, I was surprised to see that someone was driving it out in that weather. I'm not sure what it was there for- servicing I assume? There were lots of other Porsches out in the lot as well like 2 991 Turbos. I'm not sure what tires they come with. Michelin SS or P-Zeros maybe?
Old 01-20-2016 | 01:14 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Hey everyone!

I'm planning a road trip down to the new Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta in April to wrap up the break in miles on the GT4.

The dates are 4/16 - 4/22

No I'm not planning to spend all week there, only a day and half.

I have a 6 day road trip mapped out that will begin with the huge Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey, PA on 4/16. We'll then head south and drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and some of the back roads in VA known as the "Claw of the Dragon".

http://www.clawofthedragon.com/

After Atlanta, the return trip will take us across the north GA mountain roads and to the Tail of the Dragon where we'll spend another day.

Right now we have three cars along for the trip.

Please send me a PM if you're interested in joining and I'll give you more details.
Old 01-20-2016 | 07:25 PM
jakay11
Instructor

Hey everyone!

Right now we have three cars along for the trip.

Please send me a PM if you're interested in joining and I'll give you more details.
Not that I'm jealous or anything, but I hate you Pete. (I have this thing where I want to go a driving tour of the alps, hike the alps and rockies, ski the rockies... and then there is the little 4-letter word called W.O.R.K.

I need to retire now so I can enjoy life, and then work in my old-age when I can no longer play!

Just Sayin'
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:08 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Originally Posted by jakay11
Not that I'm jealous or anything, but I hate you Pete. (I have this thing where I want to go a driving tour of the alps, hike the alps and rockies, ski the rockies... and then there is the little 4-letter word called W.O.R.K.

I need to retire now so I can enjoy life, and then work in my old-age when I can no longer play!

Just Sayin'
I hear ya. I spent my 30's just working constantly when things went poof and I was unemployed. Work has it's place for me now but I realize the importance of balance.

HR hates me because I'm always going over my allotted vacation days now and take unpaid days which screws with their payroll process I guess. They can bill me!
Old 01-25-2016 | 10:09 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Hope everyone made out OK with the weekend storm. My car won't be moving for a while, I'm not even bothering to clear the snow around it.

Hopefully it'll melt during the week.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2016 | 10:30 PM
anselmw
Racer

Hope everyone made out OK with the weekend storm. My car won't be moving for a while, I'm not even bothering to clear the snow around it.

Hopefully it'll melt during the week.
You can't even tell a gt4 is under there. Mine has been parked since late December. I keep forgetting to put the cover on it.
Old 01-25-2016 | 10:53 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

There should be a ton of melting/sublimation going on with increased late Jan sun angle and moderate/normal airmasses in place/scheduled into next week. My guess is that with the el Nino weakening from strong to moderate, we'll continue to get some occasional snow/ice storms in the northeast through Feb, maybe into early or mid Mar, as there will be additional normal temperatures with still a fairly active weather pattern. Sure can't rule out another nor'easter either. Hopefully late Mar and early Apr will be more conducive to GT4 driving...especially when mine arrives! Can't wait!
Old 01-28-2016 | 11:25 PM
bhk1004
Racer

She's here! Right in the middle of snow...

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here