Sponsored by: APR

981 Spyder!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:11 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
Is it true that if I turn ESC off, the rev-matching turns off as well? I won't know what to do if I can't shift normally!
That's my understanding as well; turning off PSM will disable rev-matching. I guess you do want to shift "normally". So, here is what I suggest: don't touch Sport Plus, until we figure something out!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:18 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Here is the excerpt from that page:

.... The SPORT or SPORT PLUS button enables you to switch the dynamic gearbox mounts from ‘Normal’ to ‘Sport’ or ‘Performance’ mode. In conjunction with optional PCM, the TFT screen in the right-hand circular instrument enables you to view the lateral and longitudinal forces as they act on the vehicle......

It appears, SPORT button goes from 'Normal' to 'Sport'; SPORT PLUS goes from 'Sport' to 'Performance'. So, yes, dynamic mounts are enabled in both modes; but, the firmness level changes. As Vince confirmed, SPORT PLUS does make a difference, which indicates it went from 'Sport' to 'Performance'.
Sorry, I was just trying to help clarify what I thought was specifically stated. I will try driving my car and seeing what difference I can discern.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:02 AM
SMLaker
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vince993tt
My GT silver with classic interior finally arrived, and we picked it up at Hennessy on Saturday. Then two days in the North Georgia mountains. What an amazing car. Despite all that I'd read, it has exceeded my expectations, and I couldn't be happier with the selection, including the color combo. A few observations:
Top - I find that it perfectly suits the car. Not too noisy with the top up, and putting it up and down is simple once you have done it a few times. Interior of top, with supports showing, etc. isn't a negative at all. Very happy with the top. The manual aspect just makes the car more special. If you need to just push a button, then this just isn't your car. I find doing it myself to be part of the fun. But then I am 63, and remember when putting Triumph and MG tops up was much more involved than this.
Steering - Steering feel and weight seem ideal to me. Some have said it is too light, but I don't see that. As a former 930 manual steering guy, I love steering feel. This isn't the same as a 930, but even in comparison with my 987, I'm very pleased. Very quick and direct, with sufficient feedback for aggressive street driving.
Exhaust - perfect. Can't imagine how it could be better really. And definitely not too loud for Sport setting full time.
I originally wanted a GT4, but was too late to get an allocation. In the end, I'm glad it worked out this way. I wasn't going to track the car (much) anyway, and now I have a car that I can enjoy with the top either up or down. And to me, I'm just as happy with the Spyder looks as with the GT4. They both look fantastic in person...just different.
Anyway, I see this as a huge step up from my 981 Cayman S. And getting back to the manual transmission is wonderful. The PDK is a great transmission, but I really missed doing it myself.
Very nice trip...I'm long overdo for another jaunt to the Tail, Cherohala, and through the Georgia mountains. I pick up my Spyder today, so I may have to go there next weekend!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Joys4me
Intermediate

Congratulations, looks great!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:37 AM
vince993tt
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SMLaker
Very nice trip...I'm long overdo for another jaunt to the Tail, Cherohala, and through the Georgia mountains. I pick up my Spyder today, so I may have to go there next weekend!
Congratulations! You'll love it. And you'll really enjoy those wonderful mountain roads. I'm missing them already now that we're back in Florida. They bring out the best of the Spyder for sure. We have a place near Helen, and drove all over that part of North Georgia. Enjoy!
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 PM
33 TDX
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and collected my Boxster Spyder yesterday from OPC Mayfair in London and wanted to share the pics as I love the Agate Grey.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:30 PM
33 TDX
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I post more pictures tomorrow when Detailing and PPF get installed to the car, so far great sports car.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Beautiful car, and welcome to the club!
Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! The car looks great in agate,
Old 11-29-2015, 08:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by 33 TDX
I post more pictures tomorrow when Detailing and PPF get installed to the car, so far great sports car.
Is this your first Porsche? What is your favorite part so far?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:45 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and collected my Boxster Spyder yesterday from OPC Mayfair in London and wanted to share the pics as I love the Agate Grey.
Congratulations! Like the license plate area's cleaner look unlike the US version. Are the buckets 918-style? Can't tell from the side-rear angle. If so, how comfortable are they?
Old 11-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

Congrats, great shots, Agate looks very classy.

Hi Guys,

Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 942 Posts

Originally Posted by the_rider
Congratulations! Like the license plate area's cleaner look unlike the US version. Are the buckets 918-style? Can't tell from the side-rear angle. If so, how comfortable are they?
They are the GT2 style, not the 918 style.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:21 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by navanoD
They are the GT2 style, not the 918 style.
Nice car! I don't suppose there's any chance of letting me sit in the GT2 style seat is there? Do you live in London? Beers on me.

I've ordered the full buckets because I know I fit in them as my dealer had some in a GT4. But I haven't been able to try the sports buckets. If they fit me I might change because I'd appreciate the seat heating. I have a GT3 with normal sports seats. PM me if you're interested. P
Old 11-30-2015, 05:41 PM
SMLaker
Instructor

Great looking car, agate is a great color. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: 981 Spyder!!!!