Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019 | 03:11 PM
JAhmed
Drifting

Originally Posted by Johnauto
Performance is similar to 2016 car as well. Car seems to be slow. Looks like they needed to protect the GT3. Next GT3 should be a beast.
Plz tell us more about the car no one has driven
Old 06-24-2019 | 03:20 PM
trkshoe
Racer

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Plz tell us more about the car no one has driven
:-)))
I drive from my couch.
Old 06-25-2019 | 12:37 AM
ShinAsurada
Advanced

Am I the only one who thinks the car sounds a little quiet and hollow from watching the guy rev the car german autosport video? He wasn't revving it too crazily but there were less pops and raspiness.
Old 06-25-2019 | 01:05 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Yup.
I feel "poor" every time I take a look at that "Show Us Your Garage Thread"
Lol good one
Old 06-25-2019 | 02:47 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShinAsurada
Am I the only one who thinks the car sounds a little quiet and hollow from watching the guy rev the car german autosport video? He wasn't revving it too crazily but there were less pops and raspiness.
None some catless headers without the butt plugs can't fix.
Old 06-25-2019 | 02:56 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
None some catless headers without the butt plugs can't fix.
The Dundon headers are a bit loud on my GT4, I hope Dundon makes a catted version for the 718
Old 06-25-2019 | 03:02 AM
CyberGeorge
Advanced

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
The Dundon headers are a bit loud on my GT4, I hope Dundon makes a catted version for the 718
They make a GT3 muffler adapter kit with 200 cat option that places the cats in the back where they're easier to remove/replace. A bit expensive though (since you also need the muffler and tips)...

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pe...r-981?carid=41
Old 06-25-2019 | 03:15 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CyberGeorge
They make a GT3 muffler adapter kit with 200 cat option that places the cats in the back where they're easier to remove/replace. A bit expensive though (since you also need the muffler and tips)...

$2000 for a GT3 muffler off eBay or $4000 for the lifetime muffler plus the 200 CEL muffler adapter kit that's $3150, yikes! I'd prefer to buy headers that had 200 CEL cats engineered into them for $5k.

I'm sure Dundon and other vendors are anxiously awaiting a header and muffler kit for the 718 GT4. We all know removing the particulate filter should open up some power and weight. I was thinking if you added catless headers on the 718 GT4 if would muffle the sound a bit more than my GT4 but I wonder what effects it will have on the particulate filter, it could burn out the filtration. I'm sure there will be a lot of trial and error on the first cars used for R&D testing and I highly doubt the Porsche engineers will help with the aftermarket business on their recommendations to open up power with limiting noise.
Old 06-25-2019 | 03:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

$2000 for a GT3 muffler off eBay or $4000 for the lifetime muffler plus the 200 CEL muffler adapter kit that's $3150, yikes! I'd prefer to buy headers that had 200 CEL cats engineered into them for $5k.

I'm sure Dundon and other vendors are anxiously awaiting a header and muffler kit for the 718 GT4. We all know removing the particulate filter should open up some power and weight. I was thinking if you added catless headers on the 718 GT4 if would muffle the sound a bit more than my GT4 but I wonder what effects it will have on the particulate filter, it could burn out the filtration. I'm sure there will be a lot of trial and error on the first cars used for R&D testing and I highly doubt the Porsche engineers will help with the aftermarket business on their recommendations to open up power with limiting noise.
Yeah, I figure we won't get any meaningful aftermarket exhaust/headers options until the car has been out for about a year which is when the PDK version will be available so I'll wait a bit.
The following users liked this post:
CyberGeorge (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019 | 03:48 AM
CyberGeorge
Advanced

Agreed. The advantage of their system is that you can “easily” take the cats on/off and maybe the lifetime warranty, but yes, agreed on “at what price”.
Old 06-25-2019 | 06:07 AM
Benhype
Cruisin'

Just received a call from my Porsche dealer ( France) and he told me that they received allocation for only 1 Spyder and 1Gt4 which is much less than what they were allocated for the 981 GT4 ( around ten). Delivery September/October. He expects to have second round of allocation next year but does not know if he will receive only one other GT4 or much more... I read various press articles mentioning that the 718 GT4 production will be extended in order to meet the demand. He was not aware of that and for him, considering the fact that he has only 1 GT4, it is rather the opposite... I don't know if he is playing a game and if in reality, he has plenty of allocations ( I don't think so) or if press articles are wrong about production period or if dealers will receive much more allocations in the coming year(s). Have you received any feedback from your dealer yet?
Old 06-25-2019 | 06:13 AM
Filoize
Track Day

Originally Posted by Benhype
Just received a call from my Porsche dealer ( France) and he told me that they received allocation for only 1 Spyder and 1Gt4 which is much less than what they were allocated for the 981 GT4 ( around ten). Delivery September/October. He expects to have second round of allocation next year but does not know if he will receive only one other GT4 or much more... I read various press articles mentioning that the 718 GT4 production will be extended in order to meet the demand. He was not aware of that and for him, considering the fact that he has only 1 GT4, it is rather the opposite... I don't know if he is playing a game and if in reality, he has plenty of allocations ( I don't think so) or if press articles are wrong about production period or if dealers will receive much more allocations in the coming year(s). Have you received any feedback from your dealer yet?

Hey where about in France are you?
Old 06-25-2019 | 06:16 AM
Benhype
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Filoize
Hey where about in France are you?
From Nantes. West coast!!😁
Old 06-25-2019 | 07:30 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, I figure we won't get any meaningful aftermarket exhaust/headers options until the car has been out for about a year which is when the PDK version will be available so I'll wait a bit.

From the photos posted on the 718 CS it has basically the same exhaust system with what looks like particulate filters just before the muffler.
Not sure if they are racing with cats on the CS but if they are catless that means the GPF can hold
Headers will be out as one of the first mods for this car. I also expect a B pipe with no particulate filter or the option to use the particulate filter area to place a removable catalytic.
The B pipe bolts just before the exhaust valves on the new exhaust....should be an easy upgrade.
The question right now is if the current crop of headers will bolt and if the header collector exits in the same position.
Of course it's necessary COBB or other software vendors move fast....
Old 06-25-2019 | 07:35 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CyberGeorge

99.9% it wont work on the 718 GT4......the GT4 muffler doesn't work due to the new bumper/diffuser (a shame as I love that system on my 981 GT4). As for the B pipe working.....from drawings on the new engine looks similar but not sure at this moment.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?