Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:34 PM
35Mugen
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Whoopsy's post is equally cryptic and is going to be dissected more than Childish Gambino's "This is America" video that broke the internet last week
Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 63A 981510
THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION:
MY THOUGHTS WHERE DIFFERENT

My phone was away from me for like 6 hours, but that's pretty much the rumoured car.

It is after all without camo and I didn't posted it, even if I want to.

The other half of the twin will the same but the the cloth top like old ones. SPYDER WITH THE SAME 981 ROOF

Engine will be bespoke to the car(s) for a while. NOT THE GT3 MOTORThe race car version which I am most interested is going to be a evolution but will be competitive with competition from the cheater cars from McLaren and AMG THIS MEANS THE RACE CAR AND ROAD CARS WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME ENGINE?. Without the extra weight of useless stuff for the class like snails NO TURBO'S ON RACECAR.

The thing that was suppose to be on top of them is bonkers. GT4 RS I will totally take it over a GT3 without even thinking. But it is neither confirmed nor denied. The car I saw was just a figment of my imagination apparently. SUPER CONFIDENTIAL

Cars will also follow the current transmission rules. SAME AS 981: MANUAL ONLY FOR STREET AND PDK FOR CLUBSPORT Cars also don't need someone to press the brakes for torquing. NO CENTERLOCKS

There was something sitting there without a hard top MX5 , but it was completely ignored as the car next to it is the Youtube car GT2 CUP THINGY?, I already placed an order directly with Weissach, it is the ultimate widow maker, good luck to my wife. I suggested a mandatory training session with purchase. They also think its' a good idea just so their customers won't be dying left and right.

It was really something to see a RSR opened up next to a GT3R. Still can't believe they got away with the mid engine RSR. But then again one could argue the 911 and the Cayman is really the same platform hence interchangeable.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:44 PM
Gatte
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Engine will be bespoke to the car(s) for a while. NOT THE GT3 MOTORThe race car version which I am most interested is going to be a evolution but will be competitive with competition from the cheater cars from McLaren and AMG THIS MEANS THE RACE CAR AND ROAD CARS WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME ENGINE?. Without the extra weight of useless stuff for the class like snails NO TURBO'S ON RACECAR.
If the racecar is just going to be an evolution of the road car, even the road car I would think would not have the turbos. If we're talking about turbo vs non-turbo motors, it wouldn't just be an evolution at that point.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:44 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

My annotated notes of Whoopsy's cryptic post.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Engine will be bespoke to the car(s) for a while. - Not GT3 4.0 engine.

The race car version which I am most interested is going to be a evolution - Evolution of current car/engine?

Without the extra weight of useless stuff for the class like snails - No turbo

The thing that was suppose to be on top of them is bonkers. I will totally take it over a GT3 without even thinking. But it is neither confirmed nor denied. The car I saw was just a figment of my imagination apparently. - GT4 RS?

Cars will also follow the current transmission rules. Manual/PDK for non RS, PDK only for RS.

Cars also don't need someone to press the brakes for torquing - No CL

There was something sitting there without a hard top, - 911 Speedster

but it was completely ignored as the car next to it is the Youtube car, I already placed an order directly with Weissach, it is the ultimate widow maker, good luck to my wife - The GT2 RSR looking car that was running around Monza
Old 05-16-2018, 09:45 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted by Whoopsy on a different website:

As for the title of this tread (Re: Porsche Cayman GT4 RS), I saw the car, it isn't confirmed or denied. All based on market acceptance. But I can say it is a bad assed car, pretty much the very best out of Weissach for a since a long while, and that already included the GT2 RS. It's not about the ultimate fastest lap time, but more about the car itself.

(typos his)
Old 05-16-2018, 09:46 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 601 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
I'm pretty sure I'll be wrong, but I really do hope it is a 4 cyl 2.7 or 3 L turbo; that would do me as I could tune the heck out it and turn in into a real GT3 beater. If it's just a 4l version of the existing wet sump engine (with the fancy oil pump and pickup) then I might as well just fit the X51 kit and a 4 L crank since I have my existing car handling the way I like and it would be a cheaper route all round.
I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that can make that happen.

Now going back to biting my tongue and mowing down infinite amounts of popcorn!

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 05-17-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 PM
zedbyers
AutoX

this is entertaining!!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

So far all I have taken from it all is this:

I'm keeping my 981 GT4 and waiting for the RS.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:05 PM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

3.8L or 4.0L?
GT4 or GT4RS?
Manual or PDK?
Laurel or Yammy?

MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE TODAY!

lol
Old 05-16-2018, 10:08 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Gatte
I was also thinking 4.0 with changed internals/de-tune for the same reason you mention. However, it could be something else as well because I thought he would've stated it differently it was a 4.0L. Let's hope our initial hunch was right.

I am not on any list for the RS. I would also like to know if the RS would come with a manual. I hate that this is leading to more questions than I had to begin with.
Probably won't come with a manual. Wouldn't hurt to get on the list anyway. Worst case, sell the GT4 and you're generally only out tax and insurance and stuff.

The race car won't have a radically different engine from the road car: homologation.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:43 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

I think Whoopsy gave us quite a bit,you just have to read between the lines. A couple of members above got it right IMO. Good news for those interested in this car!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zedbyers
this is entertaining!!
haha +1!
Old 05-16-2018, 11:06 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

If the new GT4 were your child where would you take the newborn pics at? Eiffel Tower or the sunny state of CA. For Whoopsy
Old 05-16-2018, 11:25 PM
otisdog
Pro

Did you guys see my post 1850?
Rather enlightening....
Old 05-16-2018, 11:32 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

like interpreting the bible! lol

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?