Sponsored by: APR

718 GT4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM
user1029
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
the driver who pretended to be clueless about the car as he knew that I knew what it was
"yeah this just showed up in my driveway one morning, it has a V8"
Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

/close thread
Old 05-16-2018, 07:53 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

To be fair, Whoopsy already said it was NA. The real question is what the hp will be, pdk vs manual, redline limit, etc. Lots of important details are still missing.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:55 PM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

First there was Waiting for Guffman. Now the sequel. Waiting for Whoopsy!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Aquaman1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I happened to be at an outlet mall about 15 miles from my house this morning to pick up a friend and look what was sitting in the parking lot. I couldn't quite believe it but the manufacturers do a lot of testing in my area and there's several independent testing agencies (which was the case here). I had a brief conversation with the driver who pretended to be clueless about the car as he knew that I knew what it was... It was idling and he did me the favor of revving it a few times but asked that I not take video which I respected. It's a 6 to my ears
- no turbo spool...
Accounting for the fact that it was probably revved low down within the Rev-Range, any feedback on the sound....?? The car at Monza sounded muffled and pretty mono-tonal....

Also, seeing as you clearly got rather close to the car, did you not manage a peek inside the cabin....?? PDK or manual....?? And...... Any hint as to the red-line....??
Old 05-16-2018, 08:03 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Five12Free

Good flicks, thanks for posting. If that’s the final design, it will need the 4.0L to help out it’s ugly looks!

What do you not like about it aesthetically? Curious. I think the front end will be revised further because that doesn't look like the front on the Spyder. It looks like the GTS Spyder from early on. I do want them to do the extended air scoops like the current car.

Also:

Edit: here's the early Spyder from November:

https://s.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dim...yder-s03-1.jpg

and same angle:

https://s.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dim...yder-s14-1.jpg
Old 05-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 661 Likes on 276 Posts

Sorry everyone - I haven't been following this thread to know all of the 46 pages of drama, so I hope I'm not pissing on bonfires.

There is a caveat here - I do see a lot of test vehicles in my area & you never really know what you see. If this was a 718 GT4, then the front end is obviously bogus, as could be many other areas of the design.

As mentioned (and I own a few 6 cylinder Porsches along with a 4 cylinder turbo) - to my ear, I could not detect a turbo sound.

I also made sure to look in the interior - stick shift... I didn't get close enough to see how many speeds.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:04 PM
mcomet
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That car has a GTS front end not a GT4... but it has the wing... odd...
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by blackholescion
What do you not like about it aesthetically? Curious. I think the front end will be revised further because that doesn't look like the front on the Spyder. It looks like the GTS Spyder from early on. I do want them to do the extended air scoops like the current car.

Also: https://i.imgur.com/wZcmV7n.gif
I don’t like the front bumper! Doesn’t look very pleasing to my eye. The rear diffuser didn’t look good the first few times, but I do like it now.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 120 Posts

Sorry everyone - I haven't been following this thread to know all of the 46 pages of drama, so I hope I'm not pissing on bonfires.

There is a caveat here - I do see a lot of test vehicles in my area & you never really know what you see. If this was a 718 GT4, then the front end is obviously bogus, as could be many other areas of the design.

As mentioned (and I own a few 6 cylinder Porsches along with a 4 cylinder turbo) - to my ear, there is no way that this is was a turbo charged car.

I also made sure to look in the interior - stick shift... I didn't get close enough to see how many speeds.
I think it’s pretty damn good intel you provided. Some of the best snooping in this thread.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:12 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyGT4
Can you ask about the new 911R with a 4.2lt engine in as well please?
Next person mentioned 4.2L I will use the ignore function. 4.2L simply isn't feasible for mainstream manufacturing. It will never happened. Tuners gets way wit that cause they don't have to warranty the car. They don't have to pass 100mil government regulations. Tuners don't have to make their engine last longer than 5,000 miles.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kmmalek
Whoopsy's next post has got to be the most anticipated post of the year...
Sorry, I just killed that hope
Old 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

So, I happened to be at an outlet mall about 15 miles from my house this morning to pick up a friend and look what was sitting in the parking lot. I couldn't quite believe it but the manufacturers do a lot of testing in my area and there's several independent testing agencies (which was the case here). I had a brief conversation with the driver who pretended to be clueless about the car as he knew that I knew what it was... It was idling and he did me the favor of revving it a few times but asked that I not take video which I respected. It's a 6 to my ears
- no turbo spool...

My phone was away from me for like 6 hours, but that's pretty much the rumoured car.

It is after all without camo and I didn't posted it, even if I want to.

The other half of the twin will the same but the the cloth top like old ones.

Engine will be bespoke to the car(s) for a while. The race car version which I am most interested is going to be a evolution but will be competitive with competition from the cheater cars from McLaren and AMG. Without the extra weight of useless stuff for the class like snails.

The thing that was suppose to be on top of them is bonkers. I will totally take it over a GT3 without even thinking. But it is neither confirmed nor denied. The car I saw was just a figment of my imagination apparently.

Cars will also follow the current transmission rules. Cars also don't need someone to press the brakes for torquing.

There was something sitting there without a hard top, but it was completely ignored as the car next to it is the Youtube car, I already placed an order directly with Weissach, it is the ultimate widow maker, good luck to my wife. I suggested a mandatory training session with purchase. They also think its' a good idea just so their customers won't be dying left and right.

It was really something to see a RSR opened up next to a GT3R. Still can't believe they got away with the mid engine RSR. But then again one could argue the 911 and the Cayman is really the same platform hence interchangeable.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Gatte
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
My phone was away from me for like 6 hours, but that's pretty much the rumoured car.

It is after all without camo and I didn't posted it, even if I want to.

The other half of the twin will the same but the the cloth top like old ones.

Engine will be bespoke to the car(s) for a while.
Does this mean that the engine will not be the 4L from the GT3. Or will it be a 4L but different from the one in the GT3.

The thing that was suppose to be on top of them is bonkers. I will totally take it over a GT3 without even thinking. But it is neither confirmed nor denied. The car I saw was just a figment of my imagination apparently.
What does you mean by this whoopsy ??. Are you referring to the GT4 or the race going version of the GT4 or GT4 RS or something else ??

There was something sitting there without a hard top, but it was completely ignored as the car next to it is the Youtube car, I already placed an order directly with Weissach, it is the ultimate widow maker, good luck to my wife. I suggested a mandatory training session with purchase. They also think its' a good idea just so their customers won't be dying left and right.
Can you please tell us if you're referring to the Boxster Spyder over here or the GT4 or the 911 speedster ??

I am not sure if you're allowed to reveal this information or not. Also, I'm sure it's probably super late where you are but would really appreciate your input.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

The thing that was suppose to be on top of them is bonkers..
Whoopsy, I'm not totally sure I know what you mean by this. Can you clarify?

Edit: looks like the same question was asked above. Sorry for the repeat.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4?