Notices

Will Porsche ever walk back it commitment to hybridization/electrification?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 04:27 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunky
I can't imagine living life through a political prism where everything is an all or none, good or bad proposition. Gotta be torture when one is compelled to attack everything that is not in direct alignment with ones own perspectives. The end result of this is the anger that you demonstrate. It is unhealthy to be at war with half the world.
But sadly, that’s where we are today…the “political prism” is more pronounced/polarized today, than it has ever been.

I am reminded of a recent, bipartisan immigration bill that was crafted by the Republican Senator, a conservative guy, from a very conservative state, Oklahoma. It passed in the Senate, but was never even brought before the House, to debate the bill, let alone be voted on…or to even to be discussed to make changes. The Bill died in the House because one person - the convicted felon - decided that passing that bill was not good business for him. wasn’t about the Country, but everything to do with his political ambition. First bipartisan immigration bill passed in Congress in over 2-3 decades…shot down in the House of rep…the inept, do nothing republicans in the House.

So, that’s where we’re at. Bi-partisan cooperation is dead.

As an Independent, I voted for as many republicans (when they really were Republicans not MAGA Republicans), as I have Dems. I voted for our Republican Gov, twice. Good guy. But I have begun to re-evaluate my centrist, bipartisan beliefs. I can not, in good faith, vote Republican anymore until MAGA has been purged from the party. My father, a highly decorated Navy veteran of 3 wars, was a Republican his entire life. He called himself a Ronald Reagan Republican, and I greatly respected my father, even when we didn’t always agree on issues. he was a man of good character, ethics with a strong moral compass. . Before his death at age 102, he told be he could not vote for Trump in the last election. Oh, he didn’t vote Dem, either. But for the first time in his adult life, he abstained from voting in a Presidential election. That would be the last election he would ever have. As a Navy vet my father never got over Trump’s attacks on John McCain (and other war veterans that disagreed with him). McCain was a prisoner of war in Vietnam after his fighter jet was shot down. Yet, the draft dodger Trump couldn’t shut his big fat yap, and had to go after McCain. That turned a lot of veterans against trump….he still doesn’t respect those who served. He uses veterans to get what he wants, but doesn’t respect what they have done.

So ya, it’s come to this….and i make no appologies.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-14-2024 at 04:36 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
elvisdoc (06-18-2024), Ikone (06-14-2024), Larson E. Rapp (06-14-2024), rasetsu (06-14-2024), Tobeit (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 04:37 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Received 158 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
But sadly, that’s where we are today…the “political prism” is more pronounced today, than it has ever been.

I am reminded of a recent, bipartisan immigration bill that was crafted by the Republican Senator from Oklahoma - a conservative state. It passed in the Senate, but was never even brought before the House, to debate the bill…or to even make suggestions for change. The Bill died in the House because one person - the convicted felon - decided that passing that bill was not good business for him. First bipartisan immigration bill passed in Congress in over 2-3 decades…shot down.

So, that’s where we’re at. Bi-partisan cooperation is dead.

As an Independent, I voted for as many republicans (when they really were Republicans not MAGA Republicans), as I have Dems. I voted for our Republican Gov, twice. Good guy. But I have begun to re-evaluate my centrist, bipartisan beliefs. I can not, in good faith, vote Republicans anymore until MAGA has been purged from the party. My father, a highly decorated Navy veteran of 3 wars, was a Republican his entire life. He called himself a Ronald Reagan Republican, and I greatly respected my father, even when we didn’t always agree on issues. he was a man of good character, ethics with a strong moral compass. . Before his death at age 102, he told be he could not vote for Trump in the last election. As a Navy vet my father never got over Trump’s attacks on John McCain (and other war veterans that disagreed with him). McCain was a prisoner of war in Vietnam after his fighter jet was shot down. Yet, the draft dodger Trump couldn’t shut is big fat yap, and had to go after McCain. That turned a lot of veterans against trump….he still doesn’t respect those who served. He uses veterans to get what he wants, but doesn’t respect what they have done.

So ya, it’s come to this….and i make no appologies.
Good grief, you are about as middle of the road or centrist as one of our congressional "squad"members.
Take your 911 out for a spin if it is not still snowing where you live and flush Trump out of your head for an hour or two. Life is good Man, try and enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
George from MD (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 05:01 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Good grief, you are about as middle of the road or centrist as one of our congressional "squad"members.
Take your 911 out for a spin if it is not still snowing where you live and flush Trump out of your head for an hour or two. Life is good Man, try and enjoy it.

Here we go again…just because i see Trump as someone who should be in jail, and not as someone who should be running for the highest position in the country….does not change my centrist beliefs on many issues. Oh, and to be clear, nobody in the MAGA cult is a “centrist”. That said, some of your rightwing “dog-whistle” comments, were clear indicators of your political affiliation…and viewing habits. So spare me your analysis of my political affiliation.

I view Trump as not only a felon, but a conman that has duped millions of people into believing his big lie…a lie that continues to tear this country apart. That’s all on Trump, and nobody else. Trump had his chance. He had his days in court to try and overturn the election results. But Court after Court shot him down…was it all rigged? Every judge, even the ones he appointed, shot him down. His cases had no merit…it’s as simple as that. Yet, the conman still persists with the big lie. Now, a convicted felon - 34 times over. Again, rigged/“witch hunt” (trump’s go to response with anything that goes against him)? Not likely, as it only took one juror to have ‘reasonable doubt” to result in a hung jurry. The odds were in trumps favor…and still 12 jurors who saw and heard all the evidence found him guilty. Not one. Not twice…but 34 times. remarkable.

This is who MAGA picked? Really? This was the best republicans could do? Really? I was ready to vote for any number of Republicans had they been nominated. But alas, MAGA “deplorable’s” picked a twice impeached president, A guy that is running on his big lie, and has been for the last 3.5 years. A convicted felon who is still waiting on 3 more cases, A guy that trades political favors for big donations from the oil industry, quid pro quo. The list of negative things for the Orang turd are endless. they really are. Morally and ethically bankrupt.

But anytime you want to compare how we each stand on major national issues, I’ll be happy to play…and then we’ll see where each of us stands.

As far as taking the 911 out…not today. That was yesterday. Today was boating day.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-14-2024 at 06:12 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
Ikone (06-14-2024), Larson E. Rapp (06-14-2024), Tobeit (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 05:53 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,818 Likes on 1,488 Posts

Here we go again…just because i see Trump as someone who should be in jail, and not as someone who should be running for the highest position in the country….does not change my centrist beliefs on many issues. Oh, and to be clear, nobody in the MAGA cult is a “centrist”. That said, some of your rightwing “dog-whistle” comments, were clear indicators of your political affiliation…and viewing habits. So spare me your analysis of my political affiliation.

I view Trump as not only a felon, but a conman that has duped millions of people into believing his big lie…a lie that continues to tear this country apart. That’s all on Trump, and nobody else. Trump had his chance. He had his days in court to try and overturn the election results. But Court after Court shot him down…was it all rigged? Every judge, even the ones he appointed, shot him down. His cases had no merit…it’s as simple as that. Yet, the conman still persists with the big lie. Now, a convicted felon - 34 times over. Again, rigged/“witch hunt” (trump’s go to response with anything that goes against him)? Not likely, as it only took one juror to have ‘reasonable doubt” to result in a hung jurry. The odds were in trumps favor…and still 12 jurors who saw and heard all the evidence found him guilty. Not one. Not twice…but 34 times. remarkable.

This is who MAGA picked? Really? This was the best republicans could do? Really? I was ready to vote for any number of Republicans had they been nominated. But alas, MAGA “deplorable’s” picked a twice impeached president, A guy that is running on his big lie, and has been for the last 3.5 years. A convicted felon who is still waiting on 3 more cases, A guy that trades political favors for big donations from the oil industry, quid pro quo.

Give me a break. But anytime you want to compare how we each stand on major national issues, I’ll be happy to play…and then we’ll see where each of us stands.

As far as taking the 911 out…not today. That was yesterday. Today was boating day.
How was the boating? I was in Long Beach today, wearing a 2020 Newport to Ensenada cap and someone asked me if I was in this years race. Sadly no, and indeed the 2020 race didn't happen because of COVID. Ooops, off topic sorry! But hey, at least yachting is wind powered!
Old 06-14-2024, 06:09 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by aggie57
How was the boating? I was in Long Beach today, wearing a 2020 Newport to Ensenada cap and someone asked me if I was in this years race. Sadly no, and indeed the 2020 race didn't happen because of COVID. Ooops, off topic sorry! But hey, at least yachting is wind powered!

How did you know…? that I sold my 340 Sundancer Sea ray power boat and got a Beneteau sailboat. Did that last year. Been a while (since college) that I sailed, so still trying to get back into the swing of things.

Today had very little wind, so pretty relaxing… In college, I owned a Laser, and what a blast…very fast and agile. But really meant for only one person. two in a pinch.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-14-2024 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:16 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 728 Posts

You might be surprised, but I agree with everything you said.

It might interest you to know that 100% of the EV owners I know, also have one, or more ICE cars. In fact, I think a recent survey showed that most EV owners also drive ICE…but for short trips around town, nothing beats an EV.

Not too long ago I was conversing with one of the journalists/writers at MotorTrend. he had written an article (as all the media does) about “range anxiety”…and i responded by telling him that about 80% of EV owners also own an ICE car…as do I. So, long trips, or when driving through states with minimal charging infrastructure, I take my ICE. No big deal. But the day-to-day driving is with an EV. Ergo, zero range anxiety.

I will also admit that when I drive my 911, it does bring a huge smile to my face. So, there is a place in my garage for the right ICE car….just as there is space in my garage for an EV.
Yes, if I would not have my very local charging problem (the 2 chargers we have are occupied by the same folks that arrive 5:01PM after work and charge for next day until they leave 7:59AM) and concern about adding to the problem that when it does burn our fire department waits outside watching, I would have switched mY SUV already. So, I lease my daily ride for 3 more years and hope by then its been sorted out. In the meantime, the 911 sits in his own garage waiting for the fun drives after work or weekends, taking the wifey for a nice date or meet some other car folks to hang out.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:19 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 728 Posts

How did you know…? that I sold my 340 Sundancer Sea ray power boat and got a Beneteau sailboat. Did that last year. Been a while (since college) that I sailed, so still trying to get back into the swing of things.

Today had very little wind, so pretty relaxing… In college, I owned a Laser, and what a blast…very fast and agile. But really meant for only one person. two in a pinch.
I am in the process of selling my boat - got a new mantra, simplify/rid my life of things I really don't need and focus on things that matter - aka family and doing things I never had time to do before.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:29 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tobeit
I am in the process of selling my boat - got a new mantra, simplify/rid my life of things I really don't need and focus on things that matter - aka family and doing things I never had time to do before.
The best thing (purchase) I ever did was to get a power boat when my kids were young. GREAT, GREAT family outings spent on the boat tubing, wake boarding, fishing and swimming. Even my two boys birthday parties were spent with their friends on the boat. but as they moved on after college, only my wife and I used it…and then only I used it. So time to shake things up with a sailboat.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:55 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,767 Likes on 952 Posts

But to their point, I am talking specifically about weather-related storms in the US. Not flooding in Malaysia. Or earthquakes in Chile.
Global warming and the subsequent weather changes around the globe are exactly that, global. We don’t get to pick and choose to fit the narrative we want to paint.

Was our climate the same for 3.5 billion years until we terrible humans began driving cars and running our a/c systems?
They don’t want to talk about that.

MAGA people?
He’s a pretty angry, abrasive person. You can sense it in nearly every post in this thread. I can’t imagine he puffs his chest this much in the real world.

He is right about the political polarization (…which is also feeding the anti-EV sentiment), but I would expect people in this presumed high-middle to upper class category to conduct themselves with some decorum, not mirror those who throw tantrums, take over and deface college campuses, etc. because everybody doesn’t agree with and/or questions their position.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 06-14-2024 at 07:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
George from MD (06-14-2024), Hunky (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 07:05 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Global warming and the subsequent weather changes around the globe are exactly that, global. We don’t get to pick and choose to fit the narrative we want to paint.
Obviously, you didn’t read the article.

Why am I not surprised?

He’s a pretty angry, abrasive person. You can sense it in nearly every post in this thread. I can’t imagine he puffs his chest this much in the real world.
Poster ignorance will do that.

He is right about the political polarization, but I would expect people in this presumed high-middle to upper class category to conduct themselves with some decorum, not mirror those who throw tantrums, take over and deface college campuses, etc. because everybody doesn’t agree with and/or questions their position.
Just as people expect posters to post factual/honest information, rather than lies and exaggerations.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-14-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Hunky
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3Inline6

They don’t want to talk about that.

He is right about the political polarization (…which is also feeding the anti-EV sentiment), but I would expect people in this presumed high-middle to upper class category to conduct themselves with some decorum, not mirror those who throw tantrums, take over and deface college campuses, etc. because everybody doesn’t agree with and/or questions their position.
Spot on, very angry and aggressively abrasive. Reading his posts is as painfull as watching MSDNC for 5 minutes where one Liberal head explodes after another.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hunky:
George from MD (06-14-2024), M3Inline6 (06-14-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 08:38 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Spot on, very angry and aggressively abrasive. Reading his posts is as painfull as watching MSDNC for 5 minutes where one Liberal head explodes after another.
Talk about “angry”. Here you are yet again …talking smack. Oh, the irony.

But on a different topic, is that you, or your toady? think this is in Florida? As I said, “Neanderthals”. Pretty close, although Neanderthals might be a bit smarter than these guys?

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-14-2024 at 08:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ikone (06-14-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 10:14 AM
Hunky
Instructor

Bigdog, For your own mental health, try to get President Trump out of your head as it is painfully obvious that you have an unhealthy obsession with him.
TDS is not a joke.
Funny video and certainly an improvement over your usual inflamatory blather like your condemnation of this forum and its moderators as you are known to do.

Last edited by Hunky; 06-15-2024 at 11:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hunky:
George from MD (06-15-2024), M3Inline6 (06-15-2024)
Old 06-15-2024, 09:19 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,818 Likes on 1,488 Posts

Just a guess . I had a Laser in my youth, # 26498. What I really loved about it was no shrouds, single step mast and really simple running gear which made it quick and simple to use. But I was a bit big for it, at 13 stone.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:18 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 78 Posts

Notice how none of the EV fans want to talk about the terrible mining pollution needed to make their cars?

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2...epage-americas
The following 4 users liked this post by jmrichards:
George from MD (06-18-2024), huntflyer (06-18-2024), ldamelio (06-18-2024), M3Inline6 (06-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Will Porsche ever walk back it commitment to hybridization/electrification?