Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022 | 11:36 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Man I'm so jealous and I just did my euro delivery 2 months ago

Excited for all of you, I made sure to thank everyone involved when I was in Zuffenhausen to let them know how appreciative my dad and I were that they still offer this to customers

Euro delivery is a big part of the reason why I will be a Porsche fan for life, safe travels everyone
The following 2 users liked this post by sampelligrino:
Dubber (08-19-2022), woobiee (08-18-2022)
Old 08-19-2022 | 08:59 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Euro delivery is a big part of the reason why I will be a Porsche fan for life, safe travels everyone
100%! BMW stopped doing it for canadian customers during the pandemic. We were going to get my wife a 2 series coupe.

Old 08-19-2022 | 10:47 PM
cayennegtsaustin
Track Day

Finally, I got an allocation and the build dates.

. Not sure if they will stick to this or change it.
Old 08-20-2022 | 01:33 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

@SToronto Did you remove your plates? Where they on the car? Did you get the fire extinguisher? Any damage?
Old 08-20-2022 | 10:57 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmos
@SToronto Did you remove your plates? Where they on the car? Did you get the fire extinguisher? Any damage?
i took my front plate upon drop off. Simovic in Sindelfingen wanted one plate for transport. Second plate made it home, so I have that too. Yes the extinguisher made it home, Simovic has heard stories of it being removed at port. So he wrote on the report that car has it to prove it was there at drop. No damage obvious to me. I ran my fingers under the front lip at delivery as the lip was perfect when I dropped it. No damage. The factory gift did not make it, as expected but had hoped it would.
The following users liked this post:
cosmos (08-20-2022)
Old 08-20-2022 | 11:17 AM
Chadds
Intermediate

Picked my car up on Wednesday August 17th. Had a wonderful day at Leipzig and left my car with Creo Signs for PPF. We headed to Berlin for 2 nights and collected my car on Friday and headed to Prague.

Here are a few pictures of the collection day and the car after PPF. I will write a more complete post when I return

Chris

Ready to leave the factory

After PPF, take a close look at the car at the back of the shop.

Collection day in the delivery bay.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (08-23-2022)
Old 08-20-2022 | 12:23 PM
cayennegtsaustin
Track Day

Originally Posted by cayennegtsaustin
Finally, I got an allocation and the build dates.

Not sure if they will stick to this or change it.

The dates look weird. How can it enter the body shop on 11/25 and then production complete also 11/25? Can someone let me know please? This is my 3rd Porsche but first ED. I do not know how it works.
Old 08-20-2022 | 08:06 PM
DrAsto992GT3
Intermediate

I can tell you that my similar sheet has Planned/Expected dates that are spaced apart - IE ( Took a week to get to CP0.8 from entry to body shop ) They do adjust the dates often so don't get frustrated and be glad you have a commission # - Thats what's the most important- honestly would add a month to any dates you see - My GT3 got all the way to completion and then got delayed before CP0.8 - Parts ? Also- It took two weeks for my car to make it to Emden -" Being shipped " - There are a lot of issues such as the strike in Emden, Porsche parts suppliers / and Porsche really is doing the best they can ---- Bottom line - Be Patient - And enjoy the anticipation of your new car;
Old 08-20-2022 | 11:00 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chadds
Picked my car up on Wednesday August 17th. Had a wonderful day at Leipzig and left my car with Creo Signs for PPF. We headed to Berlin for 2 nights and collected my car on Friday and headed to Prague.

Here are a few pictures of the collection day and the car after PPF. I will write a more complete post when I return

Chris

Ready to leave the factory

After PPF, take a close look at the car at the back of the shop.

Collection day in the delivery bay.
where did you have the PPF done? Thanks, Bob
Old 08-21-2022 | 01:43 PM
Chadds
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ragerard
where did you have the PPF done? Thanks, Bob

Creo Signs just outside of Leipzig. It’s a husband and wife operation. I found them through a previous Renn lister who had used them for their European delivery. It’s a quality shop. They were working on a GT2 RS Clubsport while my car was in their shop. Contact information below. Juliane (f) handle’s the email communication as her English is better.

CreaSigns-Foliendesign | Juliane Leo - InhaberinLilienthalstraße 4, 04420 Markranstädt

Zentrale: 034205-408630 | Tel. 034205-408631[img]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/img] | Fax. 034205-408639

E-Mail. j.leo@creasigns.de| Web. www.creasigns.de
Old 08-21-2022 | 07:51 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chadds
Creo Signs just outside of Leipzig. It’s a husband and wife operation. I found them through a previous Renn lister who had used them for their European delivery. It’s a quality shop. They were working on a GT2 RS Clubsport while my car was in their shop. Contact information below. Juliane (f) handle’s the email communication as her English is better.

CreaSigns-Foliendesign | Juliane Leo - InhaberinLilienthalstraße 4, 04420 Markranstädt

Zentrale: 034205-408630 | Tel. 034205-408631[img]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/img] | Fax. 034205-408639

E-Mail. j.leo@creasigns.de| Web. www.creasigns.de
Thanks. How long did you have to leave them the car? Can you give a rough idea of the cost.

Thanks again.
Old 08-22-2022 | 01:58 AM
Chadds
Intermediate

Here’s the detail on the work completed on the screenshot attached. We dropped the car off around 3:30pm on Wednesday Aug 17th and it was ready by noon on Friday August 19th hope this helps. Juliane recommended this as being protection for the areas most likely to see road damage that could be completed in the shortest time

​​​​​​
Old 08-22-2022 | 01:03 PM
cayennegtsaustin
Track Day

Originally Posted by DrAsto992GT3
I can tell you that my similar sheet has Planned/Expected dates that are spaced apart - IE ( Took a week to get to CP0.8 from entry to body shop ) They do adjust the dates often so don't get frustrated and be glad you have a commission # - Thats what's the most important- honestly would add a month to any dates you see - My GT3 got all the way to completion and then got delayed before CP0.8 - Parts ? Also- It took two weeks for my car to make it to Emden -" Being shipped " - There are a lot of issues such as the strike in Emden, Porsche parts suppliers / and Porsche really is doing the best they can ---- Bottom line - Be Patient - And enjoy the anticipation of your new car;
Thanks for your response.
Old 08-22-2022 | 02:40 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dubber
Definitely my favourite thread! Just received my euro delivery package and im now less then 10 days until pick up!
Nice!

Porsche is upping their game on the European Delivery package...

Back in 2017, all I got was a vinyl folder, Porsche Pen and name tag.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 08-23-2022 | 07:14 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Originally Posted by SToronto
i took my front plate upon drop off. Simovic in Sindelfingen wanted one plate for transport. Second plate made it home, so I have that too. Yes the extinguisher made it home, Simovic has heard stories of it being removed at port. So he wrote on the report that car has it to prove it was there at drop. No damage obvious to me. I ran my fingers under the front lip at delivery as the lip was perfect when I dropped it. No damage. The factory gift did not make it, as expected but had hoped it would.
My car arrived at the dealer last Thursday - same here - the factory gift did not make it. The original floor mats did make it though (I had CXX mats in the car) and so did the second license plate. Took the car to immediately be wrapped and hope to get it back next Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Porsche still doing ED, or permanently cancelled?