Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by HoBoJoe
You probably have to change your resolution from 1920x1080 to 5760x1080, but hopefully someone use uses triple monitors will chime in soon.
Yes that would be my bet. Once in the game, on the Graphics tab, should give you an option to change the resolution... and you'll need to make it the big one (that covers all 3 screens).

Don't forget to fill out all the other measurements (distance to your head, screen angle, bezel size, etc) and check "render 3 screens separately".
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna host a practice at 5ish

Anyone around?

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911racer
Ok, tech question.

Got all 3 monitors hooked up and running now.

I changed it to 3 monitors in the game, but when it launches it only comes up on the center one. What else do I need to do to make it work right.

Thanks

Ed
I would either rename the file render.ini or edit it and change the first line

AutoCfgCompleted=1 to a 0, save the file and start the game, it should rerun the 3D configuration.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I changed it to 3 monitors in the game, but when it launches it only comes up on the center one. What else do I need to do to make it work right.

Thanks

Ed
Ed, the first thing you need to check is that your 3 monitors are working correctly in Windows. If you can drag an icon from one monitor and drop into onto another monitor - then they configured correctly.

Then run the hardware configuration in iracing. It will detect that you are running 3 monitors. It's located on the home page under one of the tabs. Once it's done scanning your hardware, it will give you resolution options. You have to select one that has been marked with * next to the resolution choices. If you don't select a resolution with the asterisk it wont run on 3 monitors. Then select 3 monitors and run monitors individually.

Let us know if it works. Went to 3 monitors a couple of weeks ago - its fantastic. Helped with my race craft and overall driving experience. It's almost more fun than driving my GT3!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911racer
Ok, tech question.

Got all 3 monitors hooked up and running now.

Thanks

Ed
Ed not sure if you got there yet, set up mine last week, pain in the *** did everything that everyone has suggested but this is what got me running.

Go into Iracing FAQ'S, go into the video section, there are 2 threads that talk about changing to 3 screens, one for radeon one for nvidia.
Go into the one for your card, you need to make the changes to the app.ini file and the renderer.ini file that they suggest. This is what finally worked for me. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Burkey
Ed not sure if you got there yet, set up mine last week, pain in the *** did everything that everyone has suggested but this is what got me running. Go into Iracing FAQ'S, go into the video section, there are 2 threads that talk about changing to 3 screens, one for radeon one for nvidia. Go into the one for your card, you need to make the changes to the app.ini file and the renderer.ini file that they suggest. This is what finally worked for me. Good luck.
My guess is u haven't configured it in windows

All that info nvidia/ati Thread is way old... As in years old for early cards

Should be easy

Got mine up and running in minutes... Both the ATI and Nvidia card

Old 03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Ok going to launch a practice at 5:45

Old 03-12-2014, 07:06 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Just launched a session

Lost track of time while in iRacing forums

Missed out a great fanatec deal

Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Missed out a great fanatec dea
What was the deal? Would like to buy their pedals.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brake dust
What was the deal? Would like to buy their pedals.
Club sport base and BMW wheel and base angle mount 550
Only Two months old

That's 200 off
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My power went out about 10 minutes ago, looks like I'm going to miss the race.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tasracer
Club sport base and BMW wheel and base angle mount 550
Only Two months old

That's 200 off
I have this setup. It is awesome, worth every penny at new price.
$550 is a steal for one with so little use.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:47 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Good running tonight, guys! Top-10 qualifiers all within ~0.9s! Couple new guys in the points this week, too! Great stuff

Hope everyone is still having fun... I have to laugh a little, as it seems like some guys are starting to take this a little bit serious! LOL. Less chit-chatting before/during/after the race, guys are gettin' down to bidness!

I ruined my own race. Had a GREAT fight going with Jenks... he was putting serious pressure from behind. The only place it seemed I was getting a bit of a run (away) on him was exiting T4 (? the last left before the straight down into the hairpin). Well I botched it on Lap 4, and that brought him in close, and I decided to hit the hairpin real hard. Got on the gas super early, the car bounced, twisted, and I exited track right, straight into the wall. Limped it back to the pits for a fast reset but came out in P13. Worked my way back up to P7 by the end but didn't make any ground on P6+. I put together a bunch of 59s with no draft (even set FTR with a 59.3) and still couldn't close the ~+22s gap to P6. One hell of a pace.

I'll miss this coming Sunday's practice - I'm heading down to Sebring Friday early morning (W00T!) and won't be back in time. If I don't get on tomorrow night (maybe?) then I'll see everybody next week!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:15 AM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Good running tonight, guys! Top-10 qualifiers all within ~0.9s! Couple new guys in the points this week, too! Great stuff

Hope everyone is still having fun... I have to laugh a little, as it seems like some guys are starting to take this a little bit serious! LOL. Less chit-chatting before/during/after the race, guys are gettin' down to bidness!

I ruined my own race. Had a GREAT fight going with Jenks... he was putting serious pressure from behind. The only place it seemed I was getting a bit of a run (away) on him was exiting T4 (? the last left before the straight down into the hairpin). Well I botched it on Lap 4, and that brought him in close, and I decided to hit the hairpin real hard. Got on the gas super early, the car bounced, twisted, and I exited track right, straight into the wall. Limped it back to the pits for a fast reset but came out in P13. Worked my way back up to P7 by the end but didn't make any ground on P6+. I put together a bunch of 59s with no draft (even set FTR with a 59.3) and still couldn't close the ~+22s gap to P6. One hell of a pace.

I'll miss this coming Sunday's practice - I'm heading down to Sebring Friday early morning (W00T!) and won't be back in time. If I don't get on tomorrow night (maybe?) then I'll see everybody next week!
I'm still having issues about my pole (first) to no points due to equipment fail. I think I need to cry :'(... Talk about taking it too seriously - ahhh!

Sent from NSA HQ using Rennlist Forums
Old 03-13-2014, 08:44 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burkey
Ed not sure if you got there yet, set up mine last week, pain in the *** did everything that everyone has suggested but this is what got me running.

Go into Iracing FAQ'S, go into the video section, there are 2 threads that talk about changing to 3 screens, one for radeon one for nvidia.
Go into the one for your card, you need to make the changes to the app.ini file and the renderer.ini file that they suggest. This is what finally worked for me. Good luck.

Got it. Thanks.

Now, if I can just help getting lambasted from the behind at the start of the race while following the field in front of me...

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread