Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Burkey
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tasracer
I missed the memo

Mosport was my only finish

Sent from my iPad using Rennlist
I feel the same pain, the Glen out in turn 1 first lap change reaction Mosport turn 2 first lap no damage, last night turn 2 first lap. Looked at the replay totally my fault, I apologize to whoever I hit squeezing into the apex. Sometimes I think if your are too cautious can cause issues behind you. Still too much fun and addictive, just ordered a new system so I can run 3 screens
Old 02-27-2014, 10:00 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by North Coast Cab
So my G27 won't power up. Anyone had power supply or similar issues?
I have a g25

For sale

Make u good price

Haha

Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Burkey
I feel the same pain, the Glen out in turn 1 first lap change reaction Mosport turn 2 first lap no damage, last night turn 2 first lap. Looked at the replay totally my fault, I apologize to whoever I hit squeezing into the apex. Sometimes I think if your are too cautious can cause issues behind you. Still too much fun and addictive, just ordered a new system so I can run 3 screens
I'd say, try to be predictable.

I get the desire to want to get out of other people's way, to be cautious - but you are right, there is such a thing (IMO) as being TOO cautious, as it winds up being unpredictable. Hold your line, be consistent, if you're going to slow up to let someone by, EASE up (don't CHOP the throttle), etc. If you're going to brake early, brake early but gently and ease into it, etc.

Make u good price

Haha
Fi dolla you pilot?

Hosted session up. Open, 2hrs practice at VIR.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

What time does it end?

I'll be home in 30
Old 02-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burkey
last night turn 2 first lap. Looked at the replay totally my fault, I apologize to whoever I hit squeezing into the apex.
No worries. I set my clutch wrong and ended up rolling at the start and got black flagged. When I passed you before T2 I actually thought you had an issue with the car and didn't expect to see you coming back up the inside. Had I known I'd of given you a bit more space and not turned to hit my marks.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/po...t/3240637.page

Thread I started

Old 02-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Please share your issue with rSeat. I am very happy with mine.

I have the same Sparco EVO seat in my rSeat EVO III frame as I do in my RS America track car. When I sit in my setup it feels like my car. I have set my seat, wheel, and pedals to nearly the exact the same angle and distances as in my track car. For those that are really tall I can see having to tweak these more, but I can move the wheel and pedals individually from each other so I can keep wheel close and pedals far if necessary.

My Clubsport SQ shifter is on back order so I can't comment on wobbly shifter but I would be surprised if that is an issue for me. The shifter mount is solid and can be moved closer or further from the seat in all four directions as well as height. I plan to set it to be the same location relative to me as it is in my RSA and I think it will complete the replication of my seating position and inputs..

As for the screens the Oculus Rift will solve that in due time. I can't wrap my head around investing in triple screens and mounts when the retail Rift is in the near future. Right now I have my frame 7ft from a 120" screen. I have limited side view and I crave side mirrors/monitors, but for now my dash/windshield is larger than life size but appears life size when used with the correct FoV and I can work around it until the Oculus Rift retail version is available for purchase.

The only negative I can see with the rSeat is that it looks like a metal frame not a sexy racing cockpit or tub. Function over form for me. I couldn't be happier with the rSeat seating/wheel/pedal position and other features. A friend came over last weekend and tried it out and ended up buying one himself.

Do I wish it had motion, sure but not at the current prices needed to get into that. Maybe in the future...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:06 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Practice was fun. First time on virtural VIR and first time with other cars on track.

Some of you guys are really schooling me int he slow corners. Are you changing your setup significantly for each track ? or do I just need to be driving it differently. I am driving VIR the same way that I do in a real car which works out great for Mid-O, but VIR I feel very slow.

Some set up advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-28-2014, 12:10 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 911racer
Some of you guys are really schooling me int he slow corners. Are you changing your setup significantly for each track ? or do I just need to be driving it differently. I am driving VIR the same way that I do in a real car which works out great for Mid-O, but VIR I feel very slow.
Disclaimer: I haven't run the RUF there yet.

I have now used the same setup for all the track since we went to the race. Only thing I have changed is the rear wing and for Mid Ohio I went up 1 setting on the front sway bar, that's it. That said, having a good setup is key as the default setup is horribly plagued with understeer. It takes a touch getting used to throttle car rotation on the setup I use but once you do you can get on the gas super early.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:36 PM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/po...t/3240637.page

Thread I started

Wow...some awesome rigs in that thread

I really need to upgrade mine...

Name:  iracing_zpsa5b21ace.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  40.0 KB
Old 02-28-2014, 12:43 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Does your neck get sore Luke?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:57 PM
loxner

A little bit. I sit ~6ft from the TV, so the angle isn't that bad...the pic distorts the height difference a bit. Obviously not ideal though.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Some cool rigs over there on the other forum, I might post mine there, but here it is, I have pretty much finished it, just need to decide if I'm painting it flat black or safety orange.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice custom sim rig but why the belts if no motion?
Old 02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Belts because I had an extra set setting on the shelf, but I also would find myself leaning forward so that fixed that :-) Also I have SimVibe so helps feel some of that.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread